Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2020, 01:01 PM

2,306 posts, read 1,704,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
China has quarantined whole provinces of 10s of millions of people. Entire countries are banning planes to and out of China - one of the world's largest economies. This thing, whether it's dangerous or not, will cause a huge recession. I was quite surprised to see how slow our stock market reacted to the news.

I am wondering about that too. The economy goes in cycles and we are overdue for a downswing. This might just be the tipping point. I am just saying it wasn't something manufactured conspiracy to take down President Trump.

Old 02-25-2020, 01:05 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,572,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Here we go again with experts (CDC, WHO) saying COVID-19 is seriouis and it is inevitabe that it will spread to and around the US and Trump and the GOP and all the useful idiots that encompasses deny the science and put out false information and rank speculation. Fact is if you have diabetes, smoke, heart disease, and/or are over 60 there is a decent chance you won't be around to vote this fall.
no one from the cdc or who is saying it's inevitable that it will spread to and around the US.

but it probably will.

Old 02-25-2020, 01:15 PM

9,422 posts, read 11,173,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
The discussion about the corona virus and the flu is one thing, but what in the world does it have to do with some plot to take out Donald Trump???

For a public figure like Limbaugh to downplay the seriousness of the epidemic is one thing, since he lacks the medical background to intelligently comment on the subject, but to somehow weave politics into it and blame it on an anti-Trump plot is down in the gutter at an Infowars lever.

The man is either a publicity wh*re who will say any lie for attention and ratings or he’s certifiably insane.
Because the left, aka the CPUSA, weaponizes EVERYTHING and will blame Trump for everything including gravity, friction, and dark nights, and give Trump no credit for anything.

The MSM do not report facts, they report emotional/hysterical agitprop, and most of their purveyors know very little outside of their little worlds. If you enjoy NPR, stay with NPR.

The economy is roaring, the market is way up, employment is up, incomes are up, optimism is up, our military which was decimated under zero (and burned out by W, and before that whittled down under Clinton and "Peace Dividend" Poopy Bush) has been rebuilt, if Hillary were POTUS they'd be singing her praises to high heaven, rolling on the floor foaming at the mouth extolling her magnificent brilliance and incredible management of the economy, her amazing way with world leaders.

The agitprop left is already blaming Trump for being asleep at the switch regarding corona virus. Yet we in the US have been on top of this, unlike Red China whose policy is deny deny deny, and punish the docs who tried to give a heads-up early on.

Today, right now, there are 57 cases reported in the USA. We have miles to go before epidemic or pandemic territory is reached. Miles to go.

Old 02-25-2020, 01:20 PM

16,092 posts, read 10,757,764 times
Rush should catch it and then report back on what it is. If he can. He better hurry.

Old 02-26-2020, 04:55 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,333,584 times
Default Trump says coronavirus 'under control' in US, problem going to 'go away', while CDC warns Americans to prepare

Gaslighter in chief is at it again. Supposedly throwing major tantrums in the oval office as well with the Dow have its worse two day stretch on history. Maybe he'll fire the head of the CDC now for not sticking with alternative facts

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trum...ry?id=69198905

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/co...nty-2020-02-25

This may be the black swan that finally does Trump in:
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...-economy-11727

Old 02-26-2020, 05:05 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Trumps ignorance and recklessness is going to get people killed.

Old 02-26-2020, 05:13 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,847,072 times
I just go by what the MSM headlines say. If they are sensationalizing it, I know it's bogus. If they are making light of it, I will then know it's bad.

Old 02-26-2020, 05:26 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Default Trump Has Sabotaged America’s Coronavirus Response

Why would he do such foolish thing? The answer is awkwardly simple: because it was created by Obama, and everything created by Obama must be destroyed.

Trump Has Sabotaged America’s Coronavirus Response

As it improvises its way through a public health crisis, the United States has never been less prepared for a pandemic.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/01/31...ency-response/

For the United States, the answers are especially worrying because the government has intentionally rendered itself incapable. In 2018, the Trump administration fired the government’s entire pandemic response chain of command, including the White House management infrastructure. In numerous phone calls and emails with key agencies across the U.S. government, the only consistent response I encountered was distressed confusion.

If the United States still has a clear chain of command for pandemic response, the White House urgently needs to clarify what it is—not just for the public but for the government itself, which largely finds itself in the dark.

Old 02-26-2020, 05:29 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,333,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
I just go by what the MSM headlines say. If they are sensationalizing it, I know it's bogus. If they are making light of it, I will then know it's bad.
Whatever Trump tells you, right? Nothing to see here...

Old 02-26-2020, 05:33 AM

45,232 posts, read 26,457,645 times
Hehehe and people want govt to takeover the rest of their health care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies