Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2020, 08:43 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
As we start running out of ventilators, should priority be given to illegals over registered Democrats? Why or why not?

Hospital admissions for COVID-19 come from the ER.

ERs do not discriminate.

Most people do not carry proof of citizenship.

My birth certificate does not state the citizenship of my parents, both of whom were born at home as was common in those times.

Having 2 or more people in need of a single ventilator presents a serious dilemma. Sharing a ventilator compromises all patients.

So in the midst of a health crisis, let’s stop and require proof of citizenship, do a criminal background check, run FICO scores, require school transcripts, references from employers, tax returns, military records, verification of church attendance and demand recitation of the Pledge of Allegiance.

As a side, only 12 states have Closed Primaries- requiring a primary voter to preregistration by party.

Old 03-30-2020, 08:44 AM

2,949 posts, read 1,356,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
You’re saying that illegal aliens should get a ventilator ahead of a fellow, law-abiding American just because he voted for Trump? SMH.

As for me, I say that no illegal alien should get a ventilator until we have enough of a supply that ANY American, regardless of whom they voted for, can get one if he needs it. Remember.....the illegals should not be in this country in the first place, and the idea that an American suffocates to death so an illegal can get a ventilator, is disgraceful.
Bravo! Agree.

Can't rep you or would have. Well done, Rachel976.

Old 03-30-2020, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jams14 View Post
human beings that present to a hospital unable to breathe should be treated regardless of their immigration status. Show a little humanity for a change.

Americans first!

Old 03-30-2020, 08:47 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,451,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Hospital admissions for COVID-19 come from the ER.

ERs do not discriminate.

Most people do not carry proof of citizenship.

My birth certificate does not state the citizenship of my parents, both of whom were born at home as was common in those times.

Having 2 or more people in need of a single ventilator presents a serious dilemma. Sharing a ventilator compromises all patients.

So in the midst of a health crisis, let’s stop and require proof of citizenship, do a criminal background check, run FICO scores, require school transcripts, references from employers, tax returns, military records, verification of church attendance and demand recitation of the Pledge of Allegiance.
You missed SS number. How come? How about e-verify?

Old 03-30-2020, 08:48 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,510,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
No, that's not what this thread is about. This thread is posing a question about whether politicians who favor illegals over citizens are going to prioritize scarce medical resources the same way. How about illegals over the homeless? How about illegals over veterans?

Right now, Mexico closed their borders with us because they value the health of their citizens. If the same choice had to be made in Mexico, does a Mexican get the last medical advice or does an illegal in their country get it, what do you think would happen?

"We are all people and we all deserve medical care regardless of our political leanings."

Your above statement is at odds with your last post.

My stance is this, in America, Americans of all stripes deserve priority for needed medical devices and care over ALL illegals aliens. And that includes people who have overstayed their visas and every other loophole that allows illegals to stay in our country. To me, our citizenship means something and leftist politicians don't share that view.
Absolutely!

What I find infuriating is that leftists feel they are morally superior by saying that people in this country illegally are as equally entitled to a ventilator even when that means an honest American will die. I reiterate: when we have adequate supply for Americans, then and only then should we provide them for illegals. Not ONE American should have to sacrifice his life so that an illegal alien can be saved.

17,804 posts, read 13,708,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
Machines and legal immigrants

I had to explain to my boomer parents that just because someone speaks Spanish doesn’t mean they are an illegal....
Not surprising. But not necessarily because they are boomers.

Quote:
What I find infuriating is that leftists feel they are morally superior by saying that people in this country illegally are as equally entitled to a ventilator even when that means an honest American will die. I reiterate: when we have adequate supply for Americans, then and only then should we provide them for illegals. Not ONE American should have to sacrifice his life so that an illegal alien can be saved.
I think you are the type of person we should pay to watch those illegals and make sure they don't get any illegal medical care.

Quote:
Show a little humanity for the Americans who will die because illegals are taking ventilators.

That’s the whole problem with leftists. They have no trouble with the idea that in a scenario where Americans need ventilators to breathe, they will die because people who broke into this country will get them instead.
Preach it!!!!

Come on lefties, give up your vent to your illegal buddies.

Old 03-30-2020, 08:49 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,510,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by self-made View Post
Bravo! Agree.

Can't rep you or would have. Well done, Rachel976.
Thank you.

Old 03-30-2020, 08:51 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times
Quote:
Show a little humanity for the Americans who will die because illegals are taking ventilators.

That’s the whole problem with leftists. They have no trouble with the idea that in a scenario where Americans need ventilators to breathe, they will die because people who broke into this country will get them instead.
And there you go again, with the "leftists this" and "leftists that." And with your completely merit-less arguments. No "leftist" wants anyone to die from lack of a ventilator.

But Trumpists sure are hoping many, many undocumented workers die, aren't you? <--See, that's the same specious argument you are making regarding "leftists" not caring about Americans, and I'm certain you'll deny it's true. But you certainly have no problem making these same phony arguments about the left every chance you get.

Your posts prove, over and over again, that you have no understanding of the concept of humanity. I sincerely hope that all the Americans around the world who are stuck in other countries aren't being denied care because they're not natives to the country. I bet you would be outraged to discover they were being put out in the street to die, but you have no qualms about doing that to people here.

Illegals are not human beings to you. Go look up the word humanity and then try to convince yourself that you have even a drop of humanity in your being whatsoever.

Old 03-30-2020, 08:54 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,548,997 times
Quote:
You’re saying that illegal aliens should get a ventilator ahead of a fellow, law-abiding American just because he voted for Trump? SMH.

As for me, I say that no illegal alien should get a ventilator until we have enough of a supply that ANY American, regardless of whom they voted for, can get one if he needs it. Remember.....the illegals should not be in this country in the first place, and the idea that an American suffocates to death so an illegal can get a ventilator, is disgraceful.

But not so much to one who promotes conservative genocide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies