Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2020, 11:58 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,685,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
NO!! Absolutely not! I got my "information" from another poster on City-Data, and I took the poster's word for it, as I explained. I honestly don't think I even noted the source.

Well, I hope that next time I won't be so trusting!

(One problem is that many, if not most, of the "legitimate" national and/or highly reputed sources, such as the WSJ or Washington Post now have paywalls.) Also, btw, I almost never watch any of the MSM shows, that includes both FoxNews and CNN.
Oh, that's the worst way......depending on the poster. Some have pushed infowars and Q-anon and all the other complete crazies since Day One.

Maybe I'm wrong but I use google news and search within that. It does have both good and bad links but rarely the real nuts.

Old 03-27-2020, 12:00 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
Yes, that happens quite a bit with these kinds of articles. However, I was not aware that "ScienceNews" is a right wing dirt rag, and I was not aware that people with people with PhD's in molecular genetics (like the author of the Diamond Princess article, which predicted a 0.5 fatality rate) was any kind of RWNJ.

P.S. Here is another article that says what the Daily Wire said. I am sure there are other sources reporting what he said, also.
https://www.zerohedge.com/health/pro...ops+to+zero%29
Daily Wire is and so is ZeroHedge. Doubling down I see...

Old 03-27-2020, 12:06 PM

989 posts, read 456,565 times
[quote=k350;57684215]I am kind of wondering at this point just testing for mild or no symptoms is even worth it except in a few areas, and the presumption should be everyone has it or potentially will, and start just testing those who are hospitalized, or display severe symptoms that fall short of needing hospitalization.

Because someone can test, but right after still get infected somehow.[/QUOTE]

They don't know that for sure. There are thoughts that people get sick, improve, relapse, etc. but that the virus is detectable in the body via a swab for over a month. So it may look like a reinfection, when in fact it is still the initial illness.

Old 03-27-2020, 12:12 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,136,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
"After Considering $1 Billion Price Tag for Ventilators, White House Has Second Thoughts
A deal with General Motors and Ventec Life Systems to produce tens of thousands of the critical lifesaving devices seemed imminent. Then the announcement was pulled back."

So 2.2 Trillion or 2,200 BILLION is A-Ok, but a Billion for ventilators....is not?

Trump spews out so much chit and all this reality tv audience soaks it up and repeats it, but they NEVER follow up to see what happens afterwards.
I think he put zombie face ME peace talker grifter son in law in charge of this as well.

Old 03-27-2020, 12:14 PM

3,698 posts, read 1,364,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
The biggest takeaway after this is over will be Trump's one foot in, one foot out approach. He is currently freaking out that 30% unemployment and crashing GDP will make it impossible to be reelected.

Watch Fauci resign if Trump lifts his social distancing rules.
Some of you are just insanely focused on bashing Trump.
So the only person who is hurt by 30% unemployment and a crippled economy is Trump because he may not be re elected?
Well I have NO DOUBT HE WILL BE RE ELECTED because his opponent is supported by people who think like you.
People who would love to see America brought to its knees and all of us in the worst misery possible if it could get Trump out of the White House.
Well its not gonna happen because most Americans are inherently good people and dont feed on misery and hate.

Old 03-27-2020, 12:15 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,756,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I have heard pros and cons as to whether masks really make much difference but they can't hurt. At the very least less particles will pass than with nothing. I was surprised I found gloves. Maybe I had good timing. I bought a bunch in early February but you go through them faster than you expect. If I go to two stores I change gloves in my car. I don't want to wear them in my car after being in the store.
Why wear gloves? When you wear them outside your home, you will do the same things wearing them as you would not wearing them, including not touching your face at all. And when you get home you might as well wash your hands thoroughly rather than throw away yet another pair of gloves.

The normal, cheap masks only serve to protect others from you if you are infected, but not vice versa. I.e. you protect others rather than yourself. At least that is what the authorities keep telling us here. But maybe they just want to prevent a mob run on masks when healthcare pros are already struggling to get their hands on them.

Old 03-27-2020, 12:18 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,136,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
So the only person who is hurt by 30% unemployment and a crippled economy is Trump because he may not be re elected?
Well I have NO DOUBT HE WILL BE RE ELECTED because his opponent is supported by people who think like you.
People who would love to see America brought to its knees and all of us in the worst misery possible if it could get Trump out of the White House.
Well its not gonna happen because most Americans are inherently good people and dont feed on misery and hate.
Just one question...is America GREAT yet? Because quite honestly, in my over four decades, this is the worst I've ever seen it. It would have been really GREAT if Trump had actually put America first in response to this crisis.

Last edited by sickofnyc; 03-27-2020 at 12:36 PM..

Old 03-27-2020, 12:18 PM

39,081 posts, read 51,252,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Why wear gloves? When you wear them outside your home, you will do the same things wearing them as you would not wearing them, including not touching your face at all. And when you get home you might as well wash your hands thoroughly rather than throw away yet another pair of gloves.

The normal, cheap masks only serve to protect others from you if you are infected, but not vice versa. I.e. you protect others rather than yourself. At least that is what the authorities keep telling us here. But maybe they just want to prevent a mob run on masks when healthcare pros are already struggling to get their hands on them.
In places with good control, everyone must mask up. We have no masks in the US and no testing and limited facilities for treatment. Here the economy comes first, lives second. Believe nothing they tell you and follow the most stringent personal protection protocol you can.

Old 03-27-2020, 12:19 PM

30,179 posts, read 11,815,563 times
Quote:
I explained earlier that they remind me not to touch my face. I buy them 10 gloves for a dollar. A cheap investment to avoid getting sick.
Quote:
I wondered about that myself. In Asia it seems everyone is wearing one. It can't hurt. But if I had to give them up for healthcare people to have them, I am fine with that.

Old 03-27-2020, 12:21 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,685,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
If you consider "most" the minority that voted for him in the first place and the even fewer who have supported him since....well, it's you that thinks most Americans aren't straight in the head. He's averaged 20% more "good honest Americans" not approving of him for 3.5 years. (that is, about 42% for, 53% against).

Oh, people are hurt big time. The key is that MORE people will be hurt and dead and hurt worse due to lack of capabilities of the Boss. You obviously interpret that differently than some.

He actually has MORE chance of winning due to this misery so your "logic" is anything but. He was losing to most any other Candidate prior to this.

Try to be consistent...at least. We're talking about his ability to handle a War Footing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies