Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2020, 10:29 PM

3,749 posts, read 1,445,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
The reason why blacks still vote Democratic is because the Republican Party really is filled with anti-black racists who, unlike the spongy racism of Democrats (who simply don't do anything for us), are actually out to get us and consistently work against us.

That's not merely a perception. It's a fact of US society still being under the control of the last generation that was actually raised in racial apartheid. The Boomer generation will be affected by the childhood inculcation of segregation for the rest of our lives.

I, too, expect that to fade among younger millennials and Gen Z only because by the time the millennial generation is fully in power, Boomers will be dead.
My best bet is for the American black to request to have to their own sovereign nation. You don't have to worry about white supremacy, whitie, democrats and Republicans.

Old 02-25-2020, 10:32 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,119,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmarkblue View Post
My best bet is for the American black to request to have to their own sovereign nation. You don't have to worry about white supremacy, whitie, democrats and Republicans.
They will never request that. As much as you will hear "whitey is keeping us down" rhetoric from Blacks, they know the truth and the truth is they're basically freeriding in a country and economy they could never create with their own might.

That's why they keep running into our neighborhoods, and we keep running away from them.

Old 02-26-2020, 04:11 AM

10,219 posts, read 15,939,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
And Republicans don't seem to care much for Blacks at all. In my opinion, it seems like both parties aren't all that good for Black Americans, at this point in time. This is why I am wary of persons who come up with threads like "Blacks love Trump" or "Blacks are ungrateful to Trump" or "why do Blacks vote Democrat so much",etc. Trump won with very little help from Blacks, so why do some Trump supporters care who Blacks support?
I still don't get why people like you obsess over being a separate "black community" with different and conflicting interests to America as a whole. I myself am a person of color, but I don't see myself in terms of being part of a racially based voting bloc, when candidates appeal to Americans in general they are appealing to me.

Old 02-26-2020, 05:25 AM

28,681 posts, read 18,806,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmarkblue View Post

We did that in the 60s. Asked for Georgia. Didn't get it.

Old 02-26-2020, 06:08 AM

59,111 posts, read 27,349,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorafan5687 View Post
So I've got your attention with the title of the thread. Good. This is something to think about. This was the party we gravitated to towards the past, until the 1960s. Perhaps we could fix what was broken in this party which resulted in the massive flee.

This could also apply to registering for other mainstream parties.

If we got more of us flooding OTHER parties we could be of more influence at some point. I think the focus should be about way more than simply "having a seat at the table." I'd like to see more of us running for political positions in both parties. Specifically more CENTER left and CENTER right. I don't think that either extreme side is a good thing. The far left and far right are actually pretty similar if you think about it. They both play the race card, they both use identify politics, they both lack empathy for those who disagree at all with them. Both extremes lack any compassion for those who they deem not to be up to their standards.

Changing the climate of both of the mainstream parties would actually be of a great advantage to us in the sense that we could see that we are not at the bottom of the list. The influence could start at the local government and work it's way up to the federal level.

I'm not telling anyone to just go run and register with any particular party, however this is something to think about and would make for an interesting dialogue.

What do you think? Should we be focused on changing the climate of each party and ideology or focus on forming separate political parties that mimic the current ones? Should we just put all of our energy into a third party or register as Independents? Also, why do you think that moderation/centrism seems to be virtually non-existent today?

In the event that the action suggested above is taken, what issues do you think should be priority?

Why Did Black Voters Flee The Republican Party In The 1960s?

SONNIE JOHNSON INTERVIEW WITH KAREN HUNTER

TEZLYN FIGARO-BREAKFAST CLUB INTERVIEW ON SUPPORTING THE INDEPENDENT PARTY
There are MORE black republicans then the left, which includes the media, and many black "hustlers" will admit.

Old 02-26-2020, 10:51 AM

73,048 posts, read 62,657,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
I wish a Republican presidential candidate would arise to empower all blacks, reminding them that they have all they need to succeed (while endorsing anti-discrimination court actions): talent, intellect, free markets, incredible innovation, unlimited curiosity, free speech, unlimited horizons...

This positive message is profoundly lacking on the airwaves and internet.
This could happen on a local level, depending on what state it is. However, on a national level, I don't see this happening, even if said GOP candidate wanted to. It's very difficult to appeal to Black Americans and the GOP base all at once. There are those who will look at truly appealing to Black Americans as "pandering to Blacks". There are those who would resent someone acknowledging that discrimination is still a big problem in America.

Old 02-26-2020, 11:02 AM

13,651 posts, read 20,788,575 times
This came up at lunch the other day. Black colleague of mine stated he hated Black Republicans because they were all "Toms."

Went on to say that he loathed Clarence Thomas because "he voted against the Civil Rights Act.

I informed him that Thomas was all of 15 when the Civil Rights Act was passed and was in no position to vote for or against it as he has never held elected office. He rolled his eyes and shook his head.

Oh well.

Old 02-26-2020, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
They will never request that. As much as you will hear "whitey is keeping us down" rhetoric from Blacks, they know the truth and the truth is they're basically freeriding in a country and economy they could never create with their own might.

That's why they keep running into our neighborhoods, and we keep running away from them.
Thank you for admitting your disdain for Black Americans. Thank you for showing me that you have a resentment towards Black Americans as a whole. Now I know how to deal with you. Now I can tell you how I feel.

You see Black Americans as freeloaders in this country. Too freaking bad. Black Americans are citizens of this country, and there is noting you can do about it. If that bothers you, go find another country to live in. Black Americans didn't even choose to come here. My ancestors and the ancestors of Black Americans were brought to this country by force, under duress. They had no say in coming here. They weren't even classified as human beings, but as property, the same as cattle. And don't give me that "they sold their own people into bondage" crap. If you really think there is no difference between a Fulani vs an Akan vs Yoruba, then that shows the intelligence level that you're operating from, which isn't very high. Tribes who defeated other tribes took captives. There was no "selling their own people" as the persons were selling people from ethnic groups not their own.

Black people who came here came under duress. They were forcefully brought here (those that survived) for one reason and one reason only: To be slaves. This is why the South was so adamant about secession. They wanted to keep slaves. Slavery was their economy and their social way of doing things. Once slavery ended, Black Americans were made citizens of this country, but they were not treated like citizens. They were treated in such a way as to basically shut them out from the rest of America. Why? No one had any plans to make Black Americans part of this country. This is how I see it. Given that Black Americans helped build the wealth in this country while not benefiting from it, they fought in wars on behalf of the USA, all the while being treated like 2nd class citizens, I say Blacks were owed citizenship in this country. And here is a little secret. Most Blacks are not talking about forming their own country. It's mostly these fringe groups talking about it. If you think those fringe groups are representative of all of Black America, then that shows the low level of intelligence you're operating at.

Here is the thing. Black people are going to keep going wherever they want to go. You can keep on running, but this is a free country. Sundown towns are ruled unconstitutional. You can't say "no Blacks allowed in this town anymore". You'll get taken to court and sued blind. And I'm glad it's like that. I'm glad force is being used. I don't care that you don't like it. This is the new America. The only way you can keep Black people away is through means that would land you in prison or broke. And I'm glad it's that way.

Old 02-26-2020, 11:14 AM

13,966 posts, read 5,632,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
They don't realize that Republicans in office at every level are working to make sure they "stay away" and never get to vote again.
And how are they doing that exactly? Give a specific example please, where Republicans are "working to make sure they 'stay away' and never get to vote again."

Old 02-26-2020, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
I still don't get why people like you obsess over being a separate "black community" with different and conflicting interests to America as a whole. I myself am a person of color, but I don't see myself in terms of being part of a racially based voting bloc, when candidates appeal to Americans in general they are appealing to me.
I would expect a smarmy remark from you. I'll just be blunt. Black Americans are looked down on and treted worse than anyone else, aside from Native Americans. We have to deal with more than other groups do. Of course I wouldn't expect you to understand or care. When stop and frisk gets implemented, it will be Black people who get targeted by it more than anyone else. See New York City for an example. There are individuals who admit that police officers tend to be more jumpy around Black men, and have a reason to be. And there are individuals who would prefer to hire individuals of other races, but not Blacks. Job discrimination still affects Blacks more than other groups. One person on this thread admitted that if Blacks move to his neighborhood, he's leaving. I obsess because I have to look out for myself. If I don't look out for me, who else will?

Even better, why does anyone care who Blacks vote for, as if who Blacks vote for will hurt everyone else?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies