Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2020, 07:19 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,088,583 times

Advertisements

I thank God for Dr. Fauci, he single-handedly has saved America.

Fauci was literally the first person we heard the term "social distancing" from during this pandemic, and it appears to be working hear in America.

Donald Trump was the idiot who wanted churches to reopen on Easter Sunday, which is five days from now. We are approaching 1,000 deaths a day now in the US, and Trump wanted to reopen the USA in five days. Moron.

Thank you, Dr. Fauci. He's been with NIH for 37 years, a career government public health official. He's the expert and he's the one who helped save American lives.

"Social distancing" started with Fauci.

Old 04-07-2020, 07:19 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,560,296 times
The local response is far more important. There is very little credit or blame for Trump when it comes to this natural disaster. Most local leaders outside of NY have done a very good job and deserve the praise for it.

Old 04-07-2020, 07:20 AM

2,911 posts, read 1,360,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacommonwealth View Post
Many models had assumed 1.5-2 million people dead, even factoring in full social distancing. Various hysterics on this board were saying half the country would be wiped out.

But one strong, decisive leader stood up and said " not on my watch".

Like that u2 song

" one man come in the name of love,"

Donald John Trump
Not Trump. Governors Inslee and many others. Trump was too busy telling people everything was fine and golfing. I know that, you know that, we all know that. But for people with full-blown cases of TDS it hurts too much to admit the truth so you make up stories to make your hero look good.

Old 04-07-2020, 07:22 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,450,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Trump was the first to act against the virus !!! Dispute that if you can and drop the BS !!!

When did any democrat leader do anything before Trump acted ?
Answer: Not a thing. They were too busy trying to impeach him. Still are.

Old 04-07-2020, 07:22 AM

5,209 posts, read 4,673,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacommonwealth View Post
Many models had assumed 1.5-2 million people dead, even factoring in full social distancing. Various hysterics on this board were saying half the country would be wiped out.

But one strong, decisive leader stood up and said " not on my watch".

Like that u2 song

" one man come in the name of love,"

Donald John Trump
By your logic, the fact Trump didn't launch nukes and start WW3 also saved countless American lives.

Old 04-07-2020, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry-Koala View Post
Not Trump. Governors Inslee and many others. Trump was too busy telling people everything was fine and golfing. I know that, you know that, we all know that. But for people with full-blown cases of TDS it hurts too much to admit the truth so you make up stories to make your hero look good.
This is a big pile of the stinky stuff.

Old 04-07-2020, 07:24 AM

13,601 posts, read 4,936,071 times
This:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
I thank God for Dr. Fauci, he single-handedly has saved America.

Fauci was literally the first person we heard the term "social distancing" from during this pandemic, and it appears to be working hear in America.

Donald Trump was the idiot who wanted churches to reopen on Easter Sunday, which is five days from now. We are approaching 1,000 deaths a day now in the US, and Trump wanted to reopen the USA in five days. Moron.

Thank you, Dr. Fauci. He's been with NIH for 37 years, a career government public health official. He's the expert and he's the one who helped save American lives.

"Social distancing" started with Fauci.
And this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
What is your baseline?

If he had started taking this seriously when everyone else did, he would have saved a lot more lives, so you could count how many he has cost us.

But if you set your baseline as to when he (finally) started being an effective follower, rather than a misinformed, disruptive "leader", then yeah, he's come around and saved some lives compared to the trajectory he was on.

I wish he had done better in the beginning, but I'm glad he's finally coming around. Still don't like him, and still think he could be doing a much better job, but certainly he's doing better than HE was doing a month or two ago.

Old 04-07-2020, 07:26 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,373,891 times
Statists be like...

When my politician says "Jump!", I ask "How high?".

Old 04-07-2020, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Statists be like...

Filed under things people say when they lose over and over again.

Old 04-07-2020, 07:31 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,661,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Statists be like...

Others look up the word "jump" in the dictionary and claim they were the first to act !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies