Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2020, 07:01 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,066,951 times

Advertisements

Rachel, thnx for the Jan 31 date. I have edited my post #17 to reflect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Except remember what the architect of Obamacare said? That he got it through thanks to the idiocy of the American voter? I know many people who blame Trump, and it's largely because they watch biased news that refuses to report the good decisions Trump makes. I was talking to a Democrat yesterday, and she was railing against Trump, and when I said he deserves credit for banning the planes from China as early as January 31, she was shocked. She had no idea, and that the news never reported it. When I asked her what news she watches, she said CNN and MSNBC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2020, 07:07 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,508,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
Rachel, thnx for the Jan 31 date. I have edited my post #17 to reflect.
You're welcome!

Old 03-20-2020, 07:10 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,508,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Many Progressives, including many here, just repeat the Far Left BIAS they hear on CNN, NBC, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, PBS, NYT, Washpo and the others. It's easy. No thought, just parroting, and they then think they sound "smart".
Yes, and you know what's even scarier? The woman I was speaking with - the one who was shocked when I told her about Trump's early ban on China flights - is actually quite intelligent. Her problem, like so many progressives, is that she prides herself on NOT listening to Fox and staying with CNN - as if that makes her well-informed. You know that saying "you don't know what you don't know"? CNN watchers are a perfect example of that.

Old 03-20-2020, 07:11 AM

6,262 posts, read 5,072,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
Not terribly surprising, Americans tend to back their leader during crisis and a lot of the rhetoric Trump spews when it comes to closing borders and bashing China has grown in popularity as governments across the world close borders as a way of fighting the spread of COVID-19.
Oh hey! Cool! Now you guys have a veritable smorgasborg of racist knuckle dragging world leaders to trash. And you've plenty of time to do it since you're staying home and social distancing and all.

Old 03-20-2020, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
Excellent perspective, Bob. Clear, concise, pointed.

Re: the media. It is the only way they know to react. There is no reportage, only politically biased opinion, often held to gather by the thinnest of fact gathering.
You mean like this? As Carlson put it "pure boot licking"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfXHmW6SJEc

Old 03-20-2020, 07:24 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,560,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Oh hey! Cool! Now you guys have a veritable smorgasborg of racist knuckle dragging world leaders to trash. And you've plenty of time to do it since you're staying home and social distancing and all.
Lol, few things kiddo.

1. The "you guys" bit is laughably ignorant.

2. Closing borders during a global pandemic isn't racist, only the most ridiculous window lickers would think that.

3. I don't get to stay home, my job is "essential".

Old 03-20-2020, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Lol, few things kiddo.

2. Closing borders during a global pandemic isn't racist, only the most ridiculous window lickers would think that.

Thanks for referring to me as "kiddo". I'm a little old for the description (actually I'm a lot old for the description) but appreciate it anyway. Even if it WAS meant as a derogatory (which it was)

1.. You guys is a generic phrase (not implicitly or explicitly denoting gender). But you already knew that.

2. You wrote: ...........a lot of the rhetoric Trump spews when it comes to closing borders and bashing China has grown in popularity as governments across the world close borders as a way of fighting the spread of COVID-19.

For three and a half years Trump has been accused of racism as it pertains to our own border enforcement. For the past three months Trump has been accused of racism as it pertains to China. I think it's safe to say you were calling him racist and directly implying that other world leaders were falling for his racist dog whistle as well. Stop being obtuse.

3. I have this almost insurmountable urge to say something completely dismissive of this. But I won't. Because you are a fellow citizen. And when you are playing an essential role in this time of crisis I sincerely wish you well, and hope that you continue to stay safe and healthy.

Old 03-20-2020, 08:19 AM

Take your fight outside girls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Thanks for referring to me as "kiddo". I'm a little old for the description (actually I'm a lot old for the description) but appreciate it anyway. Even if it WAS meant as a derogatory (which it was)

1.. You guys is a generic phrase (not implicitly or explicitly denoting gender). But you already knew that.

2. You wrote: ...........a lot of the rhetoric Trump spews when it comes to closing borders and bashing China has grown in popularity as governments across the world close borders as a way of fighting the spread of COVID-19.

For three and a half years Trump has been accused of racism as it pertains to our own border enforcement. For the past three months Trump has been accused of racism as it pertains to China. I think it's safe to say you were calling him racist and directly implying that other world leaders were falling for his racist dog whistle as well. Stop being obtuse.

3. I have this almost insurmountable urge to say something completely dismissive of this. But I won't. Because you are a fellow citizen. And when you are playing an essential role in this time of crisis I sincerely wish you well, and hope that you continue to stay safe and healthy.

Old 03-20-2020, 08:20 AM

Take your fight outside girls.

Quote:
Lol, few things kiddo.

Old 03-20-2020, 08:22 AM

39,077 posts, read 51,246,227 times
Bogus poll. There are not 55% of the people who would approve of Trump on anything for no other reason than Dems hate him at about 90% and INDies always split. His overall approval is down once again. Move on. We'll settle this in November .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies