Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2021, 06:44 PM

1,969 posts, read 676,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
My husband has a congenital heart condition. His cardiologist advised him not to get vaccinated. Sure is easy for you to be judgmental though.
This is what happens when vaccines (and politics) become religious dogma. Everything and everyone else can be sacrificed. Buckle up.

Old 08-18-2021, 06:58 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,440,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
But that's crazy. I just got my second Moderna shot around mid-May. So, if need a booster already in September, does that mean these vaccines only offer 4 months of protection???
No, it means you should get the third shot 8 months after you got the second shot......so for you Jan 2022.

Old 08-18-2021, 07:05 PM

2,916 posts, read 1,515,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
Thankfully this has no effect on me because I'm vaccinated. It wasn't a hard thing to do at all. Too bad it's too hard for other people.
So, the comrade treatment to a decent part of the population by a pot smoking, brain deficient mayor is okay with you then? I see....

Old 08-18-2021, 07:19 PM

1,969 posts, read 676,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterShipWreck View Post
So, the comrade treatment to a decent part of the population by a pot smoking, brain deficient mayor is okay with you then? I see....
They don't care what happens if you don't conform. If anyone ever wondered what they'd have done in 1939, they are doing it now.

Old 08-18-2021, 09:26 PM

2,916 posts, read 1,515,655 times
Lockdown Forever: Scotland’s Leftist Govt Want to Make Emergency Coronavirus Laws ‘Permanent’

Quote:
The leftist governing party of the devolved Scottish parliament is calling for its emergency coronavirus powers to be made “permanent”, giving them the ability to shut schools, enforce mask-wearing, and impose lockdowns without time limit.
Quote:
“These powers were intended to be temporary measures to deal with the pandemic. The fact that SNP ministers are now seeking to make many of them permanent is a clear sign they are unwilling to give up their control over people’s lives.

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/202...aws-permanent/

Old 08-18-2021, 09:27 PM

43,106 posts, read 18,269,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
No, it means you should get the third shot 8 months after you got the second shot......so for you Jan 2022.
Do you know why our government said 8 months when Pfizer said 6 months ?
Honest question because I couldn't find where reasoned out their "8" months.
The other countries giving boosters are following Pfizer's advice...after 6 months.

Old 08-18-2021, 11:20 PM

3,495 posts, read 1,410,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterShipWreck View Post

No, I'm just saying that it just shouldn't have went that far. Vaccine mandates weren't even considered when these vaccines first came out. It's crazy because the vaccines are the key to a brighter future and to get the world finally back to normal. You would think everyone would be running to get it, which seemed to be the case in the beginning. But then the last couple of months, demand seemed to drag, which was quite puzzling.

So what I'm saying is, people should WANT the vaccine and not have to be forced to get it. Why no one would want it is beyond me?

Old 08-18-2021, 11:22 PM

3,495 posts, read 1,410,985 times
Quote:
My husband has a congenital heart condition. His cardiologist advised him not to get vaccinated. Sure is easy for you to be judgmental though.

Your husband is a rare exception and in his case, it's ok due to his medical history. Most people aren't getting it because they are just anti-vax.

By the way, I applaud your husband for talking to his doctor. I wish more people would do that. My mom wouldn't even talk to her doctor and just won't get vaccinated. That is what I don't like.

Old 08-19-2021, 12:36 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logiatype View Post
Can you react to the claim? I'm learning to be open-minded to places like InfoWars lately with all the calls they seem to get right (with time).
They're only sensationalizing things that have no evidence for being true. It's clickbait to sell ads and snake oil. For starters, Natural News claims that as many as 500,000 Americans have already been killed by the “clot shot”. Their article provides no evidence for that whatsoever. No, we're not going to see "homeless, desperate masses aimlessly wandering the streets of blue cities, crapping on the sidewalks and mumbling nonsensical things to themselves." The disgusting people spreading wildly extreme misinfo and total falsehoods against the covid vaccines should eventually be subject to class action lawsuits in the near future.

Old 08-19-2021, 12:50 AM

1,538 posts, read 1,483,810 times
Quote:
My husband has a congenital heart condition. His cardiologist advised him not to get vaccinated.
A somewhat rare case I would think. I'd love it if everyone heeded their doctor's advice regarding vaccination. We'd be a lot closer to a solution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies