Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2020, 07:47 AM

15,850 posts, read 6,551,421 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
Since you feel there are hardly any of them, certainly you will be ok with them getting priority over any registered Democrat?
Your conclusion does not follow. I think they should just follow the established triage procedure, rather than potentially wasting days and letting people die trying to verify residency.

Old 03-30-2020, 07:51 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,307,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
As we start running out of ventilators, should priority be given to illegals over registered Democrats? Why or why not?
What a dumb question. Why would you choose any human over another due to their political party. The only person suggesting that is POTUS, and we know his track record....

By this reasoning: As we run out of hospital beds, should we also give priority to everyone over Registered republicans, if someone gets shot and needs a bed? (No, we shouldn't)

Old 03-30-2020, 08:20 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,080,699 times
Trump supporters should be at the bottom of the list for ventilators. After all, the whole response to this pandemic is a blown up hoax to make Trump look bad. Suck it up. Trumpsters! The numbers will be down to zero soon. Don't make your hero look bad by succumbing to the need for a vent as your hero is trying to convince everybody this is not a big deal.

Put your lives where your mouths are.

MAGAvirus!
/sarc

Last edited by JAMS14; 03-30-2020 at 09:12 AM..

Old 03-30-2020, 08:21 AM

2,949 posts, read 1,356,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Maybe no ventilators for any politician (Republican or Democrat) that take bribes (aka campaign contributions) from companies that hire illegals?
I agree with this too.

Old 03-30-2020, 08:26 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,450,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Trump supporters should be at the bottom of the list for ventilators. After all, the whole response to this pandemic is a blown up hoax to make Trump look bad. Suck it up. Trumpsters! The numbers will be down to zero soon. Don't make your hero look bad by succumbing to the need for a vent as your hero is trying to convince everybody this is not a big deal.

MAGAvirus!
I'm a Trump supporter who wished you and your family well when you said the virus had touched your family. A few of us did. Wow.

Old 03-30-2020, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
I'm a Trump supporter who wished you and your family well when you said the virus had touched your family. A few of us did. Wow.
This thread is about trying to deny people like my son a ventilator because he is a liberal. My response is sarcasm meant to point out how terrible that sentiment is. I don't wish anyone else to have to deal with this horror, but the OP sure doesn't care about my son or anyone else who disagrees with him politically. I find that abhorrent. We are all people and we all deserve medical care regardless of our political leanings.

I appreciate your well wishes, but seeing a thread like this at a moment like this makes me furious.

Old 03-30-2020, 08:31 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,508,176 times
Quote:

MAGAvirus!
You’re saying that illegal aliens should get a ventilator ahead of a fellow, law-abiding American just because he voted for Trump? SMH.

As for me, I say that no illegal alien should get a ventilator until we have enough of a supply that ANY American, regardless of whom they voted for, can get one if he needs it. Remember.....the illegals should not be in this country in the first place, and the idea that an American suffocates to death so an illegal can get a ventilator, is disgraceful.

Old 03-30-2020, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
You’re saying that illegal aliens should get a ventilator ahead of a fellow, law-abiding American just because he voted for Trump? SMH.

As for me, I say that no illegal alien should get a ventilator until we have enough of a supply that ANY American, regardless of whom they voted for, can get one if he needs it. Remember.....the illegals should not be in this country in the first place, and the idea that an American suffocates to death so an illegal can get a ventilator, is disgraceful.
Human beings that present to a hospital unable to breathe should be treated regardless of their immigration status. Show a little humanity for a change.

Old 03-30-2020, 08:38 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,508,176 times
Quote:
Human beings that present to a hospital unable to breathe should be treated regardless of their immigration status. Show a little humanity for a change.
Show a little humanity for the Americans who will die because illegals are taking ventilators.

That’s the whole problem with leftists. They have no trouble with the idea that in a scenario where Americans need ventilators to breathe, they will die because people who broke into this country will get them instead.

Old 03-30-2020, 08:41 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,450,992 times
Quote:
This thread is about trying to deny people like my son a ventilator because he is a liberal. My response is sarcasm meant to point out how terrible that sentiment is. I don't wish anyone else to have to deal with this horror, but the OP sure doesn't care about my son or anyone else who disagrees with him politically. I find that abhorrent. We are all people and we all deserve medical care regardless of our political leanings.

I appreciate your well wishes, but seeing a thread like this at a moment like this makes me furious.
No, that's not what this thread is about. This thread is posing a question about whether politicians who favor illegals over citizens are going to prioritize scarce medical resources the same way. How about illegals over the homeless? How about illegals over veterans?

Right now, Mexico closed their borders with us because they value the health of their citizens. If the same choice had to be made in Mexico, does a Mexican get the last medical device or does an illegal in their country get it, what do you think would happen?

"We are all people and we all deserve medical care regardless of our political leanings."

Your above statement is at odds with your last post.

My stance is this, in America, Americans of all stripes deserve priority for needed medical devices and care over ALL illegals aliens. And that includes people who have overstayed their visas and every other loophole that allows illegals to stay in our country. To me, our citizenship means something and leftist politicians don't share that view.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies