Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2020, 05:39 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,310,427 times

Advertisements

I keep getting paid/sponsored adds in my Facebook feed for the Trump Rally in Charlotte. I find it odd, because I don't follow any of his stuff, so I started following the trail, and they are paid/sponsored adds.

Out of curiosity, I clicked through, because I knew Charlotte has a huge Stadium (Bank of America Stadium, where the Panthers played), so I was really curious how full it would be. Even to fill 75k seats in a metro area of over 2M is not a huge deal, so I was a little curious why they were having so much trouble, considering all the people that tell us that he's going to win because he fills the biggest stadiums.

Well surprise surprise, he's not going to BoA stadium.
He's not even going to the Downtown Coliseum, where the NBA Hornets play (I think like 18k capacity)

Nope, he's holding his rally at Bojangle's arena. Capacity is 8600, and he's been spending money left and right because (apparently) the FREE tickets are not selling.

It's just another example of how what Trump and his base say, does not equate to reality.

This guy, according to himself, should have BoA stadium full, with an overflow crowd at the Hornets arena. NOPE!

Old 02-28-2020, 05:45 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,035,206 times
Of course they will fill it and there will be lines.

This is part of the show. People are following the rally circuit. The loyal base with no jobs I guess (retirees).

The people in line in North Charleston SC are definitely an older crowd. I suspect today we'll see younger folks join the line.

If you don't give assigned seating and give out more tickets than you have room -- you create lines.

Old 02-28-2020, 05:47 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,602,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Of course they will fill it and there will be lines.

This is part of the show. People are following the rally circuit. The loyal base with no jobs I guess (retirees).

The people in line in North Charleston SC are definitely an older crowd. I suspect today we'll see younger folks join the line.

If you don't give assigned seating and give out more tickets than you have room -- you create lines.
Quoted for truth. Trump has what amounts to Deadheads following him. It will fill.

Old 02-28-2020, 05:54 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,867,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
I keep getting paid/sponsored adds in my Facebook feed for the Trump Rally in Charlotte. I find it odd, because I don't follow any of his stuff, so I started following the trail, and they are paid/sponsored adds.

Out of curiosity, I clicked through, because I knew Charlotte has a huge Stadium (Bank of America Stadium, where the Panthers played), so I was really curious how full it would be. Even to fill 75k seats in a metro area of over 2M is not a huge deal, so I was a little curious why they were having so much trouble, considering all the people that tell us that he's going to win because he fills the biggest stadiums.

He's not even going to the Downtown Coliseum, where the NBA Hornets play (I think like 18k capacity)

Nope, he's holding his rally at Bojangle's arena. Capacity is 8600, and he's been spending money left and right because (apparently) the FREE tickets are not selling.

It's just another example of how what Trump and his base say, does not equate to reality.

This guy, according to himself, should have BoA stadium full, with an overflow crowd at the Hornets arena. NOPE!
So you are complaining that he doesn't choose a venue of 75k people... TDS tantrum.... Trump doesn't do what you want so you think your opinion matters...liberals are really that stupid... Haters, lol..

Old 02-28-2020, 05:58 AM

989 posts, read 456,565 times
Quote:

Yes, I can't wait for the post where the OP acts like Trump is at BoA stadium, that the HUGE stadium is filled to capacity, while thousands of others line up outside. Wait for it, it's coming.

Old 02-28-2020, 05:58 AM

2,071 posts, read 2,211,733 times
Quote:
. Even to fill 75k seats in a metro area of over 2M is not a huge deal,
Really? Please provide some examples of campaigns filling football stadiums during a primary. The only example I can think of even close to that was the Democratic convention finale of 2008 when the Democrats switched to the football stadium (then Invesco Field) after they had previously planned to hold the finale at the Basketball arena (Pepsi Center?).

Biden is lucky to fill a McDonalds.

Old 02-28-2020, 06:00 AM

59,111 posts, read 27,349,464 times
Quote:

"(apparently), if maybe, could, etc. is ALL we have heard for over 3 years!

Old 02-28-2020, 06:00 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,847,983 times
Is this anything like RUSSIA COLLUSION!!!!!!!!! IMPEACH!!!! TRUMP DID IT WHATEVER IT IS!!!!!!!!!????????

The lefties' truth is buried beneath so much manure that it growing into a massive pile of sh*t for brains.

Last edited by 4dognight; 02-28-2020 at 06:15 AM..

Old 02-28-2020, 06:05 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,035,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert5 View Post
Really? Please provide some examples of campaigns filling football stadiums during a primary. The only example I can think of even close to that was the Democratic convention finale of 2008 when the Democrats switched to the football stadium (then Invesco Field) after they had previously planned to hold the finale at the Basketball arena (Pepsi Center?).
Campaigns have never campaigned to do that.

That's the thing you have to realize...all of these weekly rallies is meant to give the image that so many people love him.

And most definitely the RNC -- in some of the bigger venues -- have helped push grass root movements to get people to go to these rallies.

It is a thing now --- the lines are part of the 'show'.

It's like the reports on the statistics of who went -- of that 14K in North Charleston -- the campaign manager for Trump will report so many Democrats attending as some kind of suport that these folks have flipped.

Nahhh -- who knows if these people are Democrats for real, made up numbers or Republicans who say 'yeah I'm a Democrat flipping for Trump"...just to make it 'look' like that....lol.

But it is all about the show.

As I said before one old guy - -the first in line has been to 66 rallies. It was his first time being first in line. He plopped his tent on Monday so he could be first in line.

Does that indicate a surge in support for Trump - heck no.....lol.

Old 02-28-2020, 06:10 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,310,427 times
To all the people accusing me of TDS, or of complaining, I'm neither. I'm just pointing out that people here on CD always talk about how Trump has these huge rallies, and here he is having to use paid adds to fill a 65 year-old, 8600 seat arena in a metro area of 2 million.

I really don't care, other than to point out that these people seem to be pushing a narritive, and I've seen evidence that it's only that. Agree with me, don't agree with me, it's all good.

As far as whoever said it's primary season: Trump has been campaigning since day-1. No other POTUS has held rallies like he has in modern times. (the rest of them were too busy doing their job)

And FWIW, I'm on record multiple times here on CD stating that I think he'll "probably" get reelected, so there's that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Quoted for truth. Trump has what amounts to Deadheads following him. It will fill.
Funny coincidence. I saw the Grateful Dead IN THIS ARENA in 1984. Unlike Trump, they filled sold out the place. hahahahahaha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies