Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2020, 08:36 AM

7,826 posts, read 2,730,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
We will all be paying for Trump's deficit and waste of a bull market for years and years to come. Just like we did for "W" Bush.

BTW - like him or not - Clinton was the last president to actually run a balanced budget. He left the country (and the world) in very good shape.

Also no Sanders supporter I know would vote for Trump - not vote at all sure they all seem to hate the POTUS.
The one's that do vote Trump will be much smaller than in 16. Only the zealots.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2020, 08:44 AM

24,005 posts, read 15,096,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Not surprising. Sanders voters, like Trump voters, want something different than insider Washington politics as usual. I would bet that nearly all Ross Perot voters are Trump voters.
I was a huge Perot supporter who will not be voting for Trump. I circulated petitions to get him on the ballot.

IMO, many of the Sanders and Trump voters never took a civics class. Had they done that, they'd be looking for another candidate.

Neither Sanders, Trump or Biden should be on the ballot. This is the first time in all my years of voting in every election from school board to POTUS I will not vote in that race.

Old 03-31-2020, 08:45 AM

52,291 posts, read 52,723,379 times
I just can't see 15% of Sanders votes going to Trump. Biden and Sanders are much closer in terms of policy and world views.

Last edited by Chowhound; 03-31-2020 at 09:21 AM..

Old 03-31-2020, 08:47 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,561,248 times
I could see it being higher than that honestly.

Old 03-31-2020, 08:49 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,275,650 times
Quote:
Not surprising. Sanders voters, like Trump voters, want something different than insider Washington politics as usual. I would bet that nearly all Ross Perot voters are Trump voters.
I think I read that about 15% of Bernie supporters voted for Trump in 2016.

Old 03-31-2020, 08:54 AM

24,005 posts, read 15,096,054 times
Quote:
I can actually understand Sanders supporters/voters, even though I do not agree with their positions.

A vote for Biden is a vote for a corrupt Washington insider who will continue with "business as usual" in Washington.

Biden has already shown that he can be bought by foreign governments, which does not bode well for the nation. As with Clinton, such actions can have long lasting consequences for the nation. We will be paying for generations for the mistakes of NAFTA and China trade policies, as well as the diversion of military secrets to the Chinese.
You do understand that NAFTA negotiating started with Reagan and was completed by H. By the time Clinton was elected it was a done deal. Clinton could have listened to Perot and not signed it.

If there is a contest between which POTUS candidate can be bought, don't forget the Trump family.

Americans could resolve this trade issue today. If they really thought it was not fair, then don't buy products that are not made in the USA. IMO, American want cheap. They don't give a damn if the product they want was made by slaves or uses material that was mined or made by children. This trade issue is used by politicians as a wedge issue. The 1/3 of us who don't vote really don't care. And most voters just want cheap.

It was American companies agreeing to terms set by the countries they wanted to do business in who also gave away secrets.

Old 03-31-2020, 08:56 AM

7,826 posts, read 2,730,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
I think I read that about 15% of Bernie supporters voted for Trump in 2016.
It was about 12%....the real question is going to be Suburban Moms who traditionally lean GOP. They would offset the Bernie Bros defections. That is the calculation the DNC made...we will see if comes through. You can say one thing about Suburban Moms....they actually show up and vote.

Old 03-31-2020, 09:03 AM

5,047 posts, read 6,350,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
If this poll is accurate the only thing the Dims can do now to win. Is Use the corona virus scare to purposely crash the Economy.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ll/2936124001/
You only ever bring up polls when they support you. Why? I thought we established they were totally untrustworthy during the 2016 election?

Old 03-31-2020, 09:04 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,590,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
It was about 12%....the real question is going to be Suburban Moms who traditionally lean GOP. They would offset the Bernie Bros defections. That is the calculation the DNC made...we will see if comes through. You can say one thing about Suburban Moms....they actually show up and vote.
There was a study out a few weeks ago that determined that Sanders would have to increase under-30 turnout by 130% compared to Obama in 2008 (taking into account population growth) just to offset the suburban voter losses that would occur if Sanders was the nominee over Biden. As we have seen, there is no indication that Bernie is capable of turning out those types of numbers. The under-30 crowd had the chance to carry Bernie to victory over Biden but failed to show up. There is no reason to suspect Bernie was going to get that group to turn out in November either.

If Bernie supporters cared about his agenda rather than simply taking part of a cult of personality, they would do everything they could to get Biden in office and retake the Senate because otherwise McConnell and/or Trump will block every proposal he makes.

Old 03-31-2020, 09:04 AM

5,047 posts, read 6,350,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Biden's not far behind her either.
President Trump's only 4 years behind Biden, and Biden has an overwhelming health advantage of not being morbidly obese from constant hamberder consumption.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies