Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2020, 10:12 AM

11,988 posts, read 5,295,922 times

Advertisements

I thought that he had prostate cancer, but it sounds like it spread to his brain.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.was...tputType%3Damp

Old 02-25-2020, 10:21 AM

24,417 posts, read 23,076,143 times
That was the topic on the Urban Sirius channel this morning. The dimwit Joe Madison had a guest on that was blaming Trump for the sell off of the DOW because Trump was downplaying the severity of the coronavirus. So they blamed him for the panic when he was actually trying to prevent one. Nice bunch of cretins there.
They tried to make a panic over Ebola, over that mosquito virus in Puerto Rico, over Measels and Mumps and blamed the un vaccinated even when it was illegals carrying the illnesses that caused it in the first place.
So we have fake news so why not fake flus? Its the MSM, always double check what they and the government say by turning to the internet for verification.

Old 02-25-2020, 10:30 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,203,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
I thought that he had prostate cancer, but it sounds like it spread to his brain.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.was...tputType%3Damp
Just putting this out there for info.

Overhyped Coronavirus Weaponized Against Trump

The survival rate of this is 98%! You have to read very deeply to find that number, that 2% of the people get the coronavirus die. That’s less than the flu, folks.

His point is that it's overhyped when basically it's the flu.

Not saying I agree or disagree - just putting his statement into context.

Old 02-25-2020, 10:33 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post

The survival rate of this is 98%! You have to read very deeply to find that number, that 2% of the people get the coronavirus die. That’s less than the flu, folks.

I think that the criticism is that he thinks it is all about Trump.

It isn't.

It's once more hyping Trump as a victim of some kind of attack when it really isn't about that...sure fringe folks are playing that game -- but that means nothing. They do it to all the Presidents.

Old 02-25-2020, 10:33 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,834,440 times
Quote:
Only problem with that statement is the minor issue of it being completely untrue.

A 2% mortality rate is more than an order of magnitude more deadly than the flu. So not only is that statement wrong, its wrong by a factor of more than 10x.

So basically what I have learned from your post is that by listening to Rush, you have actually become less informed than you would have been if you had done no research on the topic at all.

Interesting.

Last edited by zzzSnorlax; 02-25-2020 at 10:53 AM..

Old 02-25-2020, 10:37 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,815,064 times
Quote:

Actually 2% is much higher than the flu.

So while this isn't the black plague, it's definitely a much bigger deal than a common cold or the flu.

Old 02-25-2020, 10:41 AM

7,814 posts, read 6,393,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Actually 2% is much higher than the flu.

So while this isn't the black plague, it's definitely a much bigger deal than a common cold or the flu.
We don’t know what it is, besides what China tells us it is. They’re clearly playing games with the numbers. We’re about to find out, though.

We do know that every picture coming out of China looks like an outbreak movie and they’re welding some people in their homes and kidnapping others and throwing them in quarantine.

Old 02-25-2020, 10:51 AM

46,963 posts, read 26,005,972 times
Quote:
His point is a big fat lie, then. Flu in the US has a mortality rate of 0.095%. He's off by a factor of 20.

Can we just get this into perspective? Humanity is facing a serious health threat, and this agitator decides to out-and-out lie to his audience to score some political points. People who listen to him are now less informed. And he's helping to form the worldview of millions.

Some people, when facing serious illness, take some time to evaluate what they've don with their life. This oxygen thief appears determined to lie and deceive right until his dying breath.

Old 02-25-2020, 10:52 AM

3,071 posts, read 3,226,030 times
While Trump is not my vote, I would say that this claim is highly unlikely.

Old 02-25-2020, 10:58 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
We don’t know what it is, besides what China tells us it is. They’re clearly playing games with the numbers. We’re about to find out, though.

We do know that every picture coming out of China looks like an outbreak movie and they’re welding some people in their homes and kidnapping others and throwing them in quarantine.
I'll play your game.

So WHO officials have been in China for at least a month -- probably longer. They have gathered information as they needed and tried to help the Chinese govt. contain the virus.

Folks have LEFT China and are being treated all over the world....testing is being done ALL OVER THE WORLD.

And not one world leader, health official...even our President has suggested that China is playing games.......

You don't think that if Trump was even suggested a little that China is not being forthcoming he wouldn't use that ....he's not one to keep quiet.

Y'all make up stuff ........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.