Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2020, 05:20 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,392,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
That's the Biden spin on it. Just like how Trump said he wanted to investigate Biden because of the premise that the commander in chief needs to investigate this. However, Democrats claimed it was for his personal benefit. How's that different than what Joe Biden did? Under an 'official' umbrella do something that personally helps him [his family?]
And all the governments of the EU, the leadership of WorldBank AND the leadership of the International Monetary Fund? How do you explain ALL of them wanting Shokin gone in addition to the Obama Administration?

Quote:
See above - Trump got IMPEACHED for a similar situation.

As far as the crime aspect is concerned, there hasn't been a serious investigation in the Biden's regarding Hunter so we can't comment if that's true.
Similar in that it involved the Ukraine and monetary aid. That's where the similarities end.

You've got it backward, you need probable cause for an investigation - you don't have an investigation to see if there is probable cause. The Ukraine has announced, publicly, multiple times, that Hunter was never under investigation and that they see no evidence of any wrongdoing by Hunter while at Burisma. If the DoJ feels they have PC to investigate Hunter(or Joe, for that matter), why haven't they done so, yet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2020, 02:26 PM
exm

3,723 posts, read 1,783,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
And all the governments of the EU, the leadership of WorldBank AND the leadership of the International Monetary Fund? How do you explain ALL of them wanting Shokin gone in addition to the Obama Administration?

Similar in that it involved the Ukraine and monetary aid. That's where the similarities end.

You've got it backward, you need probable cause for an investigation - you don't have an investigation to see if there is probable cause. The Ukraine has announced, publicly, multiple times, that Hunter was never under investigation and that they see no evidence of any wrongdoing by Hunter while at Burisma. If the DoJ feels they have PC to investigate Hunter(or Joe, for that matter), why haven't they done so, yet?

You mean how the Dems are digging for dirt on Trump?

Old 02-09-2020, 03:33 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,245,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
https://www.wsj.com/video/opinion-jo...3CA0E81D8.html

Looking back in time...Barisma was known as a corrupt company. Multiple investigations around the world were turning towards them. Great Britain had seized their assets. The company owner left the country. About that time Obama's VP, Joe Biden becomes the "point man" on Ukraine policy. And shortly after, his son, recently kicked out of the Navy for drug use, in trouble for not paying his divorce settlement, and a known customer of prostitutes gets a million dollar a year job with Barisma. All with zero experience in the oil and gas industry. Ukraine is investigating Burisma....and Joe, in his own words (see video in link above) brag of blackmailing them with US taxpayer dollars into firing the prosecutor in charge of investigation into Barisma. And (Son of a B!) they fire the prosecutor.

The story the Dems like to tell is that the prosecutor Shokin wasn't "tough enough" on corruption and that is why Biden blackmailed Ukrainian leadership into firing him. My question-once he was fired-who was the tough, honest prosecutor that replaced him, what charges were brought against Barisma and who was sent to prison for corruption? I have done some degree of searching and (son of a B) haven't found a definitive answer. All I end up with is sites trying to deflect from Biden's actions.
Can you tell me what other European counties were involved in having the prosecutor removed?

Old 02-09-2020, 03:43 PM

Looks to me Ukraine's at Burisma might have considered Hunter as a watchdog.

Old 02-09-2020, 04:36 PM

SEEMS HE HAS AS TRIED TO BE A PRODUCTIVE MEMBER OF SOCIETY.

Hunter Biden:
Biden spent decades struggling with alcohol and drug addiction. He said, "There's addiction in every family. I was in that darkness. I was in that tunnel—it's a never-ending tunnel. You don't get rid of it. You figure out how to deal with it

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hunter_Biden

Old 02-10-2020, 05:07 AM

7,473 posts, read 4,020,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Like I said, I'm not giving them the traffic. If you want to quote or cite the book, go for it. If not...
to try and convince the unconvinceable? its not worth the effort...……..

Old 02-10-2020, 05:16 AM

89,061 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Can you tell me what other European counties were involved in having the prosecutor removed?
Yes, I, too, would like to know which elected officials from other countries threatened to withhold aid to Ukraine if they didn't fire their prosecutor. To Biden defenders: Name them, and provide proof.

Old 02-10-2020, 05:48 AM

Quote:
You mean how the Dems are digging for dirt on Trump?
Congress is not constrained in the same way that the DoJ is. I assumed we all understood that.

Further, Hunter is not the POTUS, he's a private citizen.

So, your comparison is awful on both fronts.

Old 02-10-2020, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
to try and convince the unconvinceable? its not worth the effort...……..
I'm completely convinceable. All you need to do is demonstrate even a tiny sliver of evidence.

Old 02-10-2020, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
https://www.ft.com/content/e1454ace-...3-db5a370481bc

https://www.rferl.org/a/why-was-ukra.../30181445.html

https://www.ecfr.eu/publications/sum...transformation

https://www.wsj.com/articles/bidens-...ry-11569189782

https://theintercept.com/2019/09/22/...biden-ukraine/

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...ower-complaint
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies