Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2020, 12:56 PM

10,219 posts, read 15,937,421 times

Advertisements

Cuomo's demands are overblown. He's just used to New York and California already getting everything and the rest of the nation getting the leftovers, since they're the most powerful states and the rest of us never get our fair share. Every time I fill up my gas tank I'm paying for the NYC subway, while they do nothing to pay for our highways in Louisiana.

Trump needs to do more for the people who supported him. All Cuomo has done is trash our President, accuse him of racism, attack him every step of the way. Here in Louisiana I'm embarassed we have a Democrat governor (its a fluke he won) but we have a Congressional delegation like John Kennedy and Steve Scalise that is VERY pro-Trump and supports him. I do hope that Trump rewards us for our support and loyalty. Nearly everyone here who isn't black supports Trump and many black people are warming up to him.

Old 03-27-2020, 12:57 PM

30,181 posts, read 11,815,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
How about the whole world is in over its head on this.
No, South Korea seems to have it under control. And they are close to China and had less time to prepare than we did. I agree this is tough for everyone. Be we are America, we are suppose to be the best. Yet we were woefully unprepared for this.

Quote:
Youre a fool if you think any president could solve all of this, and Im sorry but the only Americans glued to the TV waiting for the "truth" from the president are people who hate him.
I don't hate Trump. When he does something I agree with I have complemented him on here numerous times. I agree with banning flights from China and Europe. But being loose with the facts during an emergency is unforgivable. But the bar is very low for you. As long as its Trump up there and not a democrat you could care less what he does.

Quote:
What truth would you like to hear? Why would it have mattered? For a libertarian for chrissakes?
Just the truth. I can't believe that needs to be explained. For Libertarians like myself that is important.

So tell me, what is the worst thing Trump has said or done since the beginning of the pandemic?

Old 03-27-2020, 01:02 PM

23,566 posts, read 17,241,593 times
trump denies NY!!!!!!

we are all going to die!

isn't that a refrain from the terminal tds theme song?

to question anything in DNC territory is considered a crime against humanity.

The logic and twisted interpretation used by trump haters must be a burden they carry into other aspects of their lives. Sad for them.

Old 03-27-2020, 01:04 PM

32,114 posts, read 34,747,185 times
Quote:
Youre supposed to tell us that.

Psst: Canada is not the United States.

No African nation has all the cases we have, so all their leaders are better than Trump.

/TDS logic.
You said above that no world leader could have handled this any differently. Trudeau and Canada have handled it very differently.

Considering that most African nations have barely even conducted a few hundred tests, I don't think we can reach a conclusion one way or the other about their leadership.

Old 03-27-2020, 01:05 PM

18,741 posts, read 7,620,616 times
Trump denies ventilators for New York

Was that before or after Trump shipped 4,000 ventilators to New York? And Andrew Cuomo immediately bashed him for there being too few?

Old 03-27-2020, 01:06 PM

3,698 posts, read 1,364,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Well in that case, the USA should just pack it in and hide its collective head in shame.
It isnt 1945. Now people think patriotism is a political impeachment.

Old 03-27-2020, 01:07 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,590,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
Cuomo's demands are overblown. He's just used to New York and California already getting everything and the rest of the nation getting the leftovers, since they're the most powerful states and the rest of us never get our fair share. Every time I fill up my gas tank I'm paying for the NYC subway, while they do nothing to pay for our highways in Louisiana.

Trump needs to do more for the people who supported him. All Cuomo has done is trash our President, accuse him of racism, attack him every step of the way. Here in Louisiana I'm embarassed we have a Democrat governor (its a fluke he won) but we have a Congressional delegation like John Kennedy and Steve Scalise that is VERY pro-Trump and supports him. I do hope that Trump rewards us for our support and loyalty. Nearly everyone here who isn't black supports Trump and many black people are warming up to him.
Cuomo got his figures from estimates and projections provided by McKinsey and Weill-Cornell. Why do you think his demands are not in line with reality?

Old 03-27-2020, 01:08 PM

3,698 posts, read 1,364,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
You said above that no world leader could have handled this any differently. Trudeau and Canada have handled it very differently.

Considering that most African nations have barely even conducted a few hundred tests, I don't think we can reach a conclusion one way or the other about their leadership.
I didnt say that at all.

Trudeau isnt handling this too well if his wife has it.

Old 03-27-2020, 01:11 PM

31,292 posts, read 20,753,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry-Koala View Post
"I don't believe you need 40,000 or 30,000 ventilators," Trump told host Sean Hannity,

This is true. They don't need 40,000 ventilators at this time. More like 1000.

Old 03-27-2020, 01:12 PM

29,509 posts, read 14,668,503 times
Is it just be or does it seem like Cuomo's continued bloviating on national TV is to get a buzz and approval from the masses in preparation for a 2024 presidential run ? I don't like the guy but he has certainly been player of the week, I've even seen some threads here on how great he is. One thing though, he is very good on camera and well articulated. I can see how the masses will fall for him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies