Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2020, 06:09 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 3 days ago)

27,182 posts, read 13,469,799 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
So, you can't blame either if they both made the same mistake?

That is a weird way of looking at things.

If two people commit a crime, they they are both held accountable.

They both failed to restock, so why do they deserve a pass?

Its a mistake. Why are you looking for excuses for people who were responsible of maintaining them? Wouldn't it make sense to pay attention to it, so it wont be repeated?

It's not so much that they both deserve a pass it's more like they are both have been equally uselsss.

Most US emergency prepardness is directed towards physical disaters such as hurricanes and flooding, as well as terrorism, and these areas have imprved since 9/11 and New Orleans however this money has not been extended to pandemics, and this is a policy failure by both Dems and GOP as well as US Civil Servants.

To blame just one administration would be wrong as this is the result of far more long term planning emergency planning and national security policy.

What most nations do is review national security every five or even ten years and publish a report identifying possible emergencies and stating the strategy to deal with them. These reviews are often part of larger reviews also involving Defence and other capabilities, and there are sometimnes excercises to test responses to different scenarios.

Pandemic prepardness is going to have to be reviewed, including response to Bio-terrorism and other areas, and this is not just a US issue is a global issue.

Last edited by Brave New World; 04-13-2020 at 06:21 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2020, 06:42 AM

25,738 posts, read 12,824,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
It became political because you never let a good crisis go to waste.
Americans got $1,200/ea., Wash DC got ~$6,000/ea. x 300M/535 pols = $336M/pol. x (% skim rate) = ???

To openly steal $1.8T from taxpayers requires a deep division amongt the voting blocks...a total lack of unity amongst Americans must be firmly in place. Everything must be politicised, Red vs. Blue must be kept at fever pitch....throw in a pandemic for good measure.

If Red & Blue unite, government's grand illusions fail. However, by the time Red & Blue come together; its too late. The money's gone, and so are the 535 politicians. Has anyone seen that ex-Ukranian President, or the missing $500B?

For now, Gov't keeps winning, and the 99% get crushed. The wealth and income gaps just got wider.

That's why a disease became politicised. To facilitiate a massive heist in broad daylight, no shots fired, or laws broken. It's a David Copperfield illusion that fooled 327,000,000 subjects.

Sorry to distract you all....now, back to our normally scheduled programming..."your guy's senile" "your guy's a liar, and mean"

Old 04-13-2020, 06:47 AM

11,252 posts, read 11,028,294 times
Simply put, as several others have already stated, it's political because Trump is in office.

If a democrat was in office, and his actions and response times were the same, the leftist media would be hailing him as the savior of mankind.

Old 04-13-2020, 06:52 AM

13,961 posts, read 5,628,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
If a democrat was in office, and his actions and response times were the same, the leftist media would be hailing him as the savior of mankind.
To echo and add detail - if a Democrat was doing and saying everything EXACTLY the same, the mainstream media would indeed be hailing that person a hero and the savior of mankind.

Propaganda has such power.

Old 04-13-2020, 06:53 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,092,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Einhander View Post
I don’t understand it. Was it always like this? Was SARS political? The Spanish Flu?

This is supposed to be about coming together not further dividing.

Because coming off a failed impeachment attempt, failed RUSSIA narrative, failed Stormy Daniels scandal......and another dismal collection of Democratic candidates to run against Trump......

The Left needed something else to use as a political weapon.

Pretty disgusting actually.

Old 04-13-2020, 06:59 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,710,487 times
Quote:
I just felt that we should put all politics aside and come together.
THIS certainly is what I recall, in America. In times of crisis we used to be able to rise to the occasion or at least be prodded into it by courageous leaders who would remind us that UNITED WE STAND and DIVIDED WE FALL.

Perhaps we are just dating ourselves, OP.

Old 04-13-2020, 07:02 AM

16,279 posts, read 10,418,527 times
Quote:
I don’t understand it. Was it always like this? Was SARS political? The Spanish Flu?

I think the answer is obvious. Instead of taking the early warnings seriously Trump make it a political weapon, he was clearly the one to make it political as he called the early warnings a hoax by the Dems to bring him down.

In normal times a President would not survive openly mocking the warnings, behavior that has cost us lives as many followed his advice and continued to socialize. But these are not normal times.

Old 04-13-2020, 07:04 AM

30,372 posts, read 19,170,654 times
Quote:

Liberals have thrown freedom, the Constitution, decency and the lives of millions into the fire in a reckless attempt to gain power.

Old 04-13-2020, 07:06 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
It becomes political due to the response of whom happens to be in the white house at the time. Some presidents have been very prepared for pandemics & others disassemble teams that respond rapidly to these things because they believe they are a very stable genius.
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin2Reston View Post
You said it well.
I had a response written out to sindey and then decided I'd be nice and abandoned it. Then I saw movin's response and I can no longer resist.

Sindey didn't say anything. Seriously. She just parroted a couple of ideas which have been relentlessly pummeled into our heads for almost five years. She literally said nothing of substance, at all. I can open almost any newspaper or digital publisher's site on any given day and find the exact same sentiment, peppered throughout the entire thing.

Sindey didn't produce an original thought. She just served up the same propaganda that's been circulating for years, garnished with a sprig of current events.

And then comes "You said it well." OMG, I can't even begin to tell you how hard I literally LOL'd when I saw that response.

F'ing hive minds. Start thinking for yourselves. Geez.

Old 04-13-2020, 07:13 AM

11,252 posts, read 11,028,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
F'ing hive minds. Start thinking for yourselves. Geez.
Can you even imagine how old that routine will be by November 2024?!!!

Buckle up Pilgrim. It's gonna get interesting!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies