Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2020, 01:51 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by switchtoecig View Post
I am making too much sense for you. But it doesn't matter. I write for the people on the fence and also for those who might be too busy to look at the numbers the way I'm doing it. So, feel free to continue throwing sentences from the 18 century document describing general terms in a general way with a convoluted syntax. Subject to various interpretations as the times change. That makes you look smart. Yeah.
That's why people get shot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2020, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
The actions of these wandering disease vectors will most likely be killing off elderly who didn't even have a chance to make an informed choice whether to interact with Typhoid Mary or not. Where's their consent?

When your actions endanger others, you're the violent one.

I don't care if you're the world's greatest grenade juggler, BentBow. If you decide to juggle grenades around my loved ones, I will stop you, with as much violence as needed, and I will not give a second thought to your consent.
Everyone has choices in life....
Promoting the general welfare, does not involve violence. People in the USA get to make their own choices. I don't get to choose for you. Would you want me choosing for you?

Old 03-31-2020, 01:58 PM

46,963 posts, read 26,005,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I don't get to choose for you. Would you want me choosing for you?
If you jam yourself into a crowd while there's a pandemic happening, you are choosing - for everyone.

Alternately, you could put your comfort behind your fellow man's life, but let's not set unrealistic goals.

Old 03-31-2020, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
If you jam yourself into a crowd while there's a pandemic happening, you are choosing - for everyone.

Alternately, you could put your comfort behind your fellow man's life, but let's not set unrealistic goals.
Why would there be crowds if the government is promoting Social Distancing?
People have to choose to join in with or become a crowd. They are not forced.
Are they being informed? Are they being warned of the potential consequences?
Or are the Authoritarians just saying NO, or I will commit violence upon your person?

Old 03-31-2020, 02:07 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,597,574 times
Quote:
Anytime a government body place their boot on your throat for exercising your GOD given rights....Tyranny is abound.

I see this going to the Supreme Courts, with a YUGE payday for the pastor.
This is not China, the old USSR, or Cuba. This is the USA, where people are free from government oppression, with the right to withdraw consent at any moment.
YOU ain't no one's PROPERTY, unless you yourself consent. You cannot consent for me and I cannot consent for you.
I can tell you didn't listen to the whole video. Both the lawyer, AND the pastors explained why it was not only constitutional, but also theologically right for the churches to be closed.

You are living in a dream world if you think the USA is the epitome of freedom. I have much more freedom in Canada (personal experience in both countries) and Europeans have much more rights than Americans. But keep believing your American exceptionalism. Other than guns and expenses on the military, and currently, GDP, which it will quickly lose, and not only because of Covid-19, there isn't a measure that the US leads in.

Not the freedom index, not the happiness index, not any health index, not in longevity, not in the ease of doing business, not in any of them.

Reality sucks, but it is better to recognize it than to play ostrich.

Old 03-31-2020, 02:08 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,597,574 times
Quote:
God is exempt from the corporations contracts.
The County is a corporation, that has NO JURISDICTION over God.
Before accepting your assertion, you first need to prove there is a god. Go ahead, I'll use your method to convince myself.

Old 03-31-2020, 02:08 PM

35,704 posts, read 21,070,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
Yes, those fools in Florida will do anything.
Unfortunately there are churches who hinder anyone thinking for themselves- its called spiritual bondage. Many folks don't understand that it happens in the Christian faith and only think its practiced in full force in the Islamic or other religions. This was a great example of how its imbedded in the Christian world. The pastor also told his flock no to talk to anyone- because they wanted to shut down the church. Key point -> keep your mouths shut! Run from this church people.

Old 03-31-2020, 02:13 PM

934 posts, read 403,158 times
Quote:
That's why people get shot.
What are you talking about?

Old 03-31-2020, 02:17 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,099,287 times
Quote:
God is exempt from the corporations contracts.
The County is a corporation, that has NO JURISDICTION over God.
God may be as you view it but the church is not. They are a business, corporation which has obligations in the community in which operate. They have permits and tax obligations and tax-exemptions all factors that apply to a business.

So your right God himself is exempt from the jurisdiction but the earth bound administration is not.

Old 03-31-2020, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Florida. Again.

I guess rules don't apply to them, yet they will probably be the biggest criers if they get infected.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fl...X2Mjk6VlnIPvJg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXxXHYHbPQY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QItiySXgdCA

Corona Kung Flu is not the deadliest thing imported from China.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies