Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2020, 08:23 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,760,547 times

Advertisements

Lisanicole, that’s not self quarantine, jerks like him will keep spreading this virus around. I’ve been mentioned my husband have been self quarantined, not because we have the virus, it because we did travel and have no idea if we caught something somewhere, we could be a spreader with no symptoms, so that’s why we’ve been staying home much more than we like. I refused to shake doctor’s hand and he said I was paranoid. I now practice what Prince Charles does, namaste acknowledgment.

Old 03-11-2020, 08:25 AM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Hey look!! We are reporting again!

Couple things, it says 8K specimens, not people. Apparently multiple tests are used per person. So as reporting has been fuzzy and unclear, I'm not so sure they mean "people tested."

Also, they are not counting the private labs, so that should mean more tests are being done then they are tracking.

You would think in 2020 in a country like ours, it would not be so fuzzy and unclear. I am expecting too much?

Old 03-11-2020, 08:25 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
agreed

Emergency cash transfers are already happening in Hong Kong, where citizens have received the equivalent of $1,282, in an effort to keep both the economy and people alive. In response to a month of nationwide school closures in Japan, the government is paying out $80 per worker per day to help cover child care or the costs of staying home to parent. Other government payments could be conditional on taking sick leave—a sort of emergency national sick-leave policy, whereby your employer might simply have to verify that you did indeed miss work for two weeks.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...avirus/607759/

we should also learn to say "No!" For example, when somebody started coughing, then ask them to leave immediately, or we leave immediately. There is no justification under the sun why somebody have to sit with a coughing person for 30 minutes (LisaNicole's post)

Like I posted earlier, my friend is living with a roommate who is a 62 years old college professor. My friend is so afraid that he would bring the virus home, so last night, he had a conversation with him on how to protect each other in the same household. The professor said, "okay, I will move out." No conversation, no nothing, just a cold "Fine, I will move out."

My friend felt bad immediately and thought their friendship would be over. I told my friend over the phone, "Well, ask him when, ask him when he'd move out. if he cannot move out now, then set boundaries with him, he still cannot use the public area like the kitchen when he coughs and or when he is sick. He also needs to take his temperature and so should you. This is a person who doesn't even want to have a conversation and he is the one who doesn't value the friendship, not you. Ask him when he would move out." Political correctness doesn't solve problem.

Call me a bad person, but you have to do what you have to do.
My husband and I have a plan if either one of us gets sick. We are fortunate in that we have multiple bedrooms and baths and can easily isolate. And the plastic tarp goes up.

I am concerned about healthcare workers and first responders.

Old 03-11-2020, 08:27 AM

2,983 posts, read 1,166,554 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSIt496d82s&t=191s one of the story behind this crap!!

Old 03-11-2020, 08:28 AM

2,417 posts, read 2,988,207 times
Did it occur to anyone that maybe this pandemic is real and the media is trying to get people to take it seriously?

Old 03-11-2020, 08:28 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
My husband and I have a plan if either one of us gets sick. We are fortunate in that we have multiple bedrooms and baths and can easily isolate. And the plastic tarp goes up.

I am concerned about healthcare workers and first responders.
Yes, I am living with my fiance and we too have a plan. Our situation or living condition is similar to yours.

This is the time we should start evaluate our relationships, and get rid of the toxic co-dependent relationship in my opinion.

Makes no sense why somebody won't even start a conversation about how to protect each other in the same household!

Old 03-11-2020, 08:30 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
The corona virus is responsible for the corona virus panic.

It's a virus that needs to be taken very seriously.

You can take it seriously without wall to wall, 24/7, Chicken Little, fear mongering media coverage

Old 03-11-2020, 08:30 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,219,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I'm in a house with my husband, who felt it would be okay to go to a large, publicly event for 5 days. Because I'm on strong immune suppressors, he agreed to "quarantine" in the house. While it was a great sentiment, he "keeps forgetting", sneezes in the kitchen, 8 ft. from, without covering his mouth.

Long list of "I forgot" incidences.

Put up little post it notes "A virus never forgets"

Old 03-11-2020, 08:32 AM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
one big bottleneck that i see is the CDC recommendation (or is it a requirement? to run each test target separately, when they could (and should) be multiplexing.

We have a coronavirus task force. If this is true they should get on this and fix it

Old 03-11-2020, 08:33 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,250,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Doctor in California is reporting many of his sickest patients are under 50 with no previous health conditions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
OK. This makes more sense now. All of the 14 patients from the ski trip were in their 40s and 50s. Of those, 4 have been hospitalized, 3 in serious condition, and 1 of the 3 had underlying medical issues. This is more in line with current statistics. People in their 40s and 50s are still at risk for ARDS, it’s just that the risk goes up with age.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies