Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2020, 08:13 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,754,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Oh stop with the partisan TDS hatemongering and divisiveness. There’s plenty of blame to go around with the Dems too — De Blasio actually told NYC residents to go to movies and to get out and live their regular lives, now NYC is the nation’s Covid hot spot.
Pelosi stalled the aid bill so she could load it up with RIDICULOUS democrat pork, your liberal media has been caught everyday multiple times spewing lies and fake news etc, etc, etc.

Focus on things that bring us together rather than divide —Trump and his crew are doing a great job, so is Cuomo as dem governor of NY.
For the love of god, Trump and his crew are not doing a great job! Last night he said the ventilators being requested are being blown out of proportion. This man needs to stop and talk about the facts or just shut up. People listen to him and think this isn’t as bad as it is because of his lies!

Old 03-27-2020, 08:20 AM

30,178 posts, read 11,815,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Oh, you are very very very wrong. I have personally ran into a few...just walking around the block one older couple who had rented for a month was telling me it's a "free country" and this is all ridiculous.
You did not read what I wrote. No one believes that the virus is not real. Its how bad will it get and what should be done about it is the question. Did your neighbors say the virus is not real? No, they are simply not panicking like you are. They believe there is an overreaction.
Quote:
Now, if your claim is that the people who believed that we'd have "15 and soon zero" or 100 cases are NOT skeptics...well, that's quite a low bar.
We are talking today 3/27/2020. Are there people saying this today. You are repeating was was said week ago. What is the point of that. They were wrong. No one is saying that now.

Quote:
I'd say one is a skeptic if they didn't think the USA would have the highest infection numbers in the world. One is a skeptic if they thought we had the resources to deal with this.

That is probably 30% of the population...adult population...mostly Republican (per polls) or leaning that way.
Of course it was obvious that the USA would have the most cases. We do not have the highest infection rate or death rate. And we may never have that. We have a much bigger population than any of the European countries. The fact that we have a slight lead over Italy but have 5.5 times the population tells you their infection rate is 5 times as high. The death rate is even higher.

Those facts do not make me a skeptic. I am just not going to run around and yell the sky is falling when it is not.

Last edited by Oklazona Bound; 03-27-2020 at 08:55 AM..

Old 03-27-2020, 08:21 AM

30,178 posts, read 11,815,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Doctors in Arizona have been told to stop testing people because there are insufficient supplies for testing. Also, I imagine, it makes our numbers look better so Gov. Ducey can continue to do nothing.

Do you have a link to that to back up your statement?

Old 03-27-2020, 08:23 AM

12,475 posts, read 9,560,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
For the love of god, Trump and his crew are not doing a great job! Last night he said the ventilators being requested are being blown out of proportion. This man needs to stop and talk about the facts or just shut up. People listen to him and think this isn’t as bad as it is because of his lies!
Yes, Donald Trump has repeatedly said that NYC hospitals don't need all these ventilators, they're exaggerating, everything's fine, he's been attacking them for it, in fact.

And the reality is that Americans have ALREADY been dying in NYC hospitals due to insufficient ventilators, and the caseload is going to get worse, MUCH worse!

For the love of God, people, DON'T listen to Donald Trump!!!

Old 03-27-2020, 08:25 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,590,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
Yes, Donald Trump has repeatedly said that NYC hospitals don't need all these ventilators, they're exaggerating, everything's fine, he's been attacking them for it, in fact.

And the reality is that Americans have ALREADY been dying in NYC hospitals due to insufficient ventilators, and the caseload is going to get worse, MUCH worse!

For the love of God, people, DON'T listen to Donald Trump!!!
The Federal Government's response to the crisis will ultimately be included in the "How to deal with a pandemic" manual as a warning and a test case for how things will go if you do everything the wrong way. Take it to the bank.

Old 03-27-2020, 08:27 AM

39,080 posts, read 51,252,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Do you have a link to that to back up your statement?
Yep.

https://www.12news.com/article/news/...6-db932432c80d

Old 03-27-2020, 08:35 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
People are calling out Trump/Pence on their BS.

https://twitter.com/RonaldKlain/stat...79883532783616
My states largest hospital system had to close drive thru testing for prescreened people, last week. They ran out of tests.

The National Guard is operating some sites and limiting tests to healthcare workers and first responders with symptoms. Police are guarding the perimeters. Tests are limited to 100-200 per day, per site.

Those with serious symptoms who are admitted to a hospital through an ER are being tested.

Old 03-27-2020, 08:36 AM

5,731 posts, read 2,195,632 times
Kathy Griffin just made an ass of herself again, they’re calling her the Jussie Smollett of corona now.

Old 03-27-2020, 08:38 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Oh stop with the partisan TDS hatemongering and divisiveness. There’s plenty of blame to go around with the Dems too — De Blasio actually told NYC residents to go to movies and to get out and live their regular lives, now NYC is the nation’s Covid hot spot.
Pelosi stalled the aid bill so she could load it up with RIDICULOUS democrat pork, your liberal media has been caught everyday multiple times spewing lies and fake news etc, etc, etc.

Focus on things that bring us together rather than divide —Trump and his crew are doing a great job, so is Cuomo as dem governor of NY.
I agree that deBlasio is an idiot especially about keeping the schools open. He cares about the students getting a meal, not about the students getting sick and bringing it home or the teachers getting in and bringing it home. I heard a LOT of complaining from Long Islanders who are city teachers that I knew in school. The same happens with snowed in openings too, so this is actually nothing new. It would be one thing if it is like Arizona and may only close school if the air conditioning doesn't work or there is a 1,000 year flood. New York has at least five built in snow days before it extends the school year. I know this from living on Long Island.

Democrats I did not like for the bailout/stimulus bill due to the means testing and not have it be money for all (and encourage those that don't need it to donate it.) I also didn't like how they didn't fight hard enough to have controls. There are some but not enough and most can be reversed by Mannucin. They allowed people to have $600 plus unemployment insurance and that is far more than low wage earners make in one week, let alone two.

As for mentioning TDS, you obviously red-pilled. How can you deflect blame from Trump?

Old 03-27-2020, 08:39 AM

11,337 posts, read 11,047,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
If he continues his Easter reopen plan, it will blow up in his face. Republicans like Trump Gov. DeSantis and Gov. Ducey, they all are downplaying the virus and thinking it won't get bad. Ducey has a bill on his desk to close the schools and won't sign it. DeSantis let spring break happen during a public health crisis and only closed the bars three days in. Trump he is letting New York City and other Metropolitan areas become third world countries due to the way hospitals are becoming. New York yesterday had to use a refrigerated trailer for dead bodies.

The fact is Trump did fall asleep at the wheel and downplayed the virus. He was briefed three months ago and only called it a bad flu and the new hoax (to take him down.) At this point it WILL take him down because he is showing the American public that he don't give two chits about them. He only cares about perception of handling a crisis. He has treated America like one of his failed businesses and it is time the board of directors (the American people) vote that SOB out.
Really, who cares? So we get Biden instead. Is there really any difference? Really? Frankly, I don’t care which one of them wins, because they are two sides of the same bad coin. So enjoy your TDS. I am fine with Trump winning again. I am fine with Biden also.

Just thank the effing stars we didn’t get Bernie the Commie or Pocahontas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies