Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2020, 11:09 AM

41,965 posts, read 75,217,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper1372 View Post
We're being played...and I think deep down, most of us at least have a very uneasy feeling about what is going on...and exactly why.
Oh, please do elaborate. I'm dying to hear the pretzel logic that will need to be involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
How nice of you to minimize taking away tens of millions of people's basic freedoms, way of life, and ability to earn a living.
How nice of you to minimize the 60,000+ people that have died, and their families; as well as the thousands of people who will have lasting health problems even after recovering from the virus.

Quote:
Yeah, I'm a wacko for questioning the over-reaction and power grab by the government.
Well ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
Almost every country has shut down their economies to some extent. Are they all doing to hurt Trump as well?
Yes! Don't you know? The Democratic party is so powerful and persuasive that it managed to get every nation on the planet to support its nefarious schemes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
Yes, the democrats colluded with the Chinese to release this virus to bring Trump down. The puzzles just fit. They both hate Trump. Mainstream media are pro-China and pro-democrats. They use the media power to prolong the fear of this virus for as long as possible going into the election.
Wow, that's just sick. I guess it's true that no one should ever underestimate the stupidity of the American public.

Quote:
The REACTION to the virus has been political, and if you don't think that the 2020 election has something to do with it, then I have a bridge to sell you in China. The media is determined to keep Covid 19 in the news as long as it takes.
Believe me, as soon as people stop contracting this virus by the tens of thousands on a daily basis, the media will move on.
Quote:
They are skewing every story to make trump look bad
That doesn't need "skewing". Trump serves it up all by himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Tell me with a straight face that these pro-Covid rallies, that always feature some sort of neo-Nazi or white supremacist symbols aren`t politically motivated.
Exactly. I was disgusted to see how these so-called "law and order" types were treating police officers during their protests. So much for "blue lives matter", eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
There is no reason to keep this shutdown going. People need to protest to show the government they won't take this abuse any longer. This is pure tyranny.
What tyranny, exactly? And abuse? Please provide details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
I'm in Portugal and they are shut down too. Hot, humid Ecuador is the hardest hit in So. America and that's where we go back if their airports ever open up. They have extremely strict lockdown orders.
So much for heat and humidity destroying the virus and/or impeding its transmission.

Old 05-03-2020, 11:50 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times
Quote:
Too bad for you that Covid 19 hit us in March and you were able to lock us down in April and May and perhaps longer in some areas. But the warm weather, and the mask wearing and social distancing and just the general knowledge by a lot of people that our freedoms are being taken away should bring things back to a relative normal by September. If this virus had hit us in July or August for the first time, Trump would have been dead in the water by election day.

Counting on that "v-shaped recession" that tRump and his bootlickers keep blabbering about, aintcha?

This C19 and the following economic meltdown aren't even approaching halftime yet.

Stay tuned, BG.

The GOP is DOA.

6 months.

Old 05-03-2020, 11:53 AM

6,844 posts, read 3,962,827 times
Some people can only see the world through Trump's eyes. If someone posted a question on treating hemorrhoids, you would probably find a way to bring Trump into it.
Quote:
Too bad for you that Covid 19 hit us in March and you were able to lock us down in April and May and perhaps longer in some areas. But the warm weather, and the mask wearing and social distancing and just the general knowledge by a lot of people that our freedoms are being taken away should bring things back to a relative normal by September. If this virus had hit us in July or August for the first time, Trump would have been dead in the water by election day.

Old 05-03-2020, 11:56 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,461,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
... That so many Americans are living so close to the edge even in a strong eocnomy.

This is a true scandal. The 'American Dream' is for all too many, just a long continual nightmare of anxiety regardless of how well the stock market does. Small wonder the suicide rate was so high before the COVID-19 hit us.

Old 05-03-2020, 12:06 PM

6,844 posts, read 3,962,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
This is a true scandal. The 'American Dream' is for all too many, just a long continual nightmare of anxiety regardless of how well the stock market does. Small wonder the suicide rate was so high before the COVID-19 hit us.
The vast majority of people have lived close to the edge since time began. The idea that a paper profit on someone's 401K makes any difference is just an illusion. The American Dream for generations has just been to make the best life you can with what you have. The constitution doesn't guarantee happiness. It guarantees you can pursue happiness.

Old 05-03-2020, 12:28 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,273,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Its not likely that by November voters will have forgot all about the Global Pandemic. It will take more than six months for people to put their lives back together providing all goes well. Many people in the entertainment , tourism, and concert industries are shut down until 2021. All the people and communities that depend on that income are going to be broke and three to four months away from a pay check in November.
I absolutely agree that people will Remember in November - the trick is, what will the remember?
Could it possibly be that Blue States and Blue Local Leaders were keeping them Locked Down, arresting them and making sure they could do nothing while their Businesses went bankrupt? Will they be looking at Red States, Red Local Leaders who followed the Federal Guidelines and opened in careful Phases and started putting their lives back together?

Those Blue Leaders are counting on the Maximum amount of pain and agony to Win in November - they first cried "Flatten the Curve" and the White House Team did that - Armageddon with the promised Millions of lives lost in the USA ... didn't happen. Now the Leftist have moved the Goal Posts - Flatten the Curve wasn't enough - they now want ZERO infections, Mandatory testing, tracking and Shut down orders UNTIL there is a vaccine. A few say "shut down for the entire summer", many say at least a year - maybe 2. In the meantime, they are arresting people, sending drones, snitch programs, fining and jailing them and mandating crazy things like - man powered boats OK, gas powered boats - Arrest you.

Quote:
Everyone will be saying, "what if the President had done a better job?" I don't think the president's campaign will be able to spin his leadership during the pandemic as one of his successes because too many other countries had leaders that did a better job. The numbers will tell the story, not Trump himself.
"Everyone" is basically Leftists and the Far Left Wing Media .. normal people saw those Daily White House Press Briefings. They heard the Scientists speak daily and support the President's actions.
Nobody has to "spin" anything .... hours and hours of Video Tape. A lot of that Video Tape is the non-stop Doom and Gloom Leftist Media. It won't be forgotten that Nancy and the Democrats hid away and did everything they could to lock down Americans - they watched while 30 Million are now jobless and the number rises daily.

You are correct - Citizens will Remember in November. Seems a bit odd to me that some of the "Blue Leaders" think they are immune from Local/State Elections and angry Locked Down Citizens.

Old 05-03-2020, 12:45 PM

764 posts, read 392,635 times
Not one Democrat has come forward with any idea to hold China accountable for killing over 60,000 Americans by withholding information about the virus and putting 30 million Americans out of work because that’s what we had to do to save probably 1 million lives

Old 05-03-2020, 02:34 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times
Cool Just to point out the obvious

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemyfl View Post
Not one Democrat has come forward with any idea to hold China accountable for killing over 60,000 Americans by withholding information about the virus and putting 30 million Americans out of work because that’s what we had to do to save probably 1 million lives

Not one Democrat is president.

I shouldn't have to point that out to you, but there it is.

So, the question becomes; "Why doesn't tRump hold China accountable?"

Any ideas on that?

Old 05-03-2020, 02:36 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,908,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Its not likely that by November voters will have forgot all about the Global Pandemic. It will take more than six months for people to put their lives back together providing all goes well. Many people in the entertainment , tourism, and concert industries are shut down until 2021. All the people and communities that depend on that income are going to be broke and three to four months away from a pay check in November.

Everyone will be saying, "what if the President had done a better job?" I don't think the president's campaign will be able to spin his leadership during the pandemic as one of his successes because too many other countries had leaders that did a better job. The numbers will tell the story, not Trump himself.
Trump would be fine it he kept his big mouth shut father than sticking his foot in it when he isn't having dirreha of the mouth. He hasn't done much to help. His two key program responses (the PPP and the stimulus checks) both had Obamacare like rollouts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Threads like this are so absurd, no one wishes this on anyone. I don’t understand stand why the right wing nut burgers need to make this a partisan issue but science isn’t their strong suit.
Yep. Republicans and Conservatives alike are scared.

Quote:
The virus itself is dangerous and not political. So let's get that out of the way immediately.

The REACTION to the virus has been political, and if you don't think that the 2020 election has something to do with it, then I have a bridge to sell you in China. The media is determined to keep Covid 19 in the news as long as it takes. They are skewing every story to make trump look bad, and they are hoping that the shutdown lasts as long as possible, to hurt Trump's election chances.
I disagree. It is to beat protect citizens and give them the best chance at treatment. Unchecked, deaths would be far higher.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea4 View Post
Oh, for heaven's sake, would you please stop already? COVID-19 is not about Trump, collusion with the Chinese, the election, the media or Democrats vs. Republicans. It's a deadly disease, a disaster on a global scale like nothing the world has ever seen.

Everybody, no matter what their nationality, their station in life or their political persuasion, wants it over with as soon as possible. Everybody. Can we stop being members of two warring tribes for once and just be Americans again? Thank you. I know I'm going to get flamed up one side and down the other for this, but I just had to say it.
The virus itself isn't political. That said Trump is the problem for the response. It is about Trump but more on the side of Trump's response or should I say missteps and failures. I don't recall Republicans saying it was political to say Obamacare when it rolled out was a failure. That and Trump continuing to put forth conspiracies about the virus...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Tell me with a straight face that these pro-Covid rallies, that always feature some sort of neo-Nazi or white supremacist symbols aren`t politically motivated.
Trump didn`t bring the virus here but as other countries were making plans to deal with it he was holding rallies and playing golf. He convinced you that we only had 15 corona cases and the next week there would be zero. Does it ever get tiresome trying to defend this guy? There was a time when the world looked to us for wisdom and guidance and now we`re pitied and mocked.
It was by some Republican and conservative PACs that got in the ear of some group organizers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Translation: as long as the virus is spreading, the media is gonna report on it.

What on earth do you expect?
True even when it isn't unless a bigger story comes along like the death of a president or a war.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Since when is following the advice of health experts political, when a doctor tells you to stop smoking is that a political judgement.

Sure some people want to politicize this on both sides and their is plenty of blame to go around but why shouldn't Covid19 remain as the top news story. The title of this thread is absurd unless you n justify that the virus is a liberal plot.
Because it went against civil liberties forgetting that civil liberties mean precisely dick after death...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
The likely impact of the protests will be to accelerate the spread of the pandemic, increasing the case count and making people more fearful. This will hurt the Republican party more than the Democrats. A larger, second wave in September may lead to a crushing defeat at the polls. Just saying...
Yep. These protests are largely counter-productive regardless of the reason behind it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
If there had been a competent non-rapist running against Trump in November, the lockdowns would have started easing weeks ago.

Dragging this out until August/September and destroying as many lives as possible is the Democrat’s only option unless they can somehow get a better candidate.
Democrats aren't trying to extend the crisis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
I absolutely agree that people will Remember in November - the trick is, what will the remember?
Could it possibly be that Blue States and Blue Local Leaders were keeping them Locked Down, arresting them and making sure they could do nothing while their Businesses went bankrupt? Will they be looking at Red States, Red Local Leaders who followed the Federal Guidelines and opened in careful Phases and started putting their lives back together?

Those Blue Leaders are counting on the Maximum amount of pain and agony to Win in November - they first cried "Flatten the Curve" and the White House Team did that - Armageddon with the promised Millions of lives lost in the USA ... didn't happen. Now the Leftist have moved the Goal Posts - Flatten the Curve wasn't enough - they now want ZERO infections, Mandatory testing, tracking and Shut down orders UNTIL there is a vaccine. A few say "shut down for the entire summer", many say at least a year - maybe 2. In the meantime, they are arresting people, sending drones, snitch programs, fining and jailing them and mandating crazy things like - man powered boats OK, gas powered boats - Arrest you.

"Everyone" is basically Leftists and the Far Left Wing Media .. normal people saw those Daily White House Press Briefings. They heard the Scientists speak daily and support the President's actions.
Nobody has to "spin" anything .... hours and hours of Video Tape. A lot of that Video Tape is the non-stop Doom and Gloom Leftist Media. It won't be forgotten that Nancy and the Democrats hid away and did everything they could to lock down Americans - they watched while 30 Million are now jobless and the number rises daily.

You are correct - Citizens will Remember in November. Seems a bit odd to me that some of the "Blue Leaders" think they are immune from Local/State Elections and angry Locked Down Citizens.
Yes let's remember the broken promises and flip-flopping of Trump. Let's remember how Moscow Mitch wants state to bankrupt.

Old 05-03-2020, 02:45 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,100,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Counting on that "v-shaped recession" that tRump and his bootlickers keep blabbering about, aintcha?

This C19 and the following economic meltdown aren't even approaching halftime yet.

Stay tuned, BG.

The GOP is DOA.

6 months.

Dump Trump with the sump pump!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies