Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2020, 08:55 AM

26,230 posts, read 13,182,058 times

Advertisements

Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Average American male...gotta love that stuff.

[quote=[B]bobbythegreat[/b];57771792]If you were following along with what I said, you'd know I was only talking about their weight when I said "average American male" nothing related to age or risk factors when it comes to COVID-19. The toxic dose of hydroxychloroquine is 20mg/kg... so for 600mg to be fatal you'd be talking about someone who weighed 66 lbs.

"Im just trying to educate you so you stop with the misinformation".

Good luck with that! I've been trying to do the same for a long time. Now, its getting dangerous. I begged him yesterday to stop.

Yesterday, he claimed that Covid-19 test results took 5-14 days to get. There are now tests that take 15 minutes, and the Hundreds of drive through testing sites we have set up across the USA provide results to nearly all in 24-48 hours. Only in rare incidents can it take 7 days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2020, 08:58 AM

18,949 posts, read 8,578,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I do see people on trials of certain antivirals, but these are studies that their individual doctors are participating in. It is not hospital-wide, like Hydroxychloroquine, so I dont really have a good idea about whether they are working or not. The plasma antibody trials are limited to certain hospitals around the country. I think Mt Sinai is the nearest hospital to me that is doing it. They haven’t released any results yet, to my knowledge.
https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2763983

I will soon be actively seeking to be a donor. There is a high probability that I fought off the virus already, maybe twice in 2 months.

Old 04-06-2020, 09:13 AM

25,115 posts, read 16,314,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
Well, he's right. They don't have time right now to do 3 years of studies to get a drug FDA approved for COVID-19 and hydroxychloroquine along with azithromycin is the most promising thing they have going according to the doctors and researchers.....it's how they heard about it to begin with.
and Fauci's answer, as he has given "15 times" - or fewer, it really doesn't matter (I suppose 1 could search ALL of his task force statements as well as media interviews) - "It is not proven and can't be until there are controlled studies".

Only an idiot would disagree with Fauci saying that, and Trump has never disagreed with it. "It may help, it may not, we don't know. there are promising signs, and if it doesn't work there's no harm done". Now, one *could* object to the "no harm done" since it has to be prescribed/administered correctly and there ARE side effects, but the point of the matter is it's a known drug with known and non-fatal side effects.

Old 04-06-2020, 09:16 AM

18,521 posts, read 15,352,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2763983

I will soon be actively seeking to be a donor. There is a high probability that I fought off the virus already, maybe twice in 2 months.
Thank you! Hopefully there are a lot of others like you.

Old 04-06-2020, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
I had to research this case myself because as usual, you link tweets and articles with absolutely no sources to verify the information being claimed like a true low information liberal.

According to the New India Express, there's no evidence he had even been medically diagnosed with Covid-19. It was allegedly a "preventative" measure he was taking. And according to his superintendent, he self-medicated without proper consultation and there's nothing conclusive that the prescriptions he took were the cause of his heart attack in the first place. So let's review. No diagnosis, no consultation with other medical professionals, no medical approval of the prescription he took. Basically he did everything you're NOT suppose to do and has perished and somehow you're now alluding to this meaning the medication doesn't work and it's Trump fault. Yeah, typical liberal logic.
In India.

Old 04-06-2020, 09:21 AM

notee, this guy is a doctor on the front lines in the NY metro:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Stop trying to scare people with your misinformation. You could not be more wrong.

200mg is not THE dose for Lupus. 200-400 daily is the dose for Lupus. There are plenty of Lupus patients taking 400 daily.

For people with debilitating rheumatoid arthritis often are prescribed 600mg until the symptoms subside, and then it is lowered down to 400mg, indefinitely. 600mg over a very long period of time has been linked to retinal toxicity, but typically after taking a high dose for greater than 5 years.

The loading dose for treating a case of malaria is 800mg, and you are trying to tell people that 400mg can kill, and 600mg almost always will?

What is wrong with you?

Oh, and most people treated for COVID-19 are being given 200mg, 2 times a day. The people getting it 3 times a day are in the minority, but again, still safe over the short period of time it is being give for COVID-19.

Old 04-06-2020, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
There you go again, talking sense (in best Ronald Regan voice).
coming right behind the MD's post, this one #won'tagewell

Old 04-06-2020, 09:29 AM

18,521 posts, read 15,352,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
Seems to me that the best action in the event one has the disease;
1. knowing the history of the patient
2. start with small doses.
3. pay close attention to their progress in a controlled environment.
4. document their response or the lack thereof.
As a vaccine smallest doses to start with the well-understood expectation of improving that over time as necessary.
One vaccine to fit all is not realistic, every single person on this planet has a different chemistry. most intelligent people know this.
It is going to take hundreds of different groups to devise antivirus to work in them.
It seems like it would be a very logical approach to anyone that doesn’t understand the nuances of the way the drug works. It is particularly #2 that is problematic. The one study that showed no improvement, was the study done with once a day dosing. The idea is to slow down the replication of the virus while the viral load is low, giving the body enough time to mount a strong defense against the virus BEFORE the viral load becomes high and unmanageable. If you start with small doses, that may not be enough to keep the body from reaching that point. You will be wasting valuable time.

200mg, 2 or 3 times a day, is already known to be safe in the vast majority of adults. With risks vs benefits in mind, I dont think it would be wise to start with less than that, unless there is an underlying reason, like kidney disease or history of arrhythmias.

Old 04-06-2020, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
So in your reality and the reality of those who don’t support Trump are wrong because we don’t buy into his B.S. AGAIN, why didn’t Trump let Fauci answer the reporters question?
So what quack of a doctor is telling Trump that this malaria drug works? By the way Trump doesn’t listen to anyone but himself.
as Trump said, and IF (yes, I know a BIG if) you've paid any attention, then Fauci has answered the question many times, and always the same way.

So, the reporter challenges Trump, and interrupts his answer, and then later on attempts to ask Fauci to get him to give the same counter he's given numerous times already.

Old 04-06-2020, 10:14 PM

7,740 posts, read 12,677,531 times
Now Australia is set to order an international supply of hydroxychloroquine. So much for "not working".

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies