Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2020, 05:51 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,064,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
I equate anyone who supports belief systems that boasts of eternal suffering for non believers (or even people who dare to believe differently) to Nazis.

It's absolutely hate speech, and if I was ever to hear it in my home, against my wishes, I would see it as an act of aggression that justifies force.
Lol

<amused>

Old 04-27-2020, 05:55 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,681,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
Lol

<amused>
Yes - the absurdity of not seeing violent religious beliefs for what they are, can perhaps be regarded as somewhat amusing, .... in a fashion.

The mirth shouldn't detract from the fact that most people understand the need not to parade their doctrine in a robotic clockwork fashion in public places, and to unwilling ears. But there are those few (not in some countries though), that fail to understand this hallmark of civilized society - no unreasonable imposition of religion on to others, and against their will.

Old 04-27-2020, 06:06 PM

2,151 posts, read 1,356,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
[url]Meanwhile, Christian churches in Minneapolis have been shuttered.
I think this is representative of your experience with your church. We're shut down over here but our church held service remotely and it was amazing. Every Sunday has been a great day of prayer for us.

I wish the same for all people of all faiths. Could you imagine if you couldn't pray?

Old 04-27-2020, 06:21 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,596,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
Absolutely - Civilised behaviour is not the clockwork preaching of core religious doctrine to unwilling listeners in public places, or even loud enough to be heard within houses.

Burning a particular book that espouses torture to those who are different, is genuine protest - symbolic and non violent.
But church bells are OK?

Old 04-27-2020, 11:05 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,681,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
But church bells are OK?
To my way of thinking, yes - I don't see music the same as the spoken word.

Old 04-28-2020, 05:20 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,505,945 times
If Muslims showed up in their cars near a mosque, got into their back seats to pray, and the cops started issuing tickets, liberals would be screaming their heads off about being prejudiced against Muslims. It’s the special treatment liberals (that’s who’s defending them here) give to Muslims that’s the problem.

Also, this community is a breeding ground for Islamic terrorists. Bending over backwards to allow Muslims to force others to listen to their worship of a hateful, violent man isn’t going to help matters. It would be better to remind them that they are no longer in a Muslim country that favors their religion over others, and in America, other people’s religions count as well. They should not be able to force others to listen to their doctrine.

Last edited by Rachel976; 04-28-2020 at 06:08 AM..

Old 04-28-2020, 05:58 AM

3,648 posts, read 3,785,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
But church bells are OK?
The muslim "call to prayer" is akin to the catholic apostle's creed, not mere bells. It is the articles of the muslim religion. A statement of allegiance.

I do not support a city allowing either to be blasted throughout their area, forcing all to listen.

Old 04-28-2020, 06:01 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
If Muslims showed up in their cars near a mosque, got into their back seats to pray, and the cops started issuing tickets, liberals would be screaming their heads off about being prejudiced against Muslims. It’s the special treatment liberals (that’s who’s defending them here) give to Muslims that’s the problem.

Also, this community is a breeding ground for Islamic terrorists. Bending over backwards to allow Muslims to force others to listen to their worship of a hateful, violent man isn’t going to help matters. It would be better to remind them that they are now longer in a Muslim country that favors their religion over others, and in America, other people’s religions count as well. They should not be able to force others to listen to their doctrine.
I say your made up scenario is a story you tell your self to vilify a group of people who think differently than you.

So you aren't objecting to the call to prayer as much as objecting to all Muslims gathering for prayer at any time.

Old 04-28-2020, 06:13 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,505,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I say your made up scenario is a story you tell your self to vilify a group of people who think differently than you.

So you aren't objecting to the call to prayer as much as objecting to all Muslims gathering for prayer at any time.
I made up that cops ticketed Christians for praying in their cars? All I did was compare that to how liberals would have defended them if the same thing happened to Muslims. Because what they are defending now is worse: They’re defending their right to force “infidels” to hear their Muslim doctrine, five times a day, beginning at the crack of dawn. Christians in parking lots don’t infringe on me at all, but a loud blast five times a day, in a foreign language, praising a man who sad hateful things about Jews, is something I shouldn’t have to be subjected to.

And duh....I’m not objecting to Muslims praying at all. I’m objecting to being forced to hear their prayers. And funny you accuse me of villifying people who are different. The Muslims are broadcasting their praise for a man who so vilified others who are different that he said G-d cursed them and turned them into apes and rats.

The irony here is unreal. A liberal insisting that those who object to hearing praise for a man who vilified others are vilifying others.

Old 04-28-2020, 06:16 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
I made up that cops ticketed Christians for praying in their cars? All I did was compare that to how liberals would have defended them if the same thing happened to Muslims. Because what they are defending now is worse: They’re defending their right to force “infidels” to hear their Muslim doctrine, five times a day, beginning at the crack of dawn. Christians in parking lots don’t infringe on me at all, but a loud blast five times a day, in a foreign language, praising a man who sad hateful things about Jews, is something I shouldn’t have to be subjected to.
No -- you made up the story that if it were Muslims who got tickets, 'liberals' would protest.

That didn't happen -- you made up a story to fit your narrative.

You aren't infringed on -- you don't live there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies