Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2020, 09:19 AM

8,975 posts, read 10,222,689 times

Advertisements

Not sure if this has been posted, Boris Johnson has tested positive.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/27/uk/uk...ntl/index.html

Old 03-27-2020, 09:20 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
My point about 8 deaths is a way of calculating how many probably have the virus. 1% puts us a 800 instead of 500. If we had 80 deaths then the 500 is a fraction of the real cases.
I'm not saying how deadly it is yet, it is rather fresh in Arizona and likely is spreading more and more due to the amount of people I still see out shopping. I've had to shop a few days this week and it is slightly less than normal. I think we will see a spike and that is when the death count is relevant.

Old 03-27-2020, 09:22 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
Not sure if this has been posted, Boris Johnson has tested positive.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/27/uk/uk...ntl/index.html
No. I wanted to post this and forgot to do it. Why are British political figures getting the virus? First Prince Charles and now PM Johnson?

Old 03-27-2020, 09:23 AM

30,181 posts, read 11,815,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
No, not like NYC...but likely like many other places.

Surely many from AZ have went on cruises, went back to where they came from (East Coast, Midwest, Florida, California, etc.). and such.

If you looked at that map I posted yesterday with the cell phone data tracking you'll get some idea.

The idea that populations anyway are exempt is false. At best an enlightened people and state government (maybe WA state?) may be able to flatten the curve earlier.
We have a lot of snowbirds from other states. Hundreds of thousands of people But most of them got here late last year before the virus likely hit. All those people are leaving now over the next few weeks.

I have to look at the cell phone tracking. That is interesting. Yes like other states people go back and forth. But not like Florida. More like Texas I would think. We don't the back and forth to New York like Florida does. The biggest influx here comes in October and November with the snowbirds and the university students in August and September. The timing was good for that here. If the virus had hit the USA a few months earlier it would have exploded here much faster. And we don't have lots of spring breakers here. There is no place here for them to hang out.

Old 03-27-2020, 09:24 AM

8,975 posts, read 10,222,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
No. I wanted to post this and forgot to do it. Why are British political figures getting the virus? First Prince Charles and now PM Johnson?
No idea, but I’m concerned about the queen.

Old 03-27-2020, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I'm not saying how deadly it is yet, it is rather fresh in Arizona and likely is spreading more and more due to the amount of people I still see out shopping. I've had to shop a few days this week and it is slightly less than normal. I think we will see a spike and that is when the death count is relevant.

I agree too many are out and about. And few use any sort of protection. I use disposable gloves and a mask. And I keep my distance to others when I need to get groceries. Maybe its overkill but why take a chance. Lots of people act like its business as usual. And supermarket clerks. Most are totally unprotected. I don't get that.

Old 03-27-2020, 09:29 AM

57,317 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
You would know by how many are in the hospital with it and how many have died. 8 deaths in Arizona. Do the math. There are no stories about hospitals filling up here.

But I agree we need much better testing. And we need to test everyone to see if they have recovered from it as soon as its available. We need to know the real numbers.
One of the problems with rural areas is the closure of hospitals, they have difficulty keeping up with demand aside from a pandemic. How many ICU beds are there in these states and how many will be available. Even within the ICU’s infected patients need to be separated from others.

Old 03-27-2020, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
One of the problems with rural areas is the closure of hospitals, they have difficulty keeping up with demand aside from a pandemic. How many ICU beds are there in these states and how many will be available. Even within the ICU’s infected patients need to be separated from others.

In rural Arizona lots of areas have no hospitals. I lived in one area where it was common to pay for medical helicopter service which would take you to Phoenix or Tucson. You pay so much a year and it covers a couple of pickups. Otherwise it was a 90 minute drive.

Old 03-27-2020, 09:48 AM

27,623 posts, read 21,140,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
CNN reports that his approval ratings are at an all-time high. And that Americans as a whole approve of the job he is doing with coronavirus. Look it up.
Very low information MSM viewers. The same media that gave the sociopath billions of dollars of free air time before the 2016 election. Trump screwed this up like every businesses he bankrupted. The grifter who was born on third base and brags that he hit a homerun. Trump is responsible for much suffering.

Old 03-27-2020, 09:52 AM

27,623 posts, read 21,140,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
For the love of god, Trump and his crew are not doing a great job! Last night he said the ventilators being requested are being blown out of proportion. This man needs to stop and talk about the facts or just shut up. People listen to him and think this isn’t as bad as it is because of his lies!
He should be prevented from further speaking to the public on the issue. Period! I would say all his supporters should absolutely take his advice but then they place others in jeopardy who know better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies