Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2020, 08:49 AM

48,531 posts, read 34,851,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Good grief.

You're on strong immune suppressors and he's sneezing in the kitchen?

Time for a serious talk about the future of your marriage. Perhaps if he agreed to sanitize the kitchen every time he "forgets," it would jog his memory.

If he declines, a discussion on whether he is trying to infect you would be in order.

I am so mad. We have a big tub in "my" bathroom, and when he returned I said he could use it (normally his bath too non quarantine), and he said he would spray down all the surfaces with bleach cleaner when he was done. Well, he didn't. Said he asked me once where the cleaner is so it's on me. I had assumed he did it and used the tub. This is the same man I have to remind multiple times for almost everything.

I don't know what his trip is right now, but I am not speaking to him, and I am just keeping away from him in part because I am mad, and in part to be safe.

This is the same guy who the night before was almost in tears because he was scared of infecting me. He had a friend whose wife died from SARs.

On the positive side, he is not sick. Just out with thousands of people, staying in a trailer with friends, and eating food cooked by a large range of people.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-11-2020, 08:49 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
I understand that but this DR was not working. He was going to a law firm with 60 employees for a personal matter. He sat across from my husband for 30 minutes without even telling him that he was possibly putting him at risk. I have already said if this DR tests positive and my family gets it I will be on the NEWS calling this DR out for his irresponsible, reckless behavior. What a loser.
Exactly! Total loser! Doctor or not!

Old 03-11-2020, 08:52 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Seems DC is on the same page that they must “ do something” to stimulate the economy and do it quickly.

Many Republicans and most Democrats do not favor a Payroll Tax freeze. It does not do anything for the self employed or those who do not have a sick time benefit and are unable to isolate. Then there’s the pesky matter of how to make up the shortfall.

If the Federal Government is into buying votes, why not an Andrew Young type Freedom Dividend, $x for everyone for x time. It’s a simple giveaway - no BS.
Just read an article about China doing that for the people. It was either linked earlier, or it was one of those instances where I followed a linked article from this thread and got caught up reading multiple articles from the site. Pretty sure it was The Daily Mail.

But you’re correct, the former does nothing for independent contractors. And there are a lot of independent contractors in this country.

mlb

4,971 posts, read 4,451,534 times
Simple Math

https://www.statnews.com/2020/03/10/...wers-covid-19/

25,575 posts, read 17,286,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
i asked my uncle if ALL doctors stay at home when they are sick, my uncle told me "no not all the time"

That is all I have to know. They are human, not God. we have to protect ourselves and start using common sense. When a person started coughing, I think we need to stay away from them (doctors or not).
Agree. Doctors can drift into denial the same as everyone else.
Besides, they feel needed at their jobs .....

Old 03-11-2020, 08:55 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,656,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
The media has totally gone nuts over this coronavirus.

They want it to be a zombie apocalypse SO SO badly. LOL

There has to be an agenda or incentive to the media giant owners, to desperately push this so hard, every single hour of every single day. It's definitely not standard journalism. The reporters and media employees are taking marching orders for sure.

Maybe a vaccine will generate some company billions and those that control things on this planet want a piece of that.
They have and it's really a bit much. It ends up working the other way and people tune it out or turn it off, not listening to maybe stuff they should, which I understand though.

Old 03-11-2020, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb View Post
Doing the math before I saw the article, I arrived at the 1 million mark at the end of April, also. See post 4811.

Those of us who will deal with it later on are in a "whole heap o' trouble". There may not be room to admit us.

Old 03-11-2020, 08:57 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Telling the truth would be helpful. So far he has done nothing but lie about CV.

Old 03-11-2020, 08:59 AM

No President has ever stopped the flu.
Trump will not stop Coronavirus.
NeverTrumpers will pile on, but they have no one to run against Trump.
Trump wins in 2020.

Old 03-11-2020, 09:00 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,586,584 times
Where is "Option 3: Trump steps back and let the experts take the lead in messaging instead of tweeting comparisons to the seasonal flu and lying to people about the availability of tests"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies