Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2020, 09:30 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,307,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Mask-wearing and lockdowns only delayed the inevitable. Eventually everyone will come in contact with the virus. Hopefully we will learn our lesson and next time we will go with the “mass exposure” method, i.e. let everyone get exposed to it early on and get over it. In Detroit, two convention centers were set up in the spring to handle thousands of patients. Only a handful showed up and the facilities were disbanded.
Which is what the experts said from day-one.

I guess you forgot about "flattening the curve".

If you are going to rewrite history, how about giving me a Lamborghini.

Old 10-20-2020, 09:44 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,274,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brennan2323 View Post
I think I'll challenge your numbers here. Before you cite breitbart and say it is directly from the CDC you need to actually read the source material from the CDC. This is Scenario Planning done by the CDC. Directly from the page:

The parameters in the scenarios:

Are estimates intended to support public health preparedness and planning.
Are not predictions of the expected effects of COVID-19.
Do not reflect the impact of any behavioral changes, social distancing, or other interventions.

Regarding your worldwide numbers you cannot use the entire population against worldwide deaths. If you want to show the death rate you could use # of case 40.4M vs # of deaths 1.12M. That gives you a mortality rate of .027%. Big difference from your .000142%. Taking that out further and assume 7B people got infected than you are looking at 189M people dead.
All my numbers are showing is the worlwide percentage of people kiled from Covid.

It is miniscule.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies