Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2021, 07:36 PM

18,549 posts, read 15,590,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterShipWreck View Post
No, he posted the truth. No misinformation at all
Just because it is on the internet doesn't make it true. The vaccines have not been shown to produce any sort of long-term cardiovascular issues in the event of infection by other types of coronaviruses, this is purely made up.

Old 08-11-2021, 08:12 PM

30,170 posts, read 11,803,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Posting the entire conversation so anyone can see I've answered what you've asked.

I'm sorry you're not concerned that the federal government is sending covid positive illegals to states that are already experiencing an increase in covid cases.

I have read some of the stories. Its a huge problem that the feds are letting illegals with covid do what they want unsupervised. I don't believe its the main reason covid cases are skyrocketing but certainly it does help it adds to the problem and can easily be avoided. I have not heard any on the left explain why doing this is a good idea.

Old 08-11-2021, 08:27 PM

2,916 posts, read 1,516,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
Just because it is on the internet doesn't make it true. The vaccines have not been shown to produce any sort of long-term cardiovascular issues in the event of infection by other types of coronaviruses, this is purely made up.
No, not true... But your statement is....

Not our fault you aren't paying attention.

Old 08-11-2021, 08:28 PM

2,916 posts, read 1,516,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I have read some of the stories. Its a huge problem that the feds are letting illegals with covid do what they want unsupervised. I don't believe its the main reason covid cases are skyrocketing but certainly it does help it adds to the problem and can easily be avoided. I have not heard any on the left explain why doing this is a good idea.
Yes - there has been over a million of em so far this year.

If the government REALLY was serious to stop this covid problem, that would not be happening. THEY manufactured this crisis. Notice, this problem wasn't there until someone new came into office and changed all the rules.

I don't know how anyone on this thread with a straight face can thing the leaders are taking this seriously, and in a SCIENTIFIC way. Forced vaccinations for Americans (for some - or lose their job)... Except, let's bus in 1 million people from other countries, many who are covid positive, and drop them all across the USA and not tell anyone.

How does this benefit anyone in the USA? It does not. It benefits the leaders, though.

Old 08-11-2021, 08:53 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
I can't believe some of you people think this is good enough:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkYKHYHz__g

42:55 is your starting point.

Surprisingly, media actually asked a great question. You'll notice that the answer is an appeal to unnamed authority. And that's good enough for some of you.

How about you contact your local testing center and ask them if they can test for the variant. I mean, if it's so deadly, wouldn't you want to know if you have it?

And what about the shots? Are you going to take a shot for a variant they can't even test?

I mean, they've been out there, all week long, the experts and scientists, that is, talking about this....yet...no one can answer that question.

Seriously, call up your testing center near you. Ask them.

Old 08-11-2021, 09:01 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
Define 'long term'.

They haven't even been out for a year, and you're talking about how there's no 'long term evidence'....

Do you work in media? This is exactly how they spin BS. It's not false, 'there is no long term evidence", but it's not true, either, because WE AREN'T ANYWHERE CLOSE TO LONG TERM since they started jabbing people.

Old 08-11-2021, 09:24 PM

8,502 posts, read 3,343,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post

Surprisingly, media actually asked a great question. You'll notice that the answer is an appeal to unnamed authority. And that's good enough for some of you.

How about you contact your local testing center and ask them if they can test for the variant. I mean, if it's so deadly, wouldn't you want to know if you have it?

And what about the shots? Are you going to take a shot for a variant they can't even test?

I mean, they've been out there, all week long, the experts and scientists, that is, talking about this....yet...no one can answer that question.

It was hard to hear but perhaps the reporter confused genomic sequencing with PCR-testing, similar to your above questions.

Genomic sequencing to identify the variant is done on highly specialized equipment in governmental, university, and company labs. Not the local CVS where someone may go for a PCR test.

Genomic sequencing allows for monitoring the spread of variants. That's an epidemiological issue, relevant for the community.

PCR test results are given as 'positive' or 'negative.' Those results show patient health.

Delta is more infectious not necessarily more deadly, although that is not fully determined.

For possible course of illness which, of course, a newly diagnosed person might wish to guesstimate the relevant variable outside of risk factors like age, of course, is vaccination status..

There are not separate covid shots for individual variants, which are not distinct strains but are composed of different combinations frequently of the same mutations. A variant that includes the so-called eek mutation or another escape mutation will diminish the effectiveness of the vaccination.

Old 08-11-2021, 09:29 PM

17,427 posts, read 14,650,567 times
Quote:

Personal anecdote that happened at the grocery store today:

Lady in front of me was telling the cashier that her niece and her husband both tested positive for the delta variant and they were both fully vaccinated.

Cashier: how did they know it was delta?

Lady: the lab called them and told them

Somebody is lying somewhere.

Old 08-11-2021, 09:34 PM

8,152 posts, read 3,678,584 times
Quote:

Lol, use Google, before posting.

Old 08-11-2021, 09:40 PM

8,502 posts, read 3,343,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Personal anecdote that happened at the grocery store today:

Lady in front of me was telling the cashier that her niece and her husband both tested positive for the delta variant and they were both fully vaccinated.

Cashier: how did they know it was delta?

Lady: the lab called them and told them

Somebody is lying somewhere.

Well that's s nice conclusion to jump to - for either party involved!!!.

There are some genomic sequencing centers - supposedly at universities - that ALSO set up PCR-testing for the public. Statistically, not likely that is what you overheard because the US is only sequencing a portion of its total positives. With anything a great improvement from the the 2 or 3 % last year.

So if I had to guess the niece & husband once they got the positive may have asked and been told by a local PCR testing center that it was Delta for their geographical location. (Delta is now is dominant in the United States - close to 100% in some areas.). With no separate sequencing tied to their now positive PCR test results. Unless perhaps they were demonstrating some form of unusual illness and were both flagged?

Regardless, there are two separate TYPES of measurements. . Used for different purposes. Done on separate equipment. In almost completely separate venues.

THAT's the point. The poster appeared to be conflating the two. Which then led to questions that weren't relevant.

With what you overhead an aunt talking to a cashier about what her niece said about a call she & her husband received from an unidentified 'testing' center perhaps losing something in the translation?

Certainly not contributing clarity.

Last edited by EveryLady; 08-11-2021 at 11:09 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies