Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2020, 02:38 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,693,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
That has to be the funniest thing I have seen in a long time!!! I want a bumper sticker
It's the other way around. Trump needs someone to bleach him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2020, 02:39 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,798,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TB12inTB2020 View Post
Joe Scarborough said live on the air that Trump told people to ingest Scrubbing Bubbles. Joe Scarborough is an idiot, even more so than Trump is.
Joe Scarborough is not president (thank goodness).

The first president I remember is Harry Truman. He kept a sign on his desk - 'The Buck Stops Here'. I have lived to see the President of the United States say "I take no responsibility at all."

Old 04-26-2020, 02:53 AM

9,446 posts, read 6,598,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willamette City View Post
He should just let the experts talk. Hopefully by now everyone knows what he says is worse then just not understanding treatment, he is spreading dangerous mis-information. You can see the experts sitting behind him squirming.
CD won't let me rate this positive, so here ++++++++++++++++++++++.

Old 04-26-2020, 03:54 AM

8,397 posts, read 4,391,844 times
Here is the way it works for his followers. A MADE UP example ....

Trump says something that is off the rails, for example IF he were to say ...

I like to fondle children.

Well, of course it would be plastered all over the media and most people would be rightfully outraged.

However, Trumps followers would be triggerd, blasting the media as fake saying all Trump meant was he loved children and wanted to hug them.

That is pretty much the way it has been going for years now and most people are getting tired of the dog and pony show.

Old 04-26-2020, 04:05 AM

2,690 posts, read 4,226,957 times
[QUOTE=ditchoc;57948680]Here is the way it works for his followers. A MADE UP example ....

Trump says something that is off the rails, for example IF he were to say ...

I like to fondle children.

Well, of course it would be plastered all over the media and most people would be rightfully outraged.

However, Trumps followers would be triggerd, blasting the media as fake saying all Trump meant was he loved children and wanted to hug them.

That is pretty much the way it has been going for years now and most people are getting tired of the dog and pony show.[/quote]

Nothing seems to trigger Trump supporters like directly quoting their Dear Leader's own words.

Poor Donnie, no hate rallies, and now no press briefings. How will he vent his spleen now?

Old 04-26-2020, 04:50 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,573,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
He's sharper than you and Biden and every other knuckle-dragging liberal in America. That said, he was wrong to shut down the country over a flu bug.
Yeah says the man who believes windmills cause cancer.

Old 04-26-2020, 05:08 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,591,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Translation: What's the point in having news conferences when I'm making so many unforced errors?

If he has to pose that question then I have to agree - there is no point in continuing such a disinformative daily event.

Old 04-26-2020, 05:55 AM

2,887 posts, read 2,640,006 times
We can thank the ever wonderful misguided human beings in the press corps persisting in constantly asking inane and irrelevant “gotcha” questions.

This should make the Trump haters happier yet somehow it probably won’t.

Old 04-26-2020, 06:03 AM

20,192 posts, read 9,100,825 times
Trump handed over the re-opening to those that insisted they should do it, the Governor's, how's that going? Trump can sit back and laugh at all the screwups. How many hours a day is Cuomo on TV these days trying to cover his ass... 4? 6 a day? lmao

Old 04-26-2020, 06:24 AM

8,397 posts, read 4,391,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
We can thank the ever wonderful misguided human beings in the press corps persisting in constantly asking inane and irrelevant “gotcha” questions.

This should make the Trump haters happier yet somehow it probably won’t.

So it appears you are saying that when Trump 'misspeaks' or obviously lies (which he frequently does), the press is just supposed to not ask for clarification and ignore it because if they do, they are 'inane and irrelevant.'

We, the American people and especially the press, are to never question the President under any circumstances. That would make him a king.

The best of my understanding is, we, the American people, allow government to manage our affairs and we are responsible to ensure they do so appropriately. It is our (the people including the press) right, our responsibility to make sure this nation is in competent hands and to question anything that seems wrong.

It seems to me the President and his followers are doing all they can to remove the American peoples rights to question. To cast doubt on legal process. To squelch freedom of speech and the press. To cripple the system of checks and balances so they have absolute control. I for one do not think the American people will tolerate that.

A two party system of debate and compromise is healthy and welcome. But the current power grab and attempted blinding of justice and logic is not acceptable and the American people will not tolerate that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies