Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2020, 06:00 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
If he disagrees with Fauci, why doesn’t he fire him? What leadership has the president shown to the states?
Lol. I already said I won’t be surprised if that happens after the election.

Why are there governors if the President is supposed to run the states?

Old 10-20-2020, 06:09 PM

3,829 posts, read 1,686,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Lol. I already said I won’t be surprised if that happens after the election.

Why are there governors if the President is supposed to run the states?
The governors have been left to do this on their own because of zero direction from the president. And why would he wait? He hates the guy and disagrees with him. Why not fire him now or 6 months ago? What is he waiting for?

Old 10-20-2020, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
The governors have been left to do this on their own because of zero direction from the president. And why would he wait? He hates the guy and disagrees with him. Why not fire him now or 6 months ago? What is he waiting for?
Except they haven’t. They’re doing a job they’re delegated and elected to do. It’s what they get paid for.

Lol. Perhaps you should Tweet him and see what he has to say. You’re obviously quite obsessed with him.

Old 10-20-2020, 06:40 PM

1,653 posts, read 1,586,354 times
Independent, here’s what I don’t understand.
You spend weeks or months accusing liberals or Democrats or “the left” of gloating over the Covid numbers because it’ll make Trump look bad. Fine. It’s all nonsense and a particularly jerky thing to say to people who’ve lost family members, but that’s par for the course.

Then you come out swinging because you say Trump has been ineffectual against covid and this and that and what have you.

Now you’re going off because he won’t do the unthinkably stupid and fire his highest-profile epidemiologist.

Did I miss anything here?

What exactly is your position?

Old 10-20-2020, 08:20 PM

755 posts, read 472,738 times
Excess deaths in 2020:

The coronavirus pandemic has caused nearly 300,000 more deaths than expected in a typical year
By Lenny Bernstein

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...6ed_story.html

The percentage increase for non-whites is really off the charts.

Old 10-20-2020, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley Barker View Post
Excess deaths in 2020:

The coronavirus pandemic has caused nearly 300,000 more deaths than expected in a typical year
By Lenny Bernstein

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...6ed_story.html

The percentage increase for non-whites is really off the charts.
Interesting:

“Outside analyses, including some by The Washington Post and researchers at Yale University, have found two main causes for excess deaths. Many probably were the result of covid-19, although they were not recorded that way on death certificates. Others are probably the result of deaths at home or in nursing homes from heart attacks, diabetes, strokes and Alzheimer’s disease, among people afraid to seek care in hospitals or unable to get it.“

Old 10-21-2020, 11:14 AM

882 posts, read 335,648 times
Quote:
Interesting:

“Outside analyses, including some by The Washington Post and researchers at Yale University, have found two main causes for excess deaths. Many probably were the result of covid-19...“

Well well, looks like someone was able to find your missing data.

Let's recap, shall we?

Your claim here:

Quote:
I’ll wait for the total death numbers at the end of the year before jumping to conclusions. As it stands right now, they’re in line with previous years.

Doesn't exactly jibe with this

Quote:
All told, an estimated 299,028 more people died than would be expected in a typical year, which was defined as the average annual deaths from 2015 to 2019, the CDC reported.
I think one would argue that a 300,000 jump in deaths isn't really "in line" with previous years.

Old 10-21-2020, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PghPatriot View Post
Well well, looks like someone was able to find your missing data.

Let's recap, shall we?

Your claim here:

Doesn't exactly jibe with this

I think one would argue that a 300,000 jump in deaths isn't really "in line" with previous years.
LMAO. You edited the rest of the quote I posted because it didn’t fit your narrative.
“Outside analyses, including some by The Washington Post and researchers at Yale University, have found two main causes for excess deaths. Many probably were the result of covid-19...“

Here’s the actual quote:

“Outside analyses, including some by The Washington Post and researchers at Yale University, have found two main causes for excess deaths. Many probably were the result of covid-19, although they were not recorded that way on death certificates. Others are probably the result of deaths at home or in nursing homes from heart attacks, diabetes, strokes and Alzheimer’s disease, among people afraid to seek care in hospitals or unable to get it.“

Old 10-21-2020, 11:30 AM

882 posts, read 335,648 times
Quote:
LMAO. You edited the rest of the quote I posted because it didn’t fit your narrative.

Here’s the actual quote:

Wondering if you'll come out from the rock and address the actual point of the post, pertaining to your made up death numbers?

Old 10-21-2020, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PghPatriot View Post
Wondering if you'll come out from the rock and address the actual point of the post, pertaining to your made up death numbers?
I’m wondering that about you since the causes of death aren’t fitting your narrative, hence you edited the quote I posted from the article, lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies