Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2020, 10:02 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,452,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
No. Its about exactly what the article you quotes says it's about. And that's to ensure there is one unified voice from the federal government on this issue
And that "unified voice" can only be Donald's, who is ignorant and will tell us whatever unscientific lies that dribble through his mind to feed his ego that he knows better than the experts.

North Korea also has this "unified voice" thing going on. You should go check it out, may be to your liking.

Old 02-28-2020, 10:02 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,390,775 times
TDS at plague levels here in CD.

Old 02-28-2020, 10:03 AM

18,449 posts, read 8,275,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
if you believe that Trump believes it will "all just go away magically", then you need to get out of your echo chamber.
Magically must be the liberal media word of the day.....all the liberal media is repeating "magically" which they made up...

“Typically, that will go away in April,” Trump said.

Old 02-28-2020, 10:08 AM

2,923 posts, read 978,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
The mortality rate of the flu is 0.1% while the known mortality rate of this virus thus far is 2%. That is a huge statistical difference.
you can get hard over it if you want but it still doesn't amount to much of a death toll. 1 person out of 1,000 instead of 20. bfd.

25,116 posts, read 16,219,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Here is what Snopes says, I am sure better source and info is there via the actual published budget.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-cut-cdc-budget/
did you even bother to read it? doesn't seem like you did.

Quote:
HHS officials said they want the CDC to focus on its core mission of preventing and controlling infectious diseases and on other emerging public health issues, such as opioid abuse.
Quote:
Although the budget reduces overall funding for global health, from $571 million to $532 million in 2021, officials carved out an extra $50 million for global health security, which are measures aimed at disease detection and emergencies.
and now we're going to spend at least $2B on this one virus.

14,267 posts, read 6,956,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
question - what could/should Trump do to both stop and cure coronavirus? Since it clearly falls on him and him alone to deal with a infection that started in Wuhan, China, I want to know what it is that he could/should do to stop this disease worldwide, right now, this minute.

What speech can he give? What money can he spend, how much, where? What power can he invoke?

I mean, I have a water drinking app on phone that has given me a 3 page summary of the virus, how to protect myself, ways I can be more resistant to it, etc. And that was free, and didn't require Trump doing anything, but apparently, that isn't enough, since clearly only the President of the United States can inform people all around the world of what to do next, and only the United States and its one single leader can possibly stop this disease in its tracks before a global pandemic kills us all.

That obvious fact makes me curious as to what he could/should be doing that will indeed stop this disease.

anyone?
Trump should be letting the science nerds from the CDC and NIH do the talking.

Old 02-28-2020, 10:09 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Anyone recall the totally inexperienced "Ebola Czar" Obama appointed?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/stevefo.../#2827edba2da6

Obama's Ebola Czar Is A Dangerous Mistake: Here Are Three Who Could Do The Job
Obama and his CZAR did exactly what was required .... ask for $6.2 BILLION dollars, receive $5.4 BILLION dollars and then use the BILLIONS as a Slush Fund. To this day, nobody knows where the money went.

https://www.kff.org/global-health-po...appropriation/

Old 02-28-2020, 10:10 AM

3,637 posts, read 1,698,703 times
We are all safe, Pence has been named to head up our efforts regarding the virus !

Old 02-28-2020, 10:12 AM

3,513 posts, read 6,377,850 times
I think that in the long run there will likely be noticeable differences in the CFR between first world nations with good medical infrastructure and war torn third world countries where there is little to no medical care available.

Based on Iran's current numbers of 388 cases and 34 deaths the CFR is close to 10% there. That is probably due to severe underreporting of actual infections rather than a much greater fatality rate in just that country.

Old 02-28-2020, 10:14 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,729,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
In that equation, yes, it would likely benefit the worlds climate to have a massive die off. An even greater benefit than a massive die off is to mitigate the effects of cattle ranching, by eating less meat or changing their feeding regimen from grain to readily available seaweed (cultivated and farmed)

There are always solutions, but people can't always profit from them.
What, I wonder is the Magic number for a climate change reset? Enough to stop mankind's impact but not enough to knock it back to the caves? 100 million or 1 billion?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies