Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2020, 10:38 AM

2,949 posts, read 1,356,368 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
This thread shows that America has lost her humanity. If she ever really had any to begin with, it's certainly long gone now with people here saying illegals aren't really human and should be left to die in the streets. So much for that shining city on the hill. Turns out America isn't all that exceptional after all.
Re that statement, I'm sure you're willing to give your vent or a vent to save one of your loved ones to an illegal, right Mr. or Ms. Humanity?

Old 03-30-2020, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
These posts are really getting ridiculous. We still have plenty of threads comparing this to the flu or saying we are over-reacting - by and large from Trump Supporters (BTW I am a conservative who thinks Trump is a horrible leader).

Perhaps we should give priority to Democrats because (by and large) they are ones who recognize the severity of this pandemic and are tying the hardest to do something about it ? Would that make sense ? Yea probably not.

BTW didn't Trump promise a wall and deportation for most (all) the illegals ? What's the status of those two promises or are they forgotten ?
Said a liberal.

Old 03-30-2020, 10:41 AM

Note to self, notice how no lefties have said they will give their ventilators to the illegals.

Old 03-30-2020, 10:43 AM

1,273 posts, read 1,640,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by self-made View Post
They scatter like rats. Shocking.
It was answered. Just cause you don’t like the answer?? I would give it to first in need with age in consideration. Do you want to split hairs and get totally ridiculous? 49.4 to something.

I used to “play this game” with teens with history of abuse and homelessness in therapy groups. They were terribly unforgiving toward cops as a whole due to negative experiences. I could give the cops all kinds of skills that would help the group ( this was a stranded on a desert island scenario) didn’t matter they would get rid of them. It led to great discussion and disclosure...which was the purpose of the “game” anyway. Their anger covered up a lot of pain. Makes me wonder here too.

Old 03-30-2020, 10:49 AM

1,273 posts, read 1,640,559 times
Quote:
Note to self, notice how no lefties have said they will give their ventilators to the illegals.
Was that the question? Honestly I thought I had answered that but I did edit several times. I would under under some circumstances....illegal or not wouldn’t matter. Child would have to do with it and status of my own child. You are an angry one.

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times
Quote:
Re that statement, I'm sure you're willing to give your vent or a vent to save one of your loved ones to an illegal, right Mr. or Ms. Humanity?
I have a son on a vent right now fighting for his life. You bet I'm grateful he got one. But he got it because he presented in need and one was available. If none were available it wouldn't have mattered if he was an illegal or not, there would be none to be had. That's a horrible truth of this pandemic.

But neither I nor my son nor anyone else is more "human" than people who don't happen to be American. An illegal woman who has kids is a real and valuable human to her children. You don't seem to agree. That's on you.

And no, I would not ask them to take my son off the ventilator to give it to an illegal. Nor would I ask them to take him off the vent to give to another American. And neither would you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinsey86 View Post
It was answered. Just cause you don’t like the answer?? I would give it to first in need with age in consideration. Do you want to split hairs and get totally ridiculous? 49.4 to something.

I used to “play this game” with teens with history of abuse and homelessness in therapy groups. They were terribly unforgiving toward cops as a whole due to negative experiences. I could give the cops all kinds of skills that would help the group ( this was a stranded on a desert island scenario) didn’t matter they would get rid of them. It led to great discussion and disclosure...which was the purpose of the “game” anyway. Their anger covered up a lot of pain. Makes me wonder here too.
Thank you for answering.

Re the bolded, even if you, or one of your loved ones, were one in consideration re who gets the vent?

Old 03-30-2020, 10:52 AM

23,999 posts, read 15,096,054 times
Quote:
Absolutely. It's only fair. They invite the illegals to enter and encourage them to remain in the US illegally.
How about the employers of illegals?

Should they be refused healthcare?

If an employer of illegals who made all their money using illegal labor and then donated huge sums of money to a political party have their donation returned to them before getting treatment?

How about treatment for politicians who took donations they knew came from the employment of illegals?

Old 03-30-2020, 10:53 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,377,888 times
The fact that this thread has gone this many pages is mind-boggling.

Old 03-30-2020, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
I have a son on a vent right now fighting for his life. You bet I'm grateful he got one. But he got it because he presented in need and one was available. If none were available it wouldn't have mattered if he was an illegal or not, there would be none to be had. That's a horrible truth of this pandemic.

But neither I nor my son nor anyone else is more "human" than people who don't happen to be American. An illegal woman who has kids is a real and valuable human to her children. You don't seem to agree. That's on you.

And no, I would not ask them to take my son off the ventilator to give it to an illegal. Nor would I ask them to take him off the vent to give to another American. And neither would you.
First, and as I said in my rep to you, I truly feel sadness that your son is ill and in threat of losing his life. I am hoping for his recovery to full health.

I understand you view. I simply do not agree with it.

You will not shame me into changing my mind, silence or submission to your views.

Americans, who were born here or become American citizens via our legal process, should receive the medical care they need, including vents, not illegals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies