Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2020, 12:54 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
The government? Because we have laws? A woman has natural rights to her own body no matter what government says. The only thing the law does is make it legal or not. Women have always aborted
You cannot argue science and government at the same time.

You either believe in science or you believe in government. Which is it?

Is a black person only 3/5ths of a person? You believe that? Government said so. Explain that scientifically.

Men have always raped. You support that too? Since it was always, it always should be?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2020, 12:55 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,038,065 times
These threads always make me glad I had a safe, legal abortion.

Old 02-24-2020, 12:55 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,954,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
You only believe someone exists if the government says they exist?

Did you also believe that slaves were 3/5 of a whole person?
I dont know where you got the government thing from, or how slavery has anything to do with our discussion.

I have written from my own perspective and thoughts. The only thing I ever said about government is we should not try to legislate for extreme circumstances.

I believe government has no business legislating what I do with my uterus. That is called choice.

You, on the other hand, seem to want to make abortion illegal ( government controlled) under all circumstances.

Old 02-24-2020, 01:02 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,871,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
You only believe that people EXIST if the government tells you they exist. There is no way to debate life with someone who lets the government tell them whether people exist or not.
This is why arguing with this poster is futile. She thinks this kind of stupidity is a valid argument for forcing women to give birth against their will. It's a waste of time even responding to her. She will simply repeat stupid things like this and pretend it makes sense.

She wants all pregnant women to be forced to give birth, no matter what. And she thinks SHE should be the one to decide what every OTHER woman should be allowed to do with their bodies.

Save your sanity and stop trying to speak reason to someone who is not capable of it. People like this are best ignored.

Old 02-24-2020, 01:04 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,709,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
This is why arguing with this poster is futile. She thinks this kind of stupidity is a valid argument for forcing women to give birth against their will. It's a waste of time even responding to her. She will simply repeat stupid things like this and pretend it makes sense.

She wants all pregnant women to be forced to give birth, no matter what. And she thinks SHE should be the one to decide what every OTHER woman should be allowed to do with their bodies.

Save your sanity and stop trying to speak reason to someone who is not capable of it. People like this are best ignored.

Great advice.

Old 02-24-2020, 02:27 PM

19,709 posts, read 20,240,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
18 year commitment is not a mere inconvenience
An inconvenience is an inconvenience, regardless of the reason.

Like I said back pages ago, I don't think you're a horrible person for having an abortion. Nor any of the others here who have bravely chosen to share that information. That's deeply personal, and I can only imagine how painful & traumatizing that is, having lost a baby myself to a ruptured ectopic pregnancy. I still mourn that loss, ya know. That was a life inside of me and it was my baby... He even had a name.

:sigh:

Abortion is always gonna be there, it will always be an option for women. I don't see that changing anytime soon.

I think women back in the day took it much more seriously than people do today. I know women and men really struggle with these decisions.... But I think the more we shrug it off, like a clump of cells don't matter, then these kids are going to grow up with a real disregard for life inside the womb, and they're not going to be too concerned with safe sex practices if abortion is presented to be like this totally normal thing everyone is doing..

What's the answer... Idk

Old 02-24-2020, 02:29 PM

6,471 posts, read 6,676,653 times
Quote:

You're right. The lack of logic, the exaggerations, self-righteousness, deflections, everything goes so far beyond anything I have ever encountered with another human that I have seriously wondered if she is a Russian troll or something, just trying to make each post more outlandish than the last. Yet she seems (or pretends) to think she is making valid points. As Yul Brynner famously said, "Tis a puzzlement."

Old 02-24-2020, 02:30 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,871,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
An inconvenience is an inconvenience, regardless of the reason.

Like I said back pages ago, I don't think you're a horrible person for having an abortion. Nor any of the others here who have bravely chosen to share that information. That's deeply personal, and I can only imagine how painful & traumatizing that is, having lost a baby myself to a ruptured ectopic pregnancy. I still mourn that loss, ya know. That was a life inside of me and it was my baby... He even had a name.

:sigh:

Abortion is always gonna be there, it will always be an option for women. I don't see that changing anytime soon.

I think women back in the day took it much more seriously than people do today. I know women and men really struggle with these decisions.... But I think the more we shrug it off, like a clump of cells don't matter, then these kids are going to grow up with a real disregard for life inside the womb, and they're not going to be too concerned with safe sex practices if abortion is presented to be like this totally normal thing everyone is doing..

What's the answer... Idk
The answer is to allow every woman to make this difficult and potentially life-changing decision based on what is best for them at that moment in their lives. And to stay out of that decision if you are not the one who is pregnant.

It's actually as simple as that.

Old 02-24-2020, 02:39 PM

34,230 posts, read 18,575,619 times
Quote:
The answer is to allow every woman to make this difficult and potentially life-changing decision based on what is best for them at that moment in their lives. And to stay out of that decision if you are not the one who is pregnant.

It's actually as simple as that.

And the murdered children killed purely for their inconvenience is not life changing? It certainly changed their lives.

Old 02-24-2020, 02:55 PM

19,804 posts, read 9,357,559 times
One thing I have learned is that the "abortion for any reason at any time" people and the "no abortion at any time for any reason" people are NEVER going to agree. It is like they are on opposite sides of the same brick wall and they both continue to bang their heads against it, hoping that they will break through. It ain't gonna happen!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies