Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2020, 06:00 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,275,484 times

Advertisements

This thread proves to me that there are those that will be very disappointed when this thing is over. There are people that love misery, death and destruction.

I hate to break it to you OP, but things will probably go back to normal.

Sorry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2020, 06:04 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,583,782 times
I agree with the OP, I think social distancing is here to stay, and it will probably be more strictly enforced in the future.

I also agree with the OP, that society is not going back to normal after this...After listening to my state governor talk tonight, its about to get MUCH tougher in my state, with the 'stay at home order' coming next week. The global economy can only take so much of this, (I think the DOW is being artificially propped up), if the media gave out the TRUE stock market numbers right now, EVERYONE would panic, and there would be runs on the banks, ( I think its no higher than about 10,000 right now).

The federal govt and the states are trying as best they can to decrease the amount of panic, but they are really just kicking the can down the road another week or two, eventually the financial system is going to collapse, and everything else will fall like dominoes immediately after.

Im starting to get my stuff packed up and Im buying a nice hiking backpack this weekend...I think we are days away from our country being 'cooked'.

Old 03-26-2020, 06:06 PM

2,495 posts, read 866,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
This thread proves to me that there are those that will be very disappointed when this thing is over. There are people that love misery, death and destruction.

I hate to break it to you OP, but things will probably go back to normal.

Sorry.
A level of fear of the invisible has been thrown up the likes of which no one alive has ever seen. So effectively that everyone knows the drill.

Blue cities have made it known they take economic hostages, with an indeterminate timeline.

Normal is a long way off.

Old 03-26-2020, 06:09 PM

3,212 posts, read 1,651,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastriver View Post
A level of fear of the invisible has been thrown up the likes of which no one alive has ever seen. So effectively that everyone knows the drill.

Blue cities have made it known they take economic hostages, with an indeterminate timeline.

Normal is a long way off.
Red states are jumping on board.

Old 03-26-2020, 06:10 PM

20,027 posts, read 20,835,571 times
I've been social distancing my whole life.
This has been great because I've been totally getting socially distanced back. And if someone tries to talk to me now all I gotta do is cough or sniffle and they run!

Old 03-26-2020, 06:12 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,354,720 times
The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Old 03-26-2020, 06:13 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,739,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie53 View Post
one thing i hope lasts forever.......increased and more effective handwashing, then maybe there won't be so much e-coli on everything we touch and there will be far fewer cases of the common cold and flu.
amen!!!!!

Old 03-26-2020, 06:13 PM

2,495 posts, read 866,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlongTheI-5 View Post
Red states are jumping on board.
Red states are resisting withering haranguing from the New York Times.

The agenda overall is also sociopolitically exploitable by national and global power seekers, phenomena who know no historical cutoff. They have always been in the world; that it's 2020 might as well be the Dark Ages on a historical timeline.

Old 03-26-2020, 06:16 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,876,904 times
Americans are notorious for our short term memory. We will be right back to the old habits in no time.

Look no further than the hostage taking during the stimulus negotiations. Can someone please explain to me how 25 million, down from the original 35 million for the JFK center, has anything to do with the crisis?

Old 03-26-2020, 06:16 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,739,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
Ever notice how it's the liberals who are in panic mode,,,,? But it fits their life's narrative I guess......hand-wringers and whiners....
If I'm wringing my hands, it's because I'm in the middle of washing them. I'll let you tough guys/gals be responsible for spreading disease.

If that makes me a wuss, I'm good with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies