Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2020, 06:00 AM

26,533 posts, read 15,102,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
You can buy weed, but not tomato seeds (maybe she doesn't know where food comes from).

You can buy a game, but not a government-required baby car seat.

You can buy Easter Cards, but not paint

Etc.

-------------------

Michigan Democratic Governor Gretchen Whitmer’s latest executive order deems a number of home-improvement and gardening items — including fruit and vegetable seeds — “non-essential.”

https://dailycaller.com/2020/04/11/g...g1gxBOidkXGrbA

You missed this Whitmer Genius move:

A Michigan resident cannot go from their private residence alone in their private car to their private 2nd summer home.

But someone from outside the state even a hot spot like NYC can go to their private summer home in Michigan.

P.S. Whitmer was caught violating her own stay at home order!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2020, 06:02 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,400,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post

A Michigan resident cannot go from their private residence alone in their private car to their private 2nd summer home.

But someone from outside the state even a hot spot like NYC can go to their private summer home in Michigan.

I don't believe that MI executive orders apply to citizens of another state.

Old 04-16-2020, 06:13 AM

3,130 posts, read 3,077,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post

This is being done because northern Michigan doesn't have the hospital resources if a large covid-19 outbreak occurs there that they do in the more urban parts of the state. Also, people could choose to go to their vacation homes before April 11.

Whitmer doesn't have the constitutional authority to order this for out of state residents, as that's a federal issue.

It will almost certainly be modified after May 1. Until then, enjoy the snow!

Old 04-16-2020, 06:27 AM

29,530 posts, read 14,684,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
She botched Michigan's C-19 response very badly coming out of the gate, and now she's trying to play catch-up.

She banned the Trump Drugs initially, and failed to file for a State Emergency Declaration with the Feds which provides Billions in Federal aid for Michigan. VP Pence had to call it to her attention. Her failing to do so in a timely manner, also put Michigan at the back of the line for PPE's...masks, ventilators, ect..

She is a very poor Manager, and that is what Governor's must be to be effective.
Agreed. Although , I do side with here on these orders. We as a state just didn't listen to the first wave of "shelter at home" , the few times I've left the house Target, Home Depot, etc parking lots all looked full just like nothing was going on. Snowmobiliers, ATV riders and boaters were all doing there thing traveling across the state. And then Detroit, and it's surrounding neighborhoods. You can see it in the numbers infected and where. She had to take an all or nothing approach. It sucks but it seems to be the only way to get through to people.
Then the stupidity that happened at the capitol yesterday...just SMH at that. I'm sure we will watch the numbers jump from this.

Old 04-16-2020, 06:32 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,721,807 times
The real dictator-in-chief "trumps" Whitmer's orders anyway. Just ask him. He said his "authority is total."
Is it not?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJuhi4Pg-js

Old 04-16-2020, 06:42 AM

8,505 posts, read 4,572,537 times
This attention seeking episode loses a lot of its meaning when they drive around displaying Trump flags. Makes it look more like a political stunt.

Old 04-16-2020, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Agreed. Although , I do side with here on these orders. We as a state just didn't listen to the first wave of "shelter at home" , the few times I've left the house Target, Home Depot, etc parking lots all looked full just like nothing was going on. Snowmobiliers, ATV riders and boaters were all doing there thing traveling across the state. And then Detroit, and it's surrounding neighborhoods. You can see it in the numbers infected and where. She had to take an all or nothing approach. It sucks but it seems to be the only way to get through to people.
Then the stupidity that happened at the capitol yesterday...just SMH at that. I'm sure we will watch the numbers jump from this.
We don't typically agree on much, but you and I are certainly on the same page here.

We, as Michiganders, brought this on ourselves more than the State dropped the ball.

My experience up here in Lansing/East Lansing is very much the same as yours. We even saw large and obvious Easter gatherings at homes in our neighborhood.

If we act like irresponsible children, we should expect to get treated like irresponsible children.

Old 04-16-2020, 06:46 AM

16,912 posts, read 10,604,576 times
I hear the good people of Michigan are finally protesting this moron. Hopefully she will be recalled.

Old 04-16-2020, 06:48 AM

29,530 posts, read 14,684,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
We don't typically agree on much, but you and I are certainly on the same page here.

We, as Michiganders, brought this on ourselves more than the State dropped the ball.

My experience up here in Lansing/East Lansing is very much the same as yours. We even saw large and obvious Easter gatherings at homes in our neighborhood.

If we act like irresponsible children, we should expect to get treated like irresponsible children.
People just aren't getting it. If we had done what we were supposed to do, in theory there should not have been any cases north of the Zilwaukee bridge. Yet there are.

Old 04-16-2020, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
People just aren't getting it. If we had done what we were supposed to do, in theory there should not have been any cases north of the Zilwaukee bridge. Yet there are.
Precisely.

Couldn't rep you again, yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies