Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2020, 04:59 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,990,828 times

Advertisements

70-80 percent of the population will be affected at this rate. Inept leaders and citizens with NO common sense.

Old 03-15-2020, 04:59 PM

7,826 posts, read 4,570,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Funny, so when a mayor tells the city to go home, because of snow....the federal employees don't have to listen.
Snow day vs. Pandemic. Nice equivalency there...

Old 03-15-2020, 05:00 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,576,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
These two decided this was a great opportunity to make a profit, all perfectly legal but also pretty sick. They aren't the only two, some are stockpiling respirator masks that hospitals are rationing, Purell, Clorox Wipes and selling them for 10-20 times their value. Amazon and EBay have shut down most of these sellers but it says a lot about these individuals.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/14/t...n-sellers.html
You know each sale benefits not only the seller but also the buyer. If a buyer is willing to shell out $70 for a bottle, he must think the sanitizer is worth more than his $70.

By shutting them down, they hurt both the sellers and the buyers who need the products.

Only if you can understand that.

Old 03-15-2020, 05:01 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Well he's calling it a "donation" so...screwed his own case.
Yeah, they suddenly turned altruistic once the Feds showed up on their doorstep.

Matt and Noah Colvin. I hope their names are plastered across social media and they are suitably ostracized and made to pay for their greed.

Old 03-15-2020, 05:01 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,936,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
Businesses across America are shutting down, this virus is going to be devastating to our economy. Just watch, many low end workers are losing work but it will have a trickle-up effect. We are in trouble if we don’t get the spread of virus under control fast.
It's not just low end workers. Many high paying positions in certain industries are being cut or are about to be as well.

Old 03-15-2020, 05:02 PM

989 posts, read 456,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
They think these briefings are reassuring us...they aren't. Seriously need to minimize the length and scope of them.

State what is new....and leave. Don't try and offer advice unless you are a medical expert.

Didn't watch -- choosing to take advantage of streaming music on Relix......so much better for the soul.
I was thinking the same thing. I rarely watch Trump speak at all because he sounds awful, but I thought I'd tune in to get some information from the experts so I've had to endure Trump (and Pence) both on Friday and this evening. Uuughh.

What I don't understand is the self-aggrandizing. And the pats on the back they all have to give each other. And all the people standing on the stage behind the speaker. Smiling, nodding, trying to get their face in. It's just so weird. I can't recall anything like it.

Get to the podium, state the news without any melodrama, answer a few questions, and move on. None of this is reassuring. The *only* person who gets up there and does it how it should be done and inspires me is Fauci.

6,384 posts, read 4,835,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I am not a scientist. I don't have any secret connections. No voice spoke to me in the middle of the night revealing what is going on. I have not proof of anything.

That having been clearly stated,I believe that this virus existed in the United States prior to the outbreak in Wuhan, China. The CDC director admitting that there were deaths incorrectly attributed to the flu, when they were actually COVID-19, completed the puzzle for me. The methodology or protocol was to first test for the flu and if the test is positive then don't test for anything else. That, coupled with there being absolutely no believable reason why this nation has not made testing more widespread......other than the US NOT WANTING PEOPLE TESTED FOR THIS, leads me to this.

I don't trust the information coming from our government. To me, there seems to be a cover up. I came down with something in December....with some of the prominent symptoms of the virus. I thought maybe I had walking Phenomena for a while.
That's quite a conspiracy theory you have spun here. Are the Clintons involved? The Deep State? Perhaps Area 51?

Walking Phenomena
sounds as reasonable as anything else you have suggested.
Is there a test for it?

39,081 posts, read 51,252,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
70-80 percent of the population will be affected at this rate. Inept leaders and citizens with NO common sense
Failing a vaccine or a mutation that is inevitable. There will be multiple waves though. Not everyone will get it this time. We can greatly control the timetable by practicing social distancing. Very few people are doing this with any seriousness.

9,963 posts, read 18,504,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
You know each sale benefits not only the seller but also the buyer. If a buyer is willing to shell out $70 for a bottle, he must think the sanitizer is worth more than his $70.

By shutting them down, they hurt both the sellers and the buyers who need the products.
It's greed nothing else.

Under Tennessee law the buyers can seek refunds -

https://www.chattanoogan.com/2020/3/...ts-Hixson.aspx

Old 03-15-2020, 05:03 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,576,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
There was a petition to prosecute these guys - it appears they violated Tennessee code for being jackasses...

https://www.change.org/p/herbert-sla...virus-supplies
Are people slaves to someone? Why can’t they sell their own properties as they see fit??? Who are they hurting?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies