Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2020, 12:31 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,873,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Hydroxychlormine is an anti Malarial drug that has been in use for many many years. It's proven for Malaria.

Azithromycin is also proven...for arthritus and Lupus.

Zinc is a mineral people have been taking for years as a dietary supplement.

Nothing here is unproven.

I think calling it a "miracle cure" is inaccurate. Its not a cure at all, its a therapeudic, or treatment of the symptoms. Its a therapuedic that can save lives, but it still isnt saving everyone. If the patient has suffered too much lung damage, or has other underlying health issues, they may still die.

I have read 2 articles where 100% effective was used. Dr. Zelenco's, and an article about Doctors using it as a preventative med, to protect medical professionals on the front lines, and its been 100% effective at some Hospitals.
No. Hydroxychlormine is also used for RA and lupus.

The z pack is an antibiotic
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2020, 12:34 PM

25,750 posts, read 12,832,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
in the land of opposites, you would be entirely correct.
It had some success, but they were not orignally pairing it with Azithromycin (an antibiotic). It was when the French Doctor added the AZ or "Z-pack" to the HDQ did the outcomes improve to very high levels.

Old 04-02-2020, 12:36 PM

21,868 posts, read 25,161,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
No. Hydroxychlormine is also used for RA and lupus.

The z pack is an antibiotic
It's used off label for RA and lupus. It's approved for malaria. I mean, you probably know that but there seems to be some weird sentiment that off-label isn't common.

Old 04-02-2020, 12:37 PM

20,111 posts, read 9,028,155 times
Quote:
If Dr. Fauci gets Coronavirus, he'll be first in line for the Trump Drugs!
Fauci is older than Biden. This Trump cocktail looks like the real deal. Don Jr. and Eric ought to take this to market.

Old 04-02-2020, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Trumps Drugs and China's Virus. Hero and villain. A story made for Marvel Comics. Someone just needs to come up with costumes and drawings. I won't be buying it though.....but I am sure it will be a hot seller among the political right.
If you get Covid-19, you most certainly WILL be buying it, and Trump Drugs will literally be inside your head!

Old 04-02-2020, 12:39 PM

4,445 posts, read 1,450,992 times
How about quinine? Could a good preventative measure for CV be simply having a couple of gin and tonics? I think I'll be proactive with the idea.

Old 04-02-2020, 12:39 PM

21,944 posts, read 9,513,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Another small study --- like the study in France....not conclusive evidence.

And Trump didn't create or manufacture the drugs. He heard about the small study in France and thought it would be an easy fix.

It isn't. It isn't going to stop 100thousand or more people dying.

It will make the people who recover maybe recover faster -- but how faster -- a day...okay good.

No miracles.

Relax.
I don't know why but it never ceases to amaze me how the left is so negative about a possible cure.

Old 04-02-2020, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Fauci is older than Biden. This Trump cocktail looks like the real deal.
I pray that the New York Times verified their story in today's news. If they did their jobs properly, then I agree with your assessment. Trump was all over this almost 2 weeks ago. If the Trump Drugs saves Thousands of lives here, his approval ratings will soar.

Fauci looks younger than sleepy Joe, and is so much more alert, and articulate.

Old 04-02-2020, 12:43 PM

21,944 posts, read 9,513,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
If it were true, why would it drive liberals crazy? EVERYONE wants a cure.

Here's the thing though: You guys act like it's a true story, and the only reason it's not getting out is because "the librul media" won't publish it.

Riddle me this:
President Trump has DAILY press briefings. Why is he not telling us about it? Do you hold him accountable for withholding cures? (Or do you maybe realize that the fake news here is the right-wing propaganda machine, and that FINALLY someone got to Trump and appealed to him that if he keeps spreading lies like "we have this contained" that he loses when they get proven false?)

At best, there are some anecdotal cases saying there is correlation. Correlation does not always equal causation. But you can bet your sweet-ass that if this were true, and the press was not reporting it, that your POTUS would be spouting it off at every conference (as he should, IF it were true).

Think people. Your conspiracy theories don't make much sense, now do they?
All you have to do is read the posts on this thread from the liberals to know they don't want it to work.

Old 04-02-2020, 12:43 PM

11,222 posts, read 8,307,135 times
Quote:
Now the New York Times is saying it too as of today...several days after I started reporting it here on C-D.

I believe it will come out later that it was being kept a secret to avoid a run on these meds.

do you have TDS? Why would our POTUS keep this from the american public when he has daily briefings?

That is a really big accusation. I don't even like the guy and I'm don't think he'd do that. (In fact, I think it's more likely he'd try to claim credit for a French study of a drug that existed long before Trump's presidency.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies