Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2020, 06:47 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,102,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
Why the constant need for the irrelevant “gotcha” questions? They never treat Cuomo this way during his briefings.
Maybe because when Cuomo gives a briefing his message is clear and concise and doesn't leave ambiguities to be picked at. He also doesn't ponder stupid sh*t that leaves viewers wondering what the heck he is saying...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2020, 06:55 AM

2,887 posts, read 2,636,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Maybe because when Cuomo gives a briefing his message is clear and concise and doesn't leave ambiguities to be picked at. He also doesn't ponder stupid sh*t that leaves viewers wondering what the heck he is saying...
I would like the press to badger Cuomo with some “gotcha” questions. Treat their boy like they do the president although everyone knows that will never happen.

Old 04-26-2020, 06:56 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,199,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post

Yes Mr. President you have been totally disrespected by the MPM (Main Propaganda Misfits) since you announced running for POTUS and that you don't have a "D" in front of your name as well as Hillary lost, you're their enemy and will only always treat you as such. I agree that it's best to not waste your time with these news conferences and I'll get it straight from your tweets and such which your voters have and will always appreciate.

Also Mr. President I am your supporter and will vote for you again, but am upset with you that you listened to Dr. Fauci and Birx who are beholden to "parties" which are not conducive with pro-American policies. There's more Mr. President but I'm posting this from the City Data Politics and Other Controversies forum and I don't want to face (but sadly will probably be) much like the disrespect as you get from the MPM (Main Propaganda Misfits) as this part of the forum has mostly liberal/democrat/TDS posters.

Take care and GOD Bless,
atgss

Old 04-26-2020, 06:57 AM

10,774 posts, read 4,353,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willamette City View Post
He should just let the experts talk. Hopefully by now everyone knows what he says is worse then just not understanding treatment, he is spreading dangerous mis-information. You can see the experts sitting behind him squirming.
The problem is the experts are guessing their way through this....
Trump didn't recommend injecting anything by the way, he asked the question.

Old 04-26-2020, 07:01 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,199,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandy View Post
Trumps daily briefings have caused some of my Trump supporting friends to say “WTF?”. It’s like they are really seeing him for the first time. But most have said they’ll still support him. They just don’t like his handling of the pandemic and think he should stop the daily briefings because they expose his lack of understanding of the situation. My cousin (and if you knew this guy, you’d know what a shock this was) even said Trump was wrong to attack the media over the whole disinfectant thing. He watched the briefing live and saw Trump question the medical experts and said he cringed. But, he also said he’s still 100% for Trump.

The are cracks forming.

His weakness is that he's an alpha-male and that he feels he needs to be the center of attention which because of such gets into areas he's not educated on enough to make any comments and such. I'm still voting for him this November because the "other" choice(s) will "kill" our country plus I'm a PRO-LIFE believer and the other(s) are not an option anyway.

Old 04-26-2020, 07:11 AM

46,311 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Here is the way it works for his followers. A MADE UP example ....

Trump says something that is off the rails, for example IF he were to say ...

I like to fondle children.

Well, of course it would be plastered all over the media and most people would be rightfully outraged.

However, Trumps followers would be triggerd, blasting the media as fake saying all Trump meant was he loved children and wanted to hug them.

That is pretty much the way it has been going for years now and most people are getting tired of the dog and pony show.

No, a more accurate example would be:

trump: drink plenty of water during the pandemic
msm: trump said to drown youself

And it would be plastered all over the msm and 40 threads here on CD....

Old 04-26-2020, 07:14 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,102,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
I would like the press to badger Cuomo with some “gotcha” questions. Treat their boy like they do the president although everyone knows that will never happen.
I don't watch Cuomo's briefs regularly but I have a feeling if asked he would be concise in his response, teach your "boy" how to stay on point and speak clearly and they might stop.

Last edited by VA Yankee; 04-26-2020 at 07:33 AM..

Old 04-26-2020, 07:25 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,962,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atgss View Post
His weakness is that he's an alpha-male and that he feels he needs to be the center of attention which because of such gets into areas he's not educated on enough to make any comments and such. I'm still voting for him this November because the "other" choice(s) will "kill" our country plus I'm a PRO-LIFE believer and the other(s) are not an option anyway.
You made a mistake. He is not an alpha male. He only THINKS he is an alpha male. A true alpha male does not have that need to always be the center of attention. A person who has to be the center of attention is an insecure person. Psychology 101.

Old 04-26-2020, 07:27 AM

2,558 posts, read 2,907,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
With the last attempt at live brainstorming by Trump (impeached white collar criminal), we need more.
He can show how a stable genius acts and just throws stuff out with no thought behind.
He should go out everyday hoping that his medication is still in his system.
Best attack ad writer is Trump himself.
Somewhat true but by the same token his competition his hiding out in a "Fall Out Shelter" somewhere keeping his Gaff Machine mouth shut.
Somewhat strange that Trump's press conference gaff gets endless press while his competitions "Me Too" moment is not even mentioned.

Old 04-26-2020, 07:31 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,469,729 times
Good. He should have stopped long ago. He adds nothing. The only reason he was there was to give his attention addiction a fix. No doubt in his mind it was a substitution for the energy he got from his rallies. Unfortunately (for him) it backfired. He really sees himself as the smartest guy in the room; he thinks rambling on spouting whatever pops into his head is "genius" and adoring fans will hang on his every word. Trump being Trump then says stupid crap. The press knows he will and of course waits like vultures. Trump can't resist - and then follows up by taking questions in order to hold the cameras longer and have something to angrily tweet about afterwards. He loves it. Anyone who thinks Trump is a victim of the mean and unfair media is not paying attention. It's a circle-jerk. Trump and the media love it equally - all about the ratings baby! This guy is not bright and lets the needs of his ego drive every decision he makes. Not good traits in someone leading the country.

Press briefings should be weekly and include a spokesperson (Pence is doing reasonably well, as much as I dislike him and his politics) and whatever experts are needed to provide facts and clarity. The President should stay away. That way, the focus can be on the issue at hand. Will Trump allow that? Maybe, maybe not. I don't believe for one minute he wants to. Some advisors may have convinced him at least momentarily, that he is hurting himself more than helping. He won't believe that for long though.

Last edited by maciesmom; 04-26-2020 at 08:34 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies