Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2021, 11:54 AM

30,383 posts, read 19,184,321 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
I'm afraid that will be necessary, looking at the upsurge in cases, hospitalizations and deaths. Even the areas that don't have severe transmission today are beginning to be affected by nearby hot spots.

Covid is horrific, Delta or otherwise. Have a co-worker here in the "large engineering enterprise" that I work for who was infected a few weeks ago. It was shocking to all of us as he is young and fit. His whole family (all un-vaccinated) got it as well but he ended up with the severe disease - in the hospital on a vent and the outcome looks grim. His suffering is hard to even grasp - seems clear he will either die or survive it with long term lung and throat damage.

We can have word play all day here and elsewhere about this but make no mistake, this virus is relentless and it can affect you and yours in terrible ways, especially if you are not vaccinated. This is reality.

So far, the death numbers have not been going up, just the infections. According to studies I've reviewed, the Delta variant is far more virulent but also far less lethal. I personally know 8 family and friends that recently had the Delta variant and all are now well. It is a weird virus that typically targets the old and infirm but occasionally you have an outlier of it killing the young and healthy....weird.

Old 07-30-2021, 11:55 AM

7,640 posts, read 8,715,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wp169 View Post
Where are all the autopsy results of the suspected vaccinated-induced deaths since January 2021?
You don't have to believe it. I don't get the vaccine in order to make sure you have ample supply.

Old 07-30-2021, 11:59 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,174,016 times
Quote:
I'm afraid that will be necessary, looking at the upsurge in cases, hospitalizations and deaths. Even the areas that don't have severe transmission today are beginning to be affected by nearby hot spots.

Covid is horrific, Delta or otherwise. Have a co-worker here in the "large engineering enterprise" that I work for who was infected a few weeks ago. It was shocking to all of us as he is young and fit. His whole family (all un-vaccinated) got it as well but he ended up with the severe disease - in the hospital on a vent and the outcome looks grim. His suffering is hard to even grasp - seems clear he will either die or survive it with long term lung and throat damage.

We can have word play all day here and elsewhere about this but make no mistake, this virus is relentless and it can affect you and yours in terrible ways, especially if you are not vaccinated. This is reality.
One never knows who will be hit hard. A family got it and all got a mild case a a young guy in his 20's got it bad. He was in the ICU on and off a ventilator, he made it but is still having long term health problems. One never knows who will get it bad. This they can't figure out .

Old 07-30-2021, 12:01 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,657,698 times
I can see unvaccinated zones being created if this continues.

Old 07-30-2021, 12:02 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,174,016 times
With the border opened now the Latin American countries have lambda variant with a death rate of 10% . It has been found in the United States and don't know if it will spread like the delta.

Old 07-30-2021, 12:02 PM

3,495 posts, read 1,752,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I saw that! Geez. I read today that a woman in my home town county lost her grandmother, mother and fiance within the last five days. The grandmother was the only one vaccinated. It's very sad.
I guess the "good news" didn't pertain to the vaccinated grandmother, she died anyway. We were told the vaccines might not work on the elderly. The problem is most vaccinated assume the mRNA shot made them immune, but they don't follow through with antibody testing to make sure. RIP

Old 07-30-2021, 12:05 PM

25,449 posts, read 9,817,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wp169 View Post
I guess the "good news" didn't pertain to the vaccinated grandmother, she died anyway. We were told the vaccines might not work on the elderly. The problem is most vaccinated assume the mRNA shot made them immune, but they don't follow through with antibody testing to make sure. RIP
I'm not sure what "good news" you're talking about. None of it was good news.

Old 07-30-2021, 12:05 PM

5,792 posts, read 5,112,271 times
Quote:
You and a few dozen others in the echo chamber here may buy into this paranoid nonsense - but the rest of us know better.

Make this "argument" to my co-worker and his wife and family who are watching him suffer and drown in his own fluids in a hospital bed. What do you think their reaction would be to this ridiculous statement? Most likely - you don't care. I get it.
I am not sure why you care so much? For the love of humanity just let Darwin's natural selection take over and clean the stupidity out of the gene pool. Please.

Old 07-30-2021, 12:06 PM

4,903 posts, read 3,363,830 times
The elites are going to milk this forever. Man, people are going to start to get fed up with this crap.

Already starting to happen with the vaccine "passports" the governments in Europe and Australia are trying to mandate; huge protests in the streets.

Old 07-30-2021, 12:09 PM

3,495 posts, read 1,752,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I'm not sure what "good news" you're talking about. None of it was good news.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has described the Delta variant of the coronavirus as being as transmissible as chickenpox and cautioned it could cause severe disease, the Washington Post said, citing an internal CDC document.

The CDC report said that universal mask wearing is still needed to reduce transmission in addition to vaccines.“

https://www.reuters.com/business/hea...yt-2021-07-30/

The good news is that vaccines still help prevent severe disease. But it looks like masking and more closings could be in the near future, especially with Fall around the corner.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The above post is what you replied to trobemom, the bad news is the vaccine did not help prevent the grandmother's death, contradicting the good news in the article above that vaccines work to prevent severe disease (or death). Thanks for your post, poor family, RIP

Last edited by wp169; 07-30-2021 at 12:20 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies