Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2020, 06:40 AM

1,086 posts, read 441,938 times

Advertisements

Many models had assumed 1.5-2 million people dead, even factoring in full social distancing. Various hysterics on this board were saying half the country would be wiped out.

But one strong, decisive leader stood up and said " not on my watch".

Like that u2 song

" one man come in the name of love,"

Donald John Trump

Old 04-07-2020, 06:42 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacommonwealth View Post
Many models had assumed 1.5-2 million people dead, even factoring in full social distancing. Various hysterics on this board were saying half the country would be wiped out.

Like that u2 song

Donald John Trump
Not many models assumed 1.5-2 million dead in the USA. And Trump isn't social distancing. I am.

He didn't do anything for me.

I don't believe anyone said half the country would be dead.

And is it all done. No more are dying?

Old 04-07-2020, 06:45 AM

5,069 posts, read 2,176,538 times
Thank goodness the President is saving us! Especially for those of us in Illinois who have a Governor who does nothing at all for us. JB is too busy finding new ways to take our money from us now when we need it the most and expecting the President of America to do his job for him when it comes to this virus

Old 04-07-2020, 06:49 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,280,259 times
Trump is not a hero here. Nor is he the cause. He's been mediocre at best dealing with this. But to be fair, in our lifetimes no POTUS has ever dealt with a pandemic, so there isn't any benchmark to judge him against. I think there is a better chance that some who liked Trump before Covid-19 might feel lesser about him, and those who didn't like him before the virus will dislike him as much if not more than before. I'd be hard pressed to believe that he would get prior detractors to all of the sudden be by his side due solely to his response to this pandemic.

Old 04-07-2020, 07:04 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,721,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
Trump is not a hero here. Nor is he the cause. He's been mediocre at best dealing with this. But to be fair, in our lifetimes no POTUS has ever dealt with a pandemic, so there isn't any benchmark to judge him against. I think there is a better chance that some who liked Trump before Covid-19 might feel lesser about him, and those who didn't like him before the virus will dislike him as much if not more than before. I'd be hard pressed to believe that he would get prior detractors to all of the sudden be by his side due solely to his response to this pandemic.
I don't think this Lady was a Trump Fan last year....

https://nypost.com/2020/04/07/michig...aved-her-life/

Old 04-07-2020, 07:08 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,448,433 times
Quote:

Like that u2 song

Donald John Trump
Good point VA. Lets use that to our advantage.

Old 04-07-2020, 07:09 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Not many models assumed 1.5-2 million dead in the USA. And Trump isn't social distancing. I am.

He didn't do anything for me.

I don't believe anyone said half the country would be dead.

And is it all done. No more are dying?
Trump has a country to run !!! You don't !!!

Trying to run Trump into the ground is not helpful when he is and has saved a lot of lives, even democrat lives !!!

https://www.foxnews.com/media/karen-...-saved-my-life

Old 04-07-2020, 07:11 AM

30,355 posts, read 19,128,594 times
Quote:

Like that u2 song

Donald John Trump
Great point! Trump is the leader we needed in this terrible crisis and will lead us through to its end.

Old 04-07-2020, 07:12 AM

11,221 posts, read 8,292,938 times
Quote:

Like that u2 song

Donald John Trump

What is your baseline?

If he had started taking this seriously when everyone else did, he would have saved a lot more lives, so you could count how many he has cost us.

But if you set your baseline as to when he (finally) started being an effective follower, rather than a misinformed, disruptive "leader", then yeah, he's come around and saved some lives compared to the trajectory he was on.

I wish he had done better in the beginning, but I'm glad he's finally coming around. Still don't like him, and still think he could be doing a much better job, but certainly he's doing better than HE was doing a month or two ago.

Old 04-07-2020, 07:16 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
What is your baseline?

If he had started taking this seriously when everyone else did, he would have saved a lot more lives, so you could count how many he has cost us.

But if you set your baseline as to when he (finally) started being an effective follower, rather than a misinformed, disruptive "leader", then yeah, he's come around and saved some lives compared to the trajectory he was on.

I wish he had done better in the beginning, but I'm glad he's finally coming around. Still don't like him, and still think he could be doing a much better job, but certainly he's doing better than HE was doing a month or two ago.
Trump was the first to act against the virus !!! Dispute that if you can and drop the BS !!!

When did any democrat leader do anything before Trump acted ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies