Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2021, 01:35 PM

13,303 posts, read 7,870,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
Because everyone has been tested and we're ALL friends. The wife came and said her husband had the sniffles and stayed home, she was carrying covid and had symptoms later, didn't know it at the time. Everyone kept the same safe distances they always had, but it was enough to infect almost everyone.

Don't you think most people know how they got it? It's usually not rocket science.
No mask is going to protect you from the Fauci needle.

Old 08-19-2021, 01:49 PM

8,502 posts, read 3,341,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
I doubt the boosters would be newly engineered mRNA especially since the plan is to start rolling them out in September. I also read elsewhere Pfizer says they can produce a new mRNA vaccine to deal with Delta more effectively but it will take 100 days.
Delta is not the "worst" variant out there for it does not have the escape mutations of Beta and Gamma. Fortunately Alpha (B.117) outcompeted Beta (S. African) and, per one study, Delta outcompetes Lambda (Peruvian variant). IDK about Gamma (Columbian variant).

SARS-CoV-2 is not going away. One way or another the vast majority of the world will end up with covid-specific antibodies.. Push this virus too far, and more intrinsically virulent mutations could, in theory, result.

Delta may be more likely to result in an uptick in deaths due to (1) its more infectious and reaches more in the community + (2) higher viral load meaning more infection in the individual. To my knowledge, it's not intrinsically a more deadly variant.

Still since so many remain naive, additional nAbs are needed at this time to help control the current surge from Delta. That is very different conceptually than using vaccines to ensure that no one ever becomes symptomatic from covid in the future.

If the variant mutates to become more virulent + include escape mutations, then almost certainly the vaccines would need reformulated.

Old 08-19-2021, 02:04 PM

2,916 posts, read 1,515,655 times
Quote:
Hawaii and Texas have diametrically opposed covid policies and nearly identical covid infection charts. Virus gonna virus, y’all. Masks are just cosmetic theater.
https://twitter.com/ClayTravis/statu...97280859639810

Old 08-19-2021, 02:15 PM

8,151 posts, read 3,678,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
Because everyone has been tested and we're ALL friends. The wife came and said her husband had the sniffles and stayed home, she was carrying covid and had symptoms later, didn't know it at the time. Everyone kept the same safe distances they always had, but it was enough to infect almost everyone.

Don't you think most people know how they got it? It's usually not rocket science.
Well, considering you can basically get it anywhere ... But I guess if you all got it at the same time and everybody was tested just before that ..

Old 08-19-2021, 02:22 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,662,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterShipWreck View Post
Masks certainly are theater when compliance isn't nearly perfect. They are not theater if everyone able to wear a mask would comply. When 30% of people in the store or any other indoor setting aren't bothering, then, this is what you get.

Old 08-19-2021, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Masks certainly are theater when compliance isn't nearly perfect. They are not theater if everyone able to wear a mask would comply. When 30% of people in the store or any other indoor setting aren't bothering, then, this is what you get.
I've posted studies before that actually show they do nothing... But, whatever world you want to live in.

I've said, I still wear them a lot too. But, do I think they are really doing anything? No. But, what else can I do...

Old 08-19-2021, 02:32 PM

3,495 posts, read 1,749,334 times
There has been speculation on these threads the government could mandate vaccines for Medicare and Medicaid, but I read if you refuse Medicare Part A your social security is taken away, so I doubt mandates would ever happen to kick people off Medicare and Social Security who don't want the current vaccines. Who would pay for all those people?

"Once you become eligible for premium-free Medicare Part A, you have to enroll in Medicare Part A or you forfeit your Social Security benefits. Most individuals are unwilling to forfeit their Social Security benefits, and thus accept the enrollment into Medicare. Note that you're only required to accept Medicare Part A—which is premium-free if you're receiving Social Security benefits—in order to retain your Social Security benefits."

Old 08-19-2021, 02:51 PM

3,495 posts, read 1,749,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterShipWreck View Post
I've posted studies before that actually show they do nothing... But, whatever world you want to live in.

I've said, I still wear them a lot too. But, do I think they are really doing anything? No. But, what else can I do...
Are the masked in the studies wearing eye protection also? Maybe masks aren't the failure, but lack of eye protection is.

Old 08-19-2021, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wp169 View Post
Are the masked in the studies wearing eye protection also? Maybe masks aren't the failure, but lack of eye protection is.
Maybe. I don't know. I am not going to spend 3 hours trying to find a post I made 1-2 months ago.

But, yes - it does enter the eyes. However - rarely do you see people with sealed eye protection or a mask.

Old 08-19-2021, 02:52 PM

585 posts, read 495,481 times
Default Dr told told family to get the vaccine because Covid could cause blood clots in older people

She said they were noticing it in people 70 and older. More and more though people seem to be testing positive despite being vaccinated. But we are told those are milder cases. So milder cases wouldn’t cause blood clots? If the virus is in you, regardless of how sick you get, I would think if can still cause the same problems in older people regardless of vaccination. The news keep saying break through cases are rare but it seems we hear of them more frequently now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies