Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2020, 12:00 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,392,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL74 View Post
I am a Trump hater and I really really hope this is correct...
I'm not a Trump supporter and I really hope it's correct.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2020, 12:07 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,756,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastriver View Post
Hardening of the heart muscle (cardiomyopathy) reported in some primary causes of death:

"“This follows the pattern of SARS in general,” he said. “This virus clearly causes a viral pneumonia” similar to the SARS outbreak in 2003 that infected 8,089 people around the world. Like that outbreak, he said, the chance of serious illness or death is significantly higher in older populations, he said. The average age of the individuals on the medical examiner’s list was 66, with the oldest being 98 and the youngest 44.

"But this new coronavirus is likely more infectious, certainly more insidious, and more lethal that the ‘03 SARS virus. That outbreak killed 774 people before being contained in about nine months. COVID-19 has infected more than 208,000 people worldwide and killed nearly 8,700 of them, and has spread into a pandemic.

"Leibowitz said one thing really jumped out at him from the King County list: the number of cases of cardiomyopathy, a hardening of the heart muscle that can be caused by a drastic immune response. Four of the 22 King County fatalities had cardiomyopathy listed as the primary cause of death.

"Similarly, an article published Thursday in the Journal of the American Medical Association detailing a review of the outcomes of 21 COVID-19 patients admitted to the Intensive Care Unit at Kirkland’s EvergreenHealth Medical Center made a similar observation, finding cardiomyopathy developed in seven of the 21 patients. At the time of publication, 14 of the 21 had died."

https://www.theeagle.com/news/nation...b72d00156.html
That sounds painful. People should really try never to get that virus in the first place.

It might make sense these days to tell people to settle lingering disputes with their parents, grandparents etc. and be prepared to say good bye any moment. Also to make a will. Just in case...

Old 03-23-2020, 12:12 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,835,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Nope

https://www.vox.com/2020/3/20/211867...erage-fox-news

“I mean they're scaring the living hell out of people,” Hannity added. “And I see them again as like oh, okay, let's bludgeon Trump with this new hoax.”

Direct quote.

so now that you've seen this, going around saying he didn't say that would be a lie.

And guess who talks to Trump on a regular basis.

I know you guys love Hannity and that he makes "duh liberals cry", but he isn't escaping what he's done.
Hannity is a lying POS, but most of the time his lies just serve the purpose of furthering bubbling his followers in a safe space cocoon of disinformation to preserve their fragile world view.

With his virus coverage he will have real blood on his hands.

Old 03-23-2020, 12:15 PM

20,058 posts, read 20,872,330 times
Damn.
I guess we should all buy some Nike sneakers and koolaid and end it all now.

Old 03-23-2020, 12:18 PM

18,460 posts, read 8,287,342 times
Quote:
Wasn't all kids. Plenty of families and such continued going about their business in places like Texas and Florida, home base for Hannity lovers.

In the case of this scumbag, you are protecting a lying propagandist, and a dangerous one at that.
I'm not protecting anyone...and I'm also not saying things that are not true

Old 03-23-2020, 12:26 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,226,257 times
Quote:
Okay, miracle, not magic. Again, he spent weeks downplaying it when others were not. You aren't seriously going to deny he downplayed it and that many of his supporters didn't take it seriously because of that, if they still aren't taking seriously.
the issue is including the entire quote, not what is distributed by a media fascinated with "getting" him.

I went looking for the quote, because to my recollection it was more like "You know, maybe it'll just magically disappear when the temperatures rise, like the flu does."

I have spent 20 minutes and not one source strung together the exact paragraph Corrie says. Lots of "Trump said 'magically ... disappear ... we think'" omissions.

Old 03-23-2020, 12:27 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,042,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
I'm not protecting anyone...and I'm also not saying things that are not true
You described calling out Hannity "partisan crap". It's not partisan crap, it's calling out a person's dangerous lies.

But, at least we've maintained civility.

Old 03-23-2020, 12:29 PM

2,801 posts, read 3,860,502 times
Quote:
this is where his statements could be dangerous: Let's say Fauci knows that there is some anecdotal evidence that this drugs can work. He would much rather the news get out through the CDC...to doctors on the front lines...so they can start prescribing...as opposed to a mass run on the drugs from all corners, exhausting the supply and not getting them to the people who they can help the most, and also to regular users who can't get access to them now.

That is the danger. That's not the same thing as some on the left saying "Trump lied, they don't work".

that's what I was referring to, and yes that has been going on.
Exactly. That's just one of many reasons why he's being criticized on this. NO ONE wants to see Trump fail on Coronavirus. This is a crisis that threatens to cause a cascade of death and destruction to every corner of society. Why would anyone think that someone is so partisan that they would prefer that death and destruction to seeing their political enemy succeed? Is it projecting maybe?

Old 03-23-2020, 12:40 PM

20,058 posts, read 20,872,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOkidd View Post
Exactly. That's just one of many reasons why he's being criticized on this. NO ONE wants to see Trump fail on Coronavirus. This is a crisis that threatens to cause a cascade of death and destruction to every corner of society. Why would anyone think that someone is so partisan that they would prefer that death and destruction to seeing their political enemy succeed? Is it projecting maybe?
Sadly, you are wrong.
There are many, stupidly at their own expense, would still love to see Trump fail miserably at this. It's sick, but true.

Old 03-23-2020, 12:45 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,042,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOkidd View Post
No, there are some people like that, but I doubt the #s are significant. Mostly just angry stupid kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies