Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2020, 05:53 AM

8,342 posts, read 2,967,739 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
Nope. You are WRONG, WRONG, WRONG. Flat out WRONG.

Have a nice day.
So all those liberals looting, destroying, shooting, assaulting, and killing is Trump’s fault?

Old 06-06-2020, 06:34 AM

5,067 posts, read 1,667,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
You know that Covid-19 was engineered in a lab by liberals for the sole purpose of hurting Trump’s re-election chances, right?

something like that.

Old 06-06-2020, 09:28 AM

764 posts, read 392,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Not one Democrat is president.

I shouldn't have to point that out to you, but there it is.

So, the question becomes; "Why doesn't tRump hold China accountable?"

Any ideas on that?

He DOES hold them accountable. duh. Wait and see more tariffs.

Old 06-06-2020, 09:31 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,526,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I worry about what stunt (false flag) the insane TDS lunatics will pull next. How many will get killed? This isn't funny. It's dangerous. We know how violent the Dems are. Just look at their past.
^^^^This.

Old 06-06-2020, 09:36 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
I dont believe polls, but you might...did you see that poll that showed Trump had 40% approval from Blacks...uh oh, that pendulum is swinging in Trumps direction

Did you see the NYT's poll that warned of Biden's 28% enthusiasm rate to Trump's 55%? Turnout is what sank Hillary, and she was at 48% enthusiasm.

Regardles, 195 lifetime federal judges, & counting. Even if Trump does lose...can't touch that.

Winning over the past 3.5 yrs has given me enough pleasure to last a lifetime, watching the Libs
HA HA HA!

You don't believe in polls BUT . . there you are quoting a mystery poll that Trump has 40% approval from the black voting bloc.

Do you really believe that chit? Surely you are not that blind.

Trust me on this one - Trump will not, EVER, get 40% of the black vote.

Ever. Especially now.

Old 06-06-2020, 11:50 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,802,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper1372 View Post
This...indeed!

The pandemic is real, and prudent, measured actions should obviously be taken, but the abject fear being promoted by the media...24/7, and by those who are running around screaming "my hair is on fire and we're all gonna die", figuratively speaking of course, is way over the top.

Looking at the entire situation, from various angles, it's pretty easy to figure out the reason for the overreaction. Never let a good crisis go to waste. We're being played...and I think deep down, most of us at least have a very uneasy feeling about what is going on...and exactly why.

No real need to explain it in detail. As the old saying goes "If I have to explain it to you, you'd not understand it anyway".
"If I have to explain it too you, you'd not understand it anyway."
You have to be 45 degrees below stupid to have not seen what New York went through with Covid and not believe that it couldn't happen to your town or your city. Our neighbor is a die hard Trump supporter. You know, old, non college, and willingly admits that she only watches Fox news. Yet, she wears a mask and practices social distancing. Her husband is a morbidly obese alcoholic retired LEO, a diabetic, and nearly left us last year. I was seriously worried that she would drink the koolaid and not be safe. I don't care about her political beliefs, we have been neighbors and friends for decades. (She makes the most exquisite Christmas cookies and I would miss them. We are supposed to bake together this Christmas.) I can't imagine them not being part of our tight knit neighborhood, and I'm glad she is taking this virus seriously.

I totally disagree with you on the over reaction part. One size does not fit all. We live in a hot zone, and my surgeon insists on a negative Covid test before my surgery, and rightfully so. I had to go to the big box hospital professional building for my pre tests in Chicago. That hospital is full of Covid patients. Everyone, and I mean everyone had a mask on, including all employees. Chairs were taped off so people were not in close contact in waiting rooms. I had to sit in 4 of them to complete all of the tests. Elevators had feet on the floor where you are supposed to stand. One elevator was too full so I waited for another. It was an intense experience. That is not over reaction. That is what is needed to stop the spread in an already hot zone.

By contrast we were in a tiny corn field town an hour and a half away from our village to stock the freezer for 3 weeks for after my surgery. They have reported one case and zero deaths. Their perspective about the virus could easily be perceived as over blown. Many were in the grocery store without masks on. They are lucky that the virus never ignited there, but what they don't realize is that one or two infected asymptomatic carriers in close proximity like a church service could ignite a firestorm. I still had an N95 mask on with a surgical mask over it. The mask is old now, and I wish I could find more. I had gloves on and brought soap and water to wash up after I transferred all the meat to freezer bags and the coolers. Over blown reaction? Nope, it's just part of my hospital clean training. I can not catch this virus and I give it a wide berth. If everyone did this? It would have been gone by now.

That's what makes me sad. It's our own stupidity that keeps it spreading.

(Hmmm Beer, back so soon from your much needed break?)

Old 06-06-2020, 12:28 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
You know that Covid-19 was engineered in a lab by liberals for the sole purpose of hurting Trump’s re-election chances, right?
Yes, they actually believe it was a global conspiracy to hurt Trump. Its how they think. Check out this interview with some Trump supporters and you'll understand who/what you are dealing with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzDhm808oU4

Old 10-19-2020, 05:59 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Too bad for you that Covid 19 hit us in March and you were able to lock us down in April and May and perhaps longer in some areas. But the warm weather, and the mask wearing and social distancing and just the general knowledge by a lot of people that our freedoms are being taken away should bring things back to a relative normal by September. If this virus had hit us in July or August for the first time, Trump would have been dead in the water by election day.
Well? The warm weather came and went. And Covid-19?

Old 10-19-2020, 06:41 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,600,110 times
Its up everywhere. Even in other countries.

Whoda thunk a virus did not care who Trump is.

Old 10-19-2020, 06:43 AM

8,518 posts, read 3,759,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Too bad for you that Covid 19 hit us in March and you were able to lock us down in April and May and perhaps longer in some areas. But the warm weather, and the mask wearing and social distancing and just the general knowledge by a lot of people that our freedoms are being taken away should bring things back to a relative normal by September. If this virus had hit us in July or August for the first time, Trump would have been dead in the water by election day.
Nope. It's all a hoax. It's not real. Just the sniffles. A cold. Fake news. Too bad for you that you think it's real.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies