Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2020, 05:10 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,610,214 times

Advertisements

On the plus side, no more Hitler Youth rallies er I mean uh tRump rallies.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2020, 05:10 PM

18,498 posts, read 9,164,949 times
Hopefully we will have a better ability to test for the virus in the near future. That way we can quarantine those who have it (and close contacts) rather than everyone.

Old 03-26-2020, 05:18 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Social distancing is here to stay for much more than a few weeks. It will upend our way of life, in some ways forever.

To stop coronavirus we will need to radically change almost everything we do: how we work, exercise, socialize, shop, manage our health, educate our kids, take care of family members.

We all want things to go back to normal quickly. But what most of us have probably not yet realized—yet will soon—is that things won’t go back to normal after a few weeks, or even a few months. Some things never will.

In the short term, this will be hugely damaging to businesses that rely on people coming together in large numbers: restaurants, cafes, bars, nightclubs, gyms, hotels, theaters, cinemas, art galleries, shopping malls, craft fairs, museums, musicians and other performers, sporting venues (and sports teams), conference venues (and conference producers), cruise lines, airlines, public transportation, private schools, day-care centers. That’s to say nothing of the stresses on parents thrust into home-schooling their kids, people trying to care for elderly relatives without exposing them to the virus, people trapped in abusive relationships, and anyone without a financial cushion to deal with swings in income.

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/6...ing-18-months/

Interesting hypothesis..
One thing I hope lasts forever.......increased and more effective handwashing, then maybe there won't be so much e-coli on everything we touch and there will be far fewer cases of the common cold and flu.

Old 03-26-2020, 05:21 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Social distancing is here to stay for much more than a few weeks. It will upend our way of life, in some ways forever.

To stop coronavirus we will need to radically change almost everything we do: how we work, exercise, socialize, shop, manage our health, educate our kids, take care of family members.

We all want things to go back to normal quickly. But what most of us have probably not yet realized—yet will soon—is that things won’t go back to normal after a few weeks, or even a few months. Some things never will.

In the short term, this will be hugely damaging to businesses that rely on people coming together in large numbers: restaurants, cafes, bars, nightclubs, gyms, hotels, theaters, cinemas, art galleries, shopping malls, craft fairs, museums, musicians and other performers, sporting venues (and sports teams), conference venues (and conference producers), cruise lines, airlines, public transportation, private schools, day-care centers. That’s to say nothing of the stresses on parents thrust into home-schooling their kids, people trying to care for elderly relatives without exposing them to the virus, people trapped in abusive relationships, and anyone without a financial cushion to deal with swings in income.

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/6...ing-18-months/

Interesting hypothesis..
well the one thing this is proving is that we don't need brick and mortar schools....on line schooling is great, my kids love it, and I think they are learning more

Old 03-26-2020, 05:22 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Hopefully we will have a better ability to test for the virus in the near future. That way we can quarantine those who have it (and close contacts) rather than everyone.
I think with better testing, effective treatments once you have it and a preventative vaccine, we could get back to normal.

Except for hand washing.....let's keep THAT.

Old 03-26-2020, 05:25 PM

8,337 posts, read 2,966,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I really appreciate it if Democrats would social distance themselves from my money...
Comment of the day!

Old 03-26-2020, 05:31 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,729,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
On the plus side, no more Hitler Youth rallies er I mean uh tRump rallies.....
Just wait!! Now is the time to eradicate those on the side of wrong! Mr Trump should declare ML... the Military would rally to his cause it and replecate the Katyn Forest all across this country....The grass must be fed!!!

Old 03-26-2020, 05:35 PM

18,454 posts, read 8,282,661 times
baloney....we will be right back to normal as soon as the liberal media click bait wears out

Old 03-26-2020, 05:38 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,398,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I think with better testing, effective treatments once you have it and a preventative vaccine, we could get back to normal.

Except for hand washing.....let's keep THAT.
And the staying home when sick. With anything. That would also be a nice addition.

Old 03-26-2020, 05:39 PM

4,021 posts, read 1,799,670 times
Ever notice how it's the liberals who are in panic mode,,,,? But it fits their life's narrative I guess......hand-wringers and whiners....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies