Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2020, 03:19 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times

Advertisements

we are not reopening the economy
We are testing the waters starting with Alabama bowling alleys

Old 04-25-2020, 03:24 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,226,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechGromit View Post
Well part of the problem is this is a world wide pandemic, say tomorrow they stop the virus in the United States, It's still raging in the rest of the world. It's going to be pretty hard to keep the infection spreading back into this country again. Even with an isolationist policy, you still can't keep the southern border secured from illegal immigrates. Ships, planes and trains with crews come into and out of this country daily to/from the outside world, shipping products and supplies. So long as we practice social distancing when possible, wear masks, sanitize surfaces and wash our hands often. Any second wave effects will be minimized. If we utilized these practices when it was first detected, it would never have gotten this bad. The second wave is going to be a lot milder, so long as we reopen in a smart way.
nobody inbound that doesn't quarantine for 14 days and THEN test negative.

all goods are dropped at the dock or aiport, and then treated with blasts of UV light and yes, disinfectant.

if we must, to satisfy you, illegally crossing the border is subject to arrest and immediate deportation, or shooting on sight if they try to escape or return. Because hey - if we a protecting 300MM Americans this way, saving us against the possible scourge of 50K infected border jumpers is an easy tradeoff.

Old 04-25-2020, 03:37 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,091,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TownDweller View Post
There are Immunology experts, some of them are present in the daily briefings. You probably even know their names.

There is a lot they don't know about this virus but they know a great deal about viruses in general and how other viruses have worked. Which informs their handling of this virus. Sorry if your can't see how that works.

It's ok, just keep drinking that Clorox, I mean Kool aid, and everything will be fine. After all, it is going to just disappear on it's own anyway. Just like your puppet master said.
The Minister of Health and What We Should Do™ in the state of Pennsylvania is a tranny. Would you consider him an expert on how to best conduct one's life?

Virginia's Earl of Health and Living The Best Life™ just called for keeping everyone locked down for another two years.

So much for "experts".

Old 04-25-2020, 03:44 PM

35,710 posts, read 21,076,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Show proof that poster is going to die. That the odds are good that will happen. You can't so you won't. Just more fake drama from the sky is falling crowd.
I don't wish anyone to get sick-but I don't want your well-self, to carry the bug -and give it to me. We good with that? I am preparing my stash of masks, inserts etc. what I hope will help me stay out of harms way.

Old 04-25-2020, 04:53 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,835,754 times
Quote:
Exactly. No matter what, do not trust experts with decades of experience fighting AIDS, SARS, Avian Flu, Ebola and others.

Listen to your leader. Drink Clorox. Rinse and repeat.

And if you're still alive then, watch him get destroyed in November. Because he will be crushed in November. And with good cause.
If Clorox doesn't work, perhaps a nice soothing Drano enema will clean the ol' pipes!

Old 04-25-2020, 05:07 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,316,736 times
Quote:
There are Immunology experts, some of them are present in the daily briefings. You probably even know their names.

There is a lot they don't know about this virus but they know a great deal about viruses in general and how other viruses have worked. Which informs their handling of this virus. Sorry if your can't see how that works.

It's ok, just keep drinking that Clorox, I mean Kool aid, and everything will be fine. After all, it is going to just disappear on it's own anyway. Just like your puppet master said.
Well, I guess that you can just sit in your house forever then. I'm not sure who else is with you, though. Here in my Pittsburgh suburb the traffic (both car and foot) is damn heavy.

Old 04-25-2020, 05:26 PM

558 posts, read 299,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
Well, I guess that you can just sit in your house forever then. I'm not sure who else is with you, though. Here in my Pittsburgh suburb the traffic (both car and foot) is damn heavy.
Actually I'm enjoying a DQ blizzard right now. It's tasty.

Old 04-25-2020, 05:31 PM

558 posts, read 299,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
The Minister of Health and What We Should Do™ in the state of Pennsylvania is a tranny. Would you consider him an expert on how to best conduct one's life?

Virginia's Earl of Health and Living The Best Life™ just called for keeping everyone locked down for another two years.

So much for "experts".
What does someone's gender assignment have to do with public heath administration? Are you kidding me?

BTW, your guy is done in November. And he knows it.

Pandemic + Economic collapse = lost election.

Old 04-25-2020, 06:26 PM

1,763 posts, read 2,048,363 times
let's just stay home for 2 years and let the government keep printing money.

monthly stimulus checks should be enough to cover monthly netflix subscriptions.

COVID is so deadly that it forgot to kill Tom Hanks.

Old 04-25-2020, 06:43 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,316,736 times
Quote:
Actually I'm enjoying a DQ blizzard right now. It's tasty.
No surprise there. At least you admit it. But why aren't you following your beloved health officials' advice and staying home?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies