Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2020, 05:53 AM

7,103 posts, read 5,989,018 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
It will last for generations, but it will impact nearly every industry and sector to some degree, NO ONE is totally immune, the pandemic is a global one, so most other countries have wen thru the same things.

Dominoes falling is the best way to describe whats going to happen in the US in the near future, even companies and sectors that appear to be doing great...they will be dragged down with the rest of the sinking ship, they are not enough to prevent collapse.
You know what followed the 1918 pandemic? The roaring 20s.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2020, 05:55 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
Doesn't anyone who supports Trump think logically ? The media makes BILLIONS from ad revenue. It's their source of income. You Trumpistas think that the media wants to lose money ? You guys can't have it both ways. But then again what do I expect from people who defend drinking bleach.
They are embarrassed by how Trump is handling it, so they try to shift the blame. They blame the media, democrats, liberals, WHO, China, immigrants, governors, States, etc, etc, etc

They display the perpetual victim mentality.

Old 04-27-2020, 05:56 AM

23,565 posts, read 17,241,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Looks like someone has been sipping too many Trump Disinfectant Quarant-inis
Well let's look at precedent.

We have the media edit a 911 call to make the caller look racist

We have a kid in a red hat harassed by the media for something he did not do.

we have the media claim trump is a racist, xenophobe and every other socil justice charge that could be imagined

we have the media's owenr, the democrat party, rig a primary election to favor their chosen candidate while pretending she was the people's pick. they gave her questions ahead of time for a debate.

the media predicted trump's demise for unproven charges repeated for three years

the media and dem partner twisted trumps words to create the great charlotte lie.

the has been relentless making criminal charges against trump as directed by the democrat party

Obama's doj falsified a warrant and judge shopped to spy on journalists... no legal or ethical consequence

Obama rogue IRS office in cincinnati suppressed the conservative vote

Obama lied about benghazi to support his narrative about his ME policy just to win and election

Obama lied about shovel ready jobs

Pelosi said 'we have to pass it to see what is in it" and the media fell silent instaed of ending her career

The dems have chosen a mentally diminished candidate you wouldn't trust to drive your kids across town to grand,ma's house. the media is going along with it.

Harry reid lied about Mitt not paying tax for 10 years to win an election

Schiff told chronic lies for three years about Trump

the media and ems attacked a SC nomineee based on false charges while ignoring charges against Biden which were fact based.

It is the media who has been so obvious in their use of propaganda to attack Trump they have revealed themselves galaxies beyond bias and well into the territory of hate filled propaganda.

Obama's DOJ attempted a political coupe of a sitting president using falsifying documents just like eric holder did to spy on journalists

and you think someone is sipping kool-aid, they are and it is the media and dem party with a heritage of corruption, unethical and criminal behavior. they are an existential fight and they choice of nominee proves they are up to no good along with their media propaganda machine. Look for voter fraud to be their primary weapon.

Old 04-27-2020, 06:03 AM

7,103 posts, read 5,989,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
They are embarrassed by how Trump is handling it, so they try to shift the blame. They blame the media, democrats, liberals, WHO, China, immigrants, governors, States, etc, etc, etc

They display the perpetual victim mentality.
You’re wrong, I didn’t even vote for Trump. I simply want to know if there’s correlation between the the media hype of this virus, the knee jerk reaction of the administration, and our crashing economy. I didn’t mention right or left when I posed the question.

Old 04-27-2020, 06:51 AM

30,072 posts, read 18,678,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
With all this hype, all this terror, panic, end-of-the-world sensationalism that we are being fed day after day by the media. Is there any chance, given their history of trying this before, that they are using a common cold/flu to literally destroy our economy?

CNN leads the way when it comes to One Story Journalism, choosing to grasp the hot button du jour and run with it until they can't no more. What concerns me though is that there's a deeper plot going on. One that has been tried before recently and failed. Perhaps this is another attempt at destroying the economy for the sake of political change?

If that turns out to be the case, how can we hold them accountable?
Zero- they have to live in the same world the rest of us live in.\

I am not a fan of the leftist media, but I don't think they want to perpetuate economic chaos and visit misery on the population.

Old 04-27-2020, 07:14 AM

13,607 posts, read 4,937,539 times
Quote:
You know what followed the 1918 pandemic? The roaring 20s.
That's a good point. There is no doubt that our economy will take a hit from this pandemic. But I also am confident that we will bounce back eventually. The country may look a lot different, and we may have to change the way we operate, but we will have prosperity again. This is not the end of the world.

Old 04-27-2020, 07:15 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,854,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Looks like someone has been sipping too many Trump Disinfectant Quarant-inis

Yep, either that or they are bored out of their mind and looking for anything to do...….even post a completely baseless conspiracy theory.

Old 04-27-2020, 07:34 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,701,557 times
Quote:
Is there any chance, given their history of trying this before, that they are using a common cold/flu to literally destroy our economy?
Care to elaborate? When have they tried this before?

Old 04-27-2020, 07:51 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
You’re wrong, I didn’t even vote for Trump. I simply want to know if there’s correlation between the the media hype of this virus, the knee jerk reaction of the administration, and our crashing economy. I didn’t mention right or left when I posed the question.
Well, we have the whole globe shut down, including the US and if you're saying its just a media hoax, then I'd say the world leaders, including ours, are pretty weak minded. It would mean we shut down the country and burned $3 trillion for nothing.

China has opened up again. Did their leaders stop listening / believing to the media?

Old 04-27-2020, 07:59 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
Quote:
With all this hype, all this terror, panic, end-of-the-world sensationalism that we are being fed day after day by the media. Is there any chance, given their history of trying this before, that they are using a common cold/flu to literally destroy our economy?

CNN leads the way when it comes to One Story Journalism, choosing to grasp the hot button du jour and run with it until they can't no more. What concerns me though is that there's a deeper plot going on. One that has been tried before recently and failed. Perhaps this is another attempt at destroying the economy for the sake of political change?

If that turns out to be the case, how can we hold them accountable?
Were you as distressed when prime time Fox News and other prominat Ebola Truthers ( Jones, Limbaugh, Trump etc) beat the Ebola drum long after it was known there was zero risk of public spread? Do you recall that prime time Fox News ceased reporting on Ebola the day after the 2014 midterms?

Did you hold Fox News, Limbaugh, Jones, etc accountable?

Unlike Ebola, the Federal Government issued Social Distancing and Gathering guidelines. Unlike Ebola, 43 states issued Stay at Home Orders. Unlike Ebola, POTUS, governors and mayors do daily briefings. Unlike Ebola, Congress and POTUS allocated $ Trillions with more to come. Unlike Ebola, the Admin projects the Unemployment rate could rival the Great Depression.

Unlike Ebola, the Treasury has injected $1.7 Trillion into the economy with $250 billion more being injected weekly to a cap of $4 trillion.

So yeah, Covid 19 dominates the news cycle. You choose to blame throw at CNN.

Would you prefer to speculate about KIm Jong Un?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies