Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2020, 09:51 PM
JRR

8,166 posts, read 5,664,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
People, let’s focus here.

Based on how things are going, this scenario will be inevitable. So who gets the ventilator?
If push comes to shove; whoever has the best chance of surviving with the help of the ventilator. Do you really think that the medical community is going to ask to see a patient's voter registration card or proof of citizenship or legality before deciding the treatment for them?

Old 03-29-2020, 09:52 PM

2,949 posts, read 1,356,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
How about legal immigrants? My Ma has been here with a green card since 1973 and paid taxes since 1974...or 1973 if you count her then husband. Later paid taxes on Silicon Valley wages. How is ignoring illegals going to help? As I said, I don’t think this respects immigration status, or your feelings about illegals. Address the immediate problem first, sort out more peripheral problems later.
Look, I mean no disrespect to you, at all.

That said, I am going to state my position on this issue, clear as I can. I believe an American citizen should live and let an illegal die. I, like the OP, think we will get to a point where medical people have to make a decision re who lives and who dies. I want our Americans to live!

I have no shame in saying I want our American citizens to live and the illegals to die!

Old 03-29-2020, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckykitty View Post
But, it is political. Period.

Just to let you know we lived in TX for years, back in the day. The Woodlands. We live in Montgomery County MD for family reasons, now. Pray for us. Thanks.
Ding, ding, ding.......

Old 03-29-2020, 09:56 PM

4,511 posts, read 1,866,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
If push comes to shove; whoever has the best chance of surviving with the help of the ventilator. Do you really think that the medical community is going to ask to see a patient's voter registration card or proof of citizenship or legality before deciding the treatment for them?
So somebody can invade this country, mooch off the government for years while not paying any taxes, and then when they get Coronavirus they receive lifesaving medical care at no cost to them while one of your family members dies alone in a tent out in the parking lot.....and you have no problem with this?

Old 03-29-2020, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
I am sure our friends on the left would gladly give up their own ventilator to help a troubled refugee from another country. Right, libs?
Sure. They're being awfully quiet, though.

It's spineless of them to not stand by their "convictions" and, instead, let us die for their "cause" because they have dogmatically forced the illegals on us.

Old 03-29-2020, 09:58 PM

4,511 posts, read 1,866,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.W.Gurley View Post
How about ventilators for Russians over trumpists? trump DID get on national tv and believed Putin over his own intelligence agency. There are photos of trumpists at his rallies with shirts saying they would, “rather be a Russian than a democrat (which IS an American)”.
Hahaha I love the desperation!

RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA!!!!!

Old 03-29-2020, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
Them doctor-type people are pretty smart; they can give it an educated guess.

Old 03-29-2020, 10:00 PM

17,642 posts, read 6,918,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
Hahaha I love the desperation!

RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA!!!!!
At this point the Russians are acting more like Americans than U.S. liberals, at least the ones who are politicizing this - which is most of them.

8,504 posts, read 4,747,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by self-made View Post
Look, I mean no disrespect to you, at all.

That said, I am going to state my position on this issue, clear as I can. I believe an American citizen should live and let an illegal die. I, like the OP, think we will get to a point where medical people have to make a decision re who lives and who dies. I want our Americans to live!

I have no shame in saying I want our American citizens to live and the illegals to die!
Peripherally, I guess I can see where you’re coming from. There might be a time when prioritizing patients comes into play. I’m not a doctor, but I don’t think the Hippocratic Oath looks at any of that. And I doubt providers have access to, or care about immigration status. They’re always going to prioritize by need. The nature of our insurance will be the best guarantor of what you’d prefer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.W.Gurley View Post
How about ventilators for Russians over trumpists? trump DID get on national tv and believed Putin over his own intelligence agency. There are photos of trumpists at his rallies with shirts saying they would, “rather be a Russian than a democrat (which IS an American)”.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies