Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2020, 06:22 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,119,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
I would add, sometimes the old people hate the young people because of their lack of respect for rules.
Because sometimes the rules are archaic and need to be changed...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2020, 06:29 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,835,754 times
Young people are jealous of the accumulated wealth of old people.

Old people are jealous of the "years" young people have left.

This is not anything new.

Old 03-31-2020, 07:09 PM

558 posts, read 338,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
This current pandemic has many young people posting on online forums like this one , that old people should not be given preferential treatment, but instead treat the young.
Others, and one on this site, states medicare, and ss will save billions if the old people die of this virus.
Where did all this hatred of old people come from?
Do they not realize one day they will be old.
Do they not realize that it was these older people that once gave them life, and in many cases a very good life?

Where does all this hatred of old people come from?
Here is your draft card. And a one way ticket to Vietnam. One puff and go to jail.

Old 03-31-2020, 07:27 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,769,355 times
If one has done some work on themselves and "evolved" to a good person of good character, there is no jealousy...geeeezzzz

Being one of the older society, I see some heavy duty disrespectful people on this forum and some others, in real life, NO.

Old 03-31-2020, 07:30 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,769,355 times
Quote:
This current pandemic has many young people posting on online forums like this one , that old people should not be given preferential treatment, but instead treat the young.
Others, and one on this site, states medicare, and ss will save billions if the old people die of this virus.
Where did all this hatred of old people come from?
Do they not realize one day they will be old.
Do they not realize that it was these older people that once gave them life, and in many cases a very good life?

Where does all this hatred of old people come from?
The word hate is used so much in today's generation. I hear haters and many hate words. Not in my generation.

Old 03-31-2020, 07:32 PM

6,120 posts, read 4,612,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I agree to an extent, at least on here they call them whiners, snowflakes and what not. I hope all young and old alike recover from this terrible plague - but I pray even more it unite us and NOT divide us even more. I am not in favor of control freaks - not all people are
This is true. If young people are hating on and being condescending towards older people, it's not nearly as rampant, at least on this forum. To give one example, some of the "snowflake" comments regarding the "March for our Lives" youth after the Parkland tragedy were unbelievably disrespectful towards young people, representing the very vilest of the worst among older people. I would like to think there are more people who want it to bring unity. It's just that some of the exceptions to this tend to be very vocal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
Don't based your thoughts on how people think about others on forum posts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Anonymous people post the darnedest things to online forums. Ignore it.
As these two posts (above) correctly say, I wouldn't base my belief about older people or younger people on what some nasty people in either group say in an online forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
I would add, sometimes the old people hate the young people because of their lack of respect for rules.
I would say that the reasons for young people not respecting "the rules" (a blanket issue) could be because they don't respect what they need to have respect for. But it could also be that "the rules" were written by the more selfish group of older people to protect their best interests and throw the younger generation under the bus. Since older people typically have more established political power (they vote more and serve in public office at much higher rates), it's not too unreasonable to think they pass legislation that serves their demographic much more favorably instead of all the people they're supposed to be representing. Again, this doesn't represent all older people, just the ones who act selfishly, which any age is prone to do.

Old 03-31-2020, 07:36 PM

13,620 posts, read 4,937,539 times
This a strawman thread if I ever saw one. Starting with a false premise - that young people hate old people - with no supporting evidence. What are you trying to stir up here?

I've been seeing so many of these bogus threads lately, just trying get two groups to fight online: black vs white Dem vs GOP, Christian vs atheist. Now young vs old? I'm beginning to believe these really are Russian trolls trying to divide our country.

Old 03-31-2020, 08:04 PM

35,711 posts, read 21,076,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchisedog View Post
Baby boomers created all time, great music. Better than anything millennials can give us.

At least from an entertainment side.

Hell Gen Xers as well. The lack of great music from millennials isn't what I would hold against them.
See. There it is. - you give no credit to great minds and skills of the other generations- here’s where it starts.

Old 03-31-2020, 08:09 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,595,985 times
Generally speaking the world as we currently we know it revolves around boomers and women, so if you're a younger person you are generally on the other side of that fence. Particularly if you are younger and male because generally you are not going to see eye to eye on a lot of things with boomers and women, which explains a lot of the demonizing of younger men, particularly white heterosexual ones.

Old 03-31-2020, 08:18 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,053,026 times
Quote:

...... Where does all this hatred of old people come from?

I think it's just loser's resentment because of a sense of self-centered "me first" entitlement. I do NOT think all young people feel that way about elders, just some of them who are greedy corner cutters. I believe that those who do say those things are resentful because they don't have what older people have and are entitled to. The losers want it, they think they deserve it for themselves without putting in the hard work and years of experience to earn it. There have been people like that throughout all of history. Basically they are criminals at heart with no respect for anyone else.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies