Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2020, 06:16 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,229,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
To all the people accusing me of TDS, or of complaining, I'm neither. I'm just pointing out that people here on CD always talk about how Trump has these huge rallies, and here he is having to use paid adds to fill a 65 year-old, 8600 seat arena in a metro area of 2 million.
this isn't how Facebook ads work.

He's taken out an ad for X days for an X geographic area. He may even be targeting some interest of yours; I don't use FB much but I haven't seen the ads. I have no idea whether all the tickets are gone or not, but the ad is obviously still generating buzz . - after all, you started a topic on it

Old 02-28-2020, 06:18 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,221,262 times
If the CV-19 Virus kicks in, nobody will want to go to any mass gathering anywhere.

Old 02-28-2020, 06:38 AM

2,695 posts, read 3,403,269 times
Quote:
I keep getting paid/sponsored adds in my Facebook feed for the Trump Rally in Charlotte. I find it odd, because I don't follow any of his stuff, so I started following the trail, and they are paid/sponsored adds.

Out of curiosity, I clicked through, because I knew Charlotte has a huge Stadium (Bank of America Stadium, where the Panthers played), so I was really curious how full it would be. Even to fill 75k seats in a metro area of over 2M is not a huge deal, so I was a little curious why they were having so much trouble, considering all the people that tell us that he's going to win because he fills the biggest stadiums.

Well surprise surprise, he's not going to BoA stadium.
He's not even going to the Downtown Coliseum, where the NBA Hornets play (I think like 18k capacity)

Nope, he's holding his rally at Bojangle's arena. Capacity is 8600, and he's been spending money left and right because (apparently) the FREE tickets are not selling.

It's just another example of how what Trump and his base say, does not equate to reality.

This guy, according to himself, should have BoA stadium full, with an overflow crowd at the Hornets arena. NOPE!
I know this small arena well , saw Springsteen there years ago ,but I bet a certain kitty
already have his ticket

Old 02-28-2020, 06:43 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,797,202 times
Quote:
To all the people accusing me of TDS, or of complaining, I'm neither. I'm just pointing out that people here on CD always talk about how Trump has these huge rallies, and here he is having to use paid adds to fill a 65 year-old, 8600 seat arena in a metro area of 2 million.

I really don't care, other than to point out that these people seem to be pushing a narritive, and I've seen evidence that it's only that. Agree with me, don't agree with me, it's all good.

As far as whoever said it's primary season: Trump has been campaigning since day-1. No other POTUS has held rallies like he has in modern times. (the rest of them were too busy doing their job)

And FWIW, I'm on record multiple times here on CD stating that I think he'll "probably" get reelected, so there's that.

Funny coincidence. I saw the Grateful Dead IN THIS ARENA in 1984. Unlike Trump, they filled sold out the place. hahahahahaha
He does have huge rallies, but of course he isn't going to fill a football stadium. I am not sure if even you know what you are saying and why? Lets see how many do show up. then we can have something to talk about.

Old 02-28-2020, 06:46 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,848,849 times
Maybe the reason you are being diagnosed as having TDS is because you start a thread about something you "don't care" about, trying to convince anyone that President Trump has problems drawing massive crowds.

That is a common symptom.

Old 02-28-2020, 06:52 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,654,666 times
Quote:
Out of curiosity, I clicked through, because I knew Charlotte has a huge Stadium (Bank of America Stadium, where the Panthers played), so I was really curious how full it would be. Even to fill 75k seats in a metro area of over 2M is not a huge deal, .....
HAW.

Obama couldn't fill it at his own convention in 2012

Obama was scheduled to give his acceptance speech in this 75,000 venue. They couldn't come close to filling it and they were begging people locally to go down there to make a showing. Obama couldn't fill it even with every Democrat politician in the USA in Charlotte and this was one of the bluest areas of the state.

So they canceled it, blamed it on fear of thunderstorms, and moved it to Spectrum Arena. And even then Obama had trouble filling it. So according to you Obama was a YUGE disappointment with his base, AT HIS ON CONVENTION. Remember it's your standard. What say you about that?

<crickets>

Last edited by WaldoKitty; 02-28-2020 at 07:03 AM..

Old 02-28-2020, 07:02 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,654,666 times
Trump decides to hold a rally right in the middle of one of the Bluest parts of North Carolina, D12. This is Alma Adams district and one infamously gerrymandered to insure that only a Black person can win it by order of the courts.

I find it remarkable that Trump is going there for a rally. If he fills that Coliseum it's very very bad news for the Democrats.

(these trump haters. they always fail)

Old 02-28-2020, 07:10 AM

8,343 posts, read 2,970,216 times
Nominated for TDS thread of the week. You’re welcome.

Old 02-28-2020, 07:15 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,310,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
HAW.

Obama couldn't fill it at his own convention in 2012

Obama was scheduled to give his acceptance speech in this 75,000 venue. They couldn't come close to filling it and they were begging people locally to go down there to make a showing. Obama couldn't fill it even with every Democrat politician in the USA in Charlotte and this was one of the bluest areas of the state.

So they canceled it, blamed it on fear of thunderstorms, and moved it to Spectrum Arena. And even then Obama had trouble filling it. So according to you Obama was a YUGE disappointment with his base, AT HIS ON CONVENTION. Remember it's your standard. What say you about that?

<crickets>
They cancelled it due to weather. Any other reasons given are just speculation. (And they packed Spectrum arena, 2.5 times the size of Bojangles)

But I do agree, part of this is just creating hype, and that there will be lines out the door when it's said and done.

A big part of my point is that the reason there will be lines is because he picked a small venue. He's more concerned about the appearance of people wanting to get in than he is about actually getting them in, else he would have chosen several of the bigger venues in Charlotte.

Heck WK, the way you describe demand for his rallies, he should have been able to fill Charlotte Motor Speedway and had a wait-list.

Anyway, I really didn't expect a lot of response. I just thought it was funny that he chose a 65 year-old, outdated, very small venue, when he had so many other options. I'm sure he'll get the photo-opt he wants, and I'm sure people like you will use that as evidence that he's more popular than the "lying media" wants us to believe.

In the end, nothing changes. Not you, not me....

And in all sincerity, I hope you enjoy the rally. I'm sure that it will be a good time for those who want to be there. (very sincerely)

Old 02-28-2020, 07:16 AM

734 posts, read 351,929 times
Quote:
I keep getting paid/sponsored adds in my Facebook feed for the Trump Rally in Charlotte. I find it odd, because I don't follow any of his stuff, so I started following the trail, and they are paid/sponsored adds.

Out of curiosity, I clicked through, because I knew Charlotte has a huge Stadium (Bank of America Stadium, where the Panthers played), so I was really curious how full it would be. Even to fill 75k seats in a metro area of over 2M is not a huge deal, so I was a little curious why they were having so much trouble, considering all the people that tell us that he's going to win because he fills the biggest stadiums.

Well surprise surprise, he's not going to BoA stadium.
He's not even going to the Downtown Coliseum, where the NBA Hornets play (I think like 18k capacity)

Nope, he's holding his rally at Bojangle's arena. Capacity is 8600, and he's been spending money left and right because (apparently) the FREE tickets are not selling.

It's just another example of how what Trump and his base say, does not equate to reality.

This guy, according to himself, should have BoA stadium full, with an overflow crowd at the Hornets arena. NOPE!

Old JFK trick. Book the speaker into a smaller arena. The overflow crowd will make it appear that a huge number of people are dying to see him. Same was done in the music industry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies