Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2020, 07:37 AM

1,881 posts, read 1,015,215 times

Advertisements

1. He thinks a payroll tax will help this.. If your business is shut down you aren't paying anyone

2. Where's the plan to increase testing? How many people have it that have no idea and are spreading it around galore now?

3. We had flights incoming from Italy and Korea up to a few days ago.. This is on his administration who is supposed to monitor and track these security needs.

4. He said in his speech just last night "lets not be political and come up with solutions" So the Dem House and Pelosi offer something quick and the senate quickly shoots it down and Trump takes twitter at 6:15 am quickly bashing Pelosi.

5. The man was implying this was all an overblown hoax a few days ago and this virus would just go away in April because of warmer weather..

Its still early I get it.. but so far this is an incompetent and complete failure.. Its comparable to GW Bush and the Iraq war strategy..

Old 03-12-2020, 07:37 AM

3,554 posts, read 3,751,256 times
Every single person at the W.H.O. who declared this a pandemic because (paraphrasing) "certain nations aren't taking this seriously" need to be arrested and thrown in jail immediately.

Old 03-12-2020, 07:38 AM

39,341 posts, read 27,740,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Trump was screw-- either way. If he shut down borders, the loony left would shriek "RACIST!!!!", if he didn't they will shriek "INCOMPETENT!!!".

I think China released this disease on purpose, to hurt Trump politically. After all, he is the first president in my lifetime to stand up to their hateful anti-America regime and implement tariffs.

China imprisons racial and religious minorities with impunity and the American left still loves their country more than they love Trump. What more do you need to know...
I am with you there, the travel ban is absolutely necessary. Although I'd add UK to the travel ban list as well.

The "American citizens" coming back from travel abroad should be put in a mandatory quarantine for 21 days in my opinion.

Old 03-12-2020, 07:38 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,995,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Trump formed a team at the end of January, chucky shumer yelling trump is a racist because of a premature travel ban 5 February....just think of where we could be if chucky had done something except yell racist....testing or not....but the trump hater just don't care about that, they care about getting trump out of office more than trying to extinguish this virus.....

Yes Yes Yes. Chuck Schumer said something dumb a month ago. We all know that. Can we please move on to what we need to do TODAY to help stop the spread of this virus?

Stay home when you can.
Wash your hands often.
Keep a distance from other people.
Cover your nose and mouth when you sneeze or cough. Use your inner elbow, not your hands.

If you are generally out and about (even if only going to work and back), do not go visit grandma and grandpa.

Old 03-12-2020, 07:39 AM

46,381 posts, read 27,239,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Trump was screw-- either way. If he shut down borders, the loony left would shriek "RACIST!!!!", if he didn't they will shriek "INCOMPETENT!!!".

I think China released this disease on purpose, to hurt Trump politically. After all, he is the first president in my lifetime to stand up to their hateful anti-America regime and implement tariffs.

China imprisons racial and religious minorities with impunity and the American left still loves their country more than they love Trump. What more do you need to know...
To the bold, that started on 5 feb with non-other than chucky shumer...

https://twitter.com/JarradKushner/st...es-merged.html

Nobody will question chucky though....

Old 03-12-2020, 07:40 AM

8,507 posts, read 3,365,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
I got my flu and pneumonia shots this year. So far so lucky. I'm in relatively great shape, but I'll be hermiting at home as much as possible. Lucky for me that I work from home.
Pneumonia vaccines help reduce secondary infections in influenza but this isn't the flu. My understanding is the severe pneumonia that can develop with covid-19 (think ARDs, sepsis, organ failure) is a progression of the initial infection - not a separate bacterial infection.

That a pneumonia shot can interrupt that progression is unlikely. I suppose if someone is very ill, recovers but remains medically fragile a pneumonia shot might help them if they later develop a cold. So sure - get one.

Not trying to be negative, but folks need to understand this is serious.

Old 03-12-2020, 07:41 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,129,589 times
Quote:
Trump formed a team at the end of January, chucky shumer yelling trump is a racist because of a premature travel ban 5 February....just think of where we could be if chucky had done something except yell racist....testing or not....but the trump hater just don't care about that, they care about getting trump out of office more than trying to extinguish this virus.....
Trump has never let someone calling him a racist stop him from doing anything. Schumer calling the travel ban racist is irrelevant. Trump was free to do as he pleased like he's done every other time people have called him racist.

Old 03-12-2020, 07:41 AM

39,341 posts, read 27,740,774 times
Quote:
To the bold, that started on 5 feb with non-other than chucky shumer...

https://twitter.com/JarradKushner/st...es-merged.html

Nobody will question chucky though....
I started to believe that no matter what Trump did, SOME would blame him for this.

The travel ban is absolutely necessary.

Old 03-12-2020, 07:42 AM

989 posts, read 458,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Trump has never let someone calling him a racist stop him from doing anything. Schumer calling the travel ban racist is irrelevant. Trump was free to do as he pleased like he's done every other time people have called him racist.

If he held back because Schumer called him a name, well, that would be a first. He listens to no one.

Old 03-12-2020, 07:42 AM

46,381 posts, read 27,239,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Yes Yes Yes. Chuck Schumer said something dumb a month ago. We all know that. Can we please move on to what we need to do TODAY to help stop the spread of this virus?

Stay home when you can.
Wash your hands often.
Keep a distance from other people.
Cover your nose and mouth when you sneeze or cough. Use your inner elbow, not your hands.

If you are generally out and about (even if only going to work and back), do not go visit grandma and grandpa.
People call it dumb, but they ban was not enacted, chucky had something to do with it, he should have kept his mouth shut, but him and the left want one thing...no more trump....at any expense....

Sure, we will move on to today, but you better be all over your buddies who are going back in time, to accuse trump of what he shoulda done....it's one way, not your way...you accuse both or none at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies