Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2020, 10:35 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,758,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
https://nypost.com/2020/02/25/woman-...le-court-docs/

It seems like this story gets less attention than ones where a white woman called the police to snitch on black folks having a barbecue in a park.
Likely many folk are a tad more interested in the 10-12% loss of value in their 401k, than a local hate crime.

This idiot is not the face of her race.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2020, 12:33 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,432,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Likely many folk are a tad more interested in the 10-12% loss of value in their 401k, than a local hate crime.

This idiot is not the face of her race.
Likely the media has a narrative that they adhere to, hence the differing attention paid to stories involving racial conflict. If the races had been reversed here, even if the physical violence was gone and only insults were thrown, the media, mainstream and social would be screeching to the skies.

"Barbecue Becky" is the greater sinner in the Current Year.

Old 02-28-2020, 01:01 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,373,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
^^^ Worthless comment.
Quote:
Edgy and woke.
Cultural conservatives need to move on when it comes to expecting the MSM to be fair/honest/remotely resembling true journalism.

I don't know how to quantify media coverage of events but the name of the game is moving units.

Quote:
You furnish the pictures and I’ll furnish the war.
- William Hearst

Old 02-28-2020, 01:11 PM

1,161 posts, read 435,486 times
Quote:
https://nypost.com/2020/02/25/woman-...le-court-docs/

It seems like this story gets less attention than ones where a white woman called the police to snitch on black folks having a barbecue in a park.

Meanwhile, a simple google search brings up links to NYPost, DailyMail, NYTimes, Newstribune, Oregon Live....

Old 02-28-2020, 01:16 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,373,891 times
Quote:
Likely the media has a narrative that they adhere to, hence the differing attention paid to stories involving racial conflict. If the races had been reversed here, even if the physical violence was gone and only insults were thrown, the media, mainstream and social would be screeching to the skies.

"Barbecue Becky" is the greater sinner in the Current Year.
The NY Post picked up the incident in which that "thing" punched a stranger...nearly 3K miles away in Portland.

That's actually quite impressive.

Another poster mentioned the black-on-Jew violence in NYC. It took several high-profiled cases (complete with video) for even the local media to really pay attention there because that has been an ongoing problem for years. I'd be more upset with the fact that NYPD was pretty complacent this whole time. They "beefed up" patrols of some Jewish areas, especially in Brooklyn, as a response but only after the high-profiled incidents went down. That's not exactly a response most folks would like especially with the NYPD's long reputation of being an overbearing institution.

You'll definitely get a high percentage of liberal narrative from the MSM. No question about it. Don't discount a little "niche" reporting like we see here with the black on white assault in response to that though.

A complete psycho assaulting someone on public transportation is daily life in most large (especially liberal cities...which is redundant I know). I still remember the day as a kid my friend and I (I'm mostly black with the phenotype to match, he's white) sat through a public bus ride in which a black guy was ranting and raving about how "the white man was responsible for the buses being late and cramped" among other things.

When he exited, my friend and I just looked at each other and cracked up. No need to report it. No Tik Tok back then either which is another factor in these cases. Barbecue Becky had a lot of video to help move units.

Again, cultural conservatives need to write off the MSM. You'll get a little niche reporting as part of a response to the overall liberal MSM but other than that, and if there isn't juicy video, don't expect much.

Old 02-28-2020, 01:48 PM

3,976 posts, read 1,992,378 times
Another day in Portland, another mentally ill person does something wacky and violent.

Nothing to see here.

Old 02-28-2020, 02:28 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I was about as neutural as I could have been toward that woman. I could have went off on her, I chose to say that she can think what she likes toward white people but to keep her hands to herself and you drop that silly eye rollies on me like I said something nasty and hostile toward her, give me a break dude. You post the most vitriolic mean spirited hostility laced stuff all day long.
Yep. I sure do. It just comes pouring out.

Again, you really think she hates white people? Sounds more to me like she’s a nut.

Last edited by desertdetroiter; 02-28-2020 at 02:42 PM..

Old 02-28-2020, 02:28 PM

698 posts, read 234,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
She is black and female. She will have charges dismissed.
Yea, cause black people never go to jail.

Old 02-28-2020, 02:57 PM

52,285 posts, read 52,713,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yep. I sure do. It just comes pouring out.

Again, you really think she hates white people? Sounds more to me like she’s a nut.
The bolded reminds me of that CNN debates where they ask Sanders about the comments he supposedly made to Warren about a how a woman can win the presidency and after he denies saying that they turn to Warren and ask, so, when Sanders said that a woman can't win the presidency how did it make you feel......

She can think whatever she wants, just don't hit people, doesn't mean I think she hates white people.

What part of that do you not get here???

She may be a nutter or she might not like white people, I don't give a toss really. It's why I said she can think whatever she wants.

Old 02-28-2020, 02:57 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,432,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollsRoyce1 View Post
Meanwhile, a simple google search brings up links to NYPost, DailyMail, NYTimes, Newstribune, Oregon Live....
I didn't say it wasn't reported, but the attention and outrage are definitely milder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies