Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2020, 12:21 PM

30,160 posts, read 11,789,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Just one question...is America GREAT yet? Because quite honestly, in my over four decades, this is the worst I've ever seen it.

Growing up I head the depression stories from older family members. That is the time I think that has been worse.

Old 03-27-2020, 12:21 PM

2,911 posts, read 1,359,544 times
Default Trump denies ventilators for New York

"I don't believe you need 40,000 or 30,000 ventilators," Trump told host Sean Hannity,

---------------------

Trump also criticized Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, telling host Sean Hannity "she's not stepping up."

"I don't know if she knows what's going on but all she does is sit there and blame the federal government," Trump said. "She doesn't get it done and we send her a lot. Now she wants a declaration of emergency and we have to make a decision on that. But Michigan is a very important state."

Earlier this week, Whitmer demanded "clear directives and guidance from the federal government."

“Frankly, a patchwork strategy of each state doing what they can, we’re going to do it if we need to, but it would be nice to have a national strategy," she said, according to MLive.

--------------------

The Associated Press reported Thursday that Inslee implored Trump on a private conference call with governors from both parties to use executive authority to ramp up production of necessary medical equipment. But Trump said the federal government is merely the “backup.”

--------------------

Coming to a state near you.

(all quotes from this article: https://www.foxnews.com/media/trump-...os-ventilators)

Old 03-27-2020, 12:23 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Growing up I head the depression stories from older family members. That is the time I think that has been worse.
I said my four decades. And it took an FDR to dig the USA out of the Depression. Trump is no FDR.

Old 03-27-2020, 12:24 PM

25,570 posts, read 17,281,298 times
I'm with Trump. New York does not need 30 - 40,000 ventilators.
The Dems - as usual - find some way to get turned down and then they run screeching into the streets that Trump has "turned down ventilators!"
Whereas if they had ordered what they needed and Trump approved they would have nothing to say.

Old 03-27-2020, 12:25 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,589,904 times
Quote:
Don’t worry, we will make America well again!

Old 03-27-2020, 12:27 PM

6,933 posts, read 2,390,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
Some of you are just insanely focused on bashing Trump.
So the only person who is hurt by 30% unemployment and a crippled economy is Trump because he may not be re elected?
Well I have NO DOUBT HE WILL BE RE ELECTED because his opponent is supported by people who think like you.
People who would love to see America brought to its knees and all of us in the worst misery possible if it could get Trump out of the White House.
Well its not gonna happen because most Americans are inherently good people and dont feed on misery and hate.
Someone had to say this. Great post.

Old 03-27-2020, 12:27 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,114,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
I'm with Trump. New York does not need 30 - 40,000 ventilators.
The Dems - as usual - find some way to get turned down and then they run screeching into the streets that Trump has "turned down ventilators!"
Whereas if they had ordered what they needed and Trump approved they would have nothing to say.
So he condemned people to death essentially...

Old 03-27-2020, 12:32 PM

30,160 posts, read 11,789,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
Some of you are just insanely focused on bashing Trump.
So the only person who is hurt by 30% unemployment and a crippled economy is Trump because he may not be re elected?
Well I have NO DOUBT HE WILL BE RE ELECTED because his opponent is supported by people who think like you.
People who would love to see America brought to its knees and all of us in the worst misery possible if it could get Trump out of the White House.
Well its not gonna happen because most Americans are inherently good people and dont feed on misery and hate.
I am a Libertarian. If you bothered to read my posts I am clearly not a fan of Biden and am not voting for him. But I am a fiscal conservative and 6 trillion in new spending is a big problem for me. And Trump embracing it does not score him any points in my book. Trump does not care about overspending. If it takes 6 trillion in spending to get him reelected he could care less about what is going to happen to our economy long term.

The world is not as black and white as Trump supporter or Liberal Democrat. There are lots of us that don't fit in either of those boxes.

Truth is November is a long ways off. Especially in the world as it is now. If Trump was doing a bang up job on this crisis he would be at 90% like Bush after 9/11. Most Americans are willing to drop the partisanship when the POTUS acts selfless and only for the good of all people. Trump was handed a golden opportunity to do the right thing and he would have cruised into reelection in a landslide.

But Trump can't stop fighting with everyone around him, can't just tell the truth and stick to the facts and makes ridiculous promises like opening churches on Easter. He is his own worst enemy. Clearly he is over his head and you have to have blinders on not to see the obvious.

Old 03-27-2020, 12:33 PM

3,698 posts, read 1,363,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Even during this coronavirus pandemic, Donald Trump still finds a way for his old tweets to come back to haunt him.

Dummy.

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1243564012564029441
whats ur point. first tweet is 7 months before the virus existed.
nobody cares about your opinion of trump because nothing he could do would be seen as positive by you.

Old 03-27-2020, 12:35 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,742,791 times
Quote:
I explained earlier that they remind me not to touch my face. I buy them 10 gloves for a dollar. A cheap investment to avoid getting sick.

I wondered about that myself. In Asia it seems everyone is wearing one. It can't hurt. But if I had to give them up for healthcare people to have them, I am fine with that.
I never ever touch my face except at home right after washing my hands. So I didn't have to change my habits at all now.

Yes, they need masks more urgently. It is striking that in the Asian countries where the epidemic is under control most people wear masks.

I wonder why those cheap masks should only protect others from me, but not me from others. I mean, the pores have a certain size, so either the virus goes through in both directions, or in neither.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies