Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2021, 09:55 AM

17,622 posts, read 17,674,997 times

Advertisements

https://nypost.com/2021/07/30/white-...d-data-report/
White House responds to NYT & Washington Post COVID tweets

Old 08-01-2021, 09:57 AM

18,802 posts, read 8,471,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
Alternate from mRNA. Why make anything that is less then "the best". Everything I have read about the more traditional vaxes either here now or in the works (Novavax) is they have fewer side effects and possibly are more durable. Oh and work better on variants, except in that one lunchtime experiment in a test tube at NYU... That you hear about EVERYWHERE!
You have to think in real time. A year ago we had no vaccines. So Trump instituted a program to push multiple vaccine developers to very quickly engage and produce as many related vaccines as possible in the shortest of time. A year ago we had no idea that the mRNAs would be the best. And they still are. The UK is now going Pfizer with their next jab because it is the best Delta vaccine. Right now. Tomorrow could possibly yield different news, and the UK might have to flip-flop.

Old 08-01-2021, 09:58 AM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
Because we care about the unvaccinated themselves, and about the rest of the nation and world.

Not sure who the we is that you are talking about. If someone is unvaccinated they can use a N95 which would probably protect them. But if they want to go unvaxxed and unmasked I am certainly not going to wear a mask for their benefit.

Old 08-01-2021, 10:01 AM

18,802 posts, read 8,471,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Not sure who the we is that you are talking about. If someone is unvaccinated they can use a N95 which would probably protect them. But if they want to go unvaxxed and unmasked I am certainly not going to wear a mask for their benefit.
The medical communities of the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable View Post
Russ Greene of Utah is fighting for his life right now in ICU in Utah. He caught Covid when 2 of his 4 kids brought it home from summer camp.

If he dies, then his 4 children will be fatherless and his wife will be a widow. The father didn't get the vaccine and regrets it now. Regardless, the father caught Covid at home after his kids brought Covid into the house. The kids fought off Covid fine, but the kids would have a very bad reaction if their father passed away.

I feel bad for the kids. If he dies they essentially killed their father. They have to carry that around the rest of their lives. It is interesting that kids can spread it like that.

7,368 posts, read 3,529,717 times
Quote:
I was in the hospital with covid back in December. Believe me you are not thinking about politics or anything at that point but survival. Whatever it takes to survive is all that matters. No one is going to choose to die just to be steadfast with their politics.

And why do you think its just liberals that want the vaccine and just conservatives are the anti vaxxers? I know lots of people who defy your stereotypes on either side.
Yes all those conservative minorities are anti-vaxxers. I know it doesn't fit your narrative but that is the reality if you look at the actual science AKA vaccination rates.

No liberals don't want the vaccine liberals want Total control and authority over people's personal health care decisions.

I got vaccinated early on, and I'm really not a right winger. But I fully support Liberty and support people's personal decisions and if someone decides to not get vaccinated it's really not my problem and society should not be locked down because of it.

Old 08-01-2021, 10:05 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,085,616 times
99.2% of Covid deaths in the United States since June 1st have been unvaccinated people.

Have any of the anti-mask/anti-vax city-data posters weighed in on that? Any opinions?

Old 08-01-2021, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
The medical communities of the world.

I get that the Hippocratic Oath and so on.

Old 08-01-2021, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
99.2% of Covid deaths in the United States since June 1st have been unvaccinated people.

Have any of the anti-mask/anti-vax city-data posters weighed in on that? Any opinions?

They seem to not believe the numbers. Or they claim that there are just as many dying of the vaccine as from covid.

Old 08-01-2021, 10:08 AM

9,511 posts, read 6,103,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
Mitigative shots, HA! I bet the term "vaccine" will be replaced with "mitigative shots" in the darkness of the night soon and everyone will claim they were never called "vaccines", ever.
"We always knew this wasn't a vaccine". "We always knew this was experimental".

Quote:
Do you not get that 60% of Americans are white? So of course close to 60% of vaccinated would also be white?
That's not how epidemiological math works. It doesn't matter if a race only made up 1% of the population; if 70% of that 1% were vaccinated, that indicates a high uptake rate for that race. It doesn't matter if Asians make up 6% of the total population; they make up 100% of the Asian population. And only 6% of 100% of Asians, have taken the vaccine.

** I stand corrected if the data was 'total pop' instead of "% of race". In which case it's pretty worthless for telling us which race has higher vaccine uptake.

Last edited by coschristi; 08-01-2021 at 10:36 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies