Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2020, 07:52 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,712,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
There are no conronvirus skeptics. Everyone believes its a real thing. This is not climate change. But opinions by experts are all over the map as to how bad it will get.
Oh, you are very very very wrong. I have personally ran into a few...just walking around the block one older couple who had rented for a month was telling me it's a "free country" and this is all ridiculous.

Now, if your claim is that the people who believed that we'd have "15 and soon zero" or 100 cases are NOT skeptics...well, that's quite a low bar.

I'd say one is a skeptic if they didn't think the USA would have the highest infection numbers in the world. One is a skeptic if they thought we had the resources to deal with this.

That is probably 30% of the population...adult population...mostly Republican (per polls) or leaning that way.

Old 03-27-2020, 07:56 AM

52,803 posts, read 34,700,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastriver View Post
"New C.D.C. data shows that nearly 40 percent of patients sick enough to be hospitalized were age 20 to 54. But the risk of dying was significantly higher in older people."
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/18/h...ng-people.html

But in my post I accidentally wrote it wrong.
thanks. yes, that’s different from your original post.

Old 03-27-2020, 07:57 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,720,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Yes, OP, just continue to ignore how our hospitals are so overwhelmed that they are creating temporary tent shelters in their parking lots to house the sick.

Stupid health workers. Don't they realize all the dead and dying overflowing their hospitals right now are all a hoax?
I've been waiting for the claim of crisis actors!

Old 03-27-2020, 07:59 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,944,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
There are no conronvirus skeptics. Everyone believes its a real thing. This is not climate change. But opinions by experts are all over the map as to how bad it will get. And there is the economic component. Which some seem to think should not be considered. How many will die if we plunge into a great depression for a decade or more?

I think the correct word here is balance, not panic.
Did you read the entire piece?

Old 03-27-2020, 08:04 AM

13,513 posts, read 17,064,020 times
The right wing sights and blogs and twitter guys have sent out their marching orders to their band of ideological zombies:

"Praise Trump, ignore his initial reaction to the virus, attack Fauci, attack Cuomo, virus threat is exaggerated, f liberals"

Old 03-27-2020, 08:05 AM

12,047 posts, read 6,598,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
If he continues his Easter reopen plan, it will blow up in his face. Republicans like Trump Gov. DeSantis and Gov. Ducey, they all are downplaying the virus and thinking it won't get bad. Ducey has a bill on his desk to close the schools and won't sign it. DeSantis let spring break happen during a public health crisis and only closed the bars three days in. Trump he is letting New York City and other Metropolitan areas become third world countries due to the way hospitals are becoming. New York yesterday had to use a refrigerated trailer for dead bodies.

The fact is Trump did fall asleep at the wheel and downplayed the virus. He was briefed three months ago and only called it a bad flu and the new hoax (to take him down.) At this point it WILL take him down because he is showing the American public that he don't give two chits about them. He only cares about perception of handling a crisis. He has treated America like one of his failed businesses and it is time the board of directors (the American people) vote that SOB out.
Oh stop with the partisan TDS hatemongering and divisiveness. There’s plenty of blame to go around with the Dems too — De Blasio actually told NYC residents to go to movies and to get out and live their regular lives, now NYC is the nation’s Covid hot spot.
Pelosi stalled the aid bill so she could load it up with RIDICULOUS democrat pork, your liberal media has been caught everyday multiple times spewing lies and fake news etc, etc, etc.

Focus on things that bring us together rather than divide —Trump and his crew are doing a great job, so is Cuomo as dem governor of NY.

Old 03-27-2020, 08:08 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,101,460 times
People are calling out Trump/Pence on their BS.

https://twitter.com/RonaldKlain/stat...79883532783616

Old 03-27-2020, 08:11 AM

39,110 posts, read 51,351,497 times
Doctors in Arizona have been told to stop testing people because there are insufficient supplies for testing. Also, I imagine, it makes our numbers look better so Gov. Ducey can continue to do nothing.

Old 03-27-2020, 08:12 AM

5,731 posts, read 2,202,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
People are calling out Trump/Pence on their BS.

https://twitter.com/RonaldKlain/stat...79883532783616
I’m old enough to remember Deblasio tweeting to New Yorkers telling them to get out, go to the movies on March 2nd. Hindsight is always 20/20

Old 03-27-2020, 08:12 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,601,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Oh stop with the partisan TDS hatemongering and divisiveness. There’s plenty of blame to go around with the Dems too — De Blasio actually told NYC residents to go to movies and to get out and live their regular lives, now NYC is the nation’s Covid hot spot.
Pelosi stalled the aid bill so she could load it up with RIDICULOUS democrat pork, your liberal media has been caught everyday multiple times spewing lies and fake news etc, etc, etc.

Focus on things that bring us together rather than divide —Trump and his crew are doing a great job, so is Cuomo as dem governor of NYC.
Here's the thing, though: Most of our leaders, Trump and Cuomo included, were slow to take action. However, at the moment there is one group of leaders (Cuomo, DeWine [although he was actually more on top of the ball than anyone from the outset], Newsome, etc.) who recognized their mistakes and are doing everything in their power to make up for lost time while another group of leaders (Trump, DeSantis, Reeves, etc.) who are doubling down on their original mistakes for political reasons.

You want to tell me DeBlasio screwed up? I won't argue with you. There is plenty of blame to be passed around here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies